New badge tracker

KeyboardKitsune

On 12/9/2023 at 10:41 AM, SuperJoe said:

When will the "Home for the Hoilidays" badge be added to the Event badges?

I'll try to get to it this weekend. I also need to update some of my mods to include that badge so I'll try to do that this weekend too.

• Thanks 1

I wound up replacing the Winter block with the below

Menu "Winter"
		{
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Cold as Ice"
				Command "settitle 1951"
				Badge Holiday2010
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Cold Warrior"
				Command "settitle 209"
				Badge SnowmenDefeatBadge
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Crystallized"
				Command "settitle 704"
				Badge Crystallized
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Frosty"
				Command "settitle 703"
				Badge Frosty
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Frozen Fury"
				Command "settitle 210"
				Badge SnowbeastDefeatBadge
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Gift Getter"
				Command "settitle 2089"
				Badge Holiday2011Get
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Gift Which Keeps Giving"
				Command "settitle 2088"
				Badge Holiday2011Give
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Joyful"
				Command "settitle 702"
				Badge Joyful
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Lord of Winter / Lady of Winter"
				Command "settitle 1377"
				Badge Winter2009DefeatLordWinter
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Miraculous"
				Command "settitle 701"
				Badge Miraculous
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Toothbreaker"
				Command "settitle 528"
				Badge HuntBadge
			}
			LockedOption
			{
				DisplayName "Toy Collector"
				Command "settitle 522"
				Badge Holiday2005Badge3
			}
			Menu "Annual or Purchased"
			{
				LockedOption
				{
					DisplayName "Cold Front"
					Command "settitle 705"
					Badge ColdFront
				}
				LockedOption
				{
					DisplayName "Festive"
					Command "settitle 1376"
					Badge Winter2009Badge
				}
				LockedOption
				{
					DisplayName "Frostbitten"
					Command "settitle 1056"
					Badge Winter2008Badge
				}
				LockedOption
				{
					DisplayName "Gifted"
					Command "settitle 967"
					Badge Winter2007Badge
				}
				LockedOption
				{
					DisplayName "Holiday Spirit / Scrooge"
					Command "settitle 521"
					Badge Holiday2005Badge2
				}
				LockedOption
				{
					DisplayName "Home for the Holidays"
					Command "settitle 2518"
					Badge Winter2023Badge
				}
				LockedOption
				{
					DisplayName "Longbow Reservist / Jet-Setter"
					Command "settitle 520"
					Badge Holiday2005Badge1
				}
				LockedOption
				{
					DisplayName "License to Chill"
					Command "settitle 2492"
					Badge Winter2021Badge
				}
				LockedOption
				{
					DisplayName "Snowbound"
					Command "settitle 2458"
					Badge Winter2020Badge
				}
			}
		}

Made some other changes to explorations with the Map # of plaques and location badges to lessen scrolling, but not sure if interested

Edited by lemming
badge number gotten

• 4 weeks later

I must be getting blind in my old age, but, where did you guys hide the macro to run thru all of your existing badges and output them to the chat log file?  I've switched computers, and I don't know if I copied over the actual macro txt file.  Thanks! 🙂

AANd I found it, buried in the Parser Help section.  Thanks! 😄

Edited by MistressOhm

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

I am only a month late, but I submitted the pull request on github to add the winter event badge. Pull requests usually get merged within a day or so of submittal, so if all goes as planned the new winter badge should appear on Badger soon.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
52 minutes ago, Zhym said:

Is anyone working on adding the Issue 27 Page 7 badges to this?

Yes, they have all been added (plus quite a number of other typos and other fixes I found) via pull request as of late last night. The site owner just needs to approve/merge the changes and the updates will be live. He's usually good about merging stuff within a day or three of when I submit it, but it might be longer.

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Yes, they have all been added (plus quite a number of other typos and other fixes I found) via pull request as of late last night. The site owner just needs to approve/merge the changes and the updates will be live. He's usually good about merging stuff within a day or three of when I submit it, but it might be longer.

How do we update it? I have that one and badge pop up one installed with the mod tool, but can't figure out how to check on it or update it. Sorry I'm not very tec savvy, it's a miracle I was even able to get the mod tool installed and the game running

Looks like the data was merged and the new badges I spot checked looked good, so Badger is now up-to-date. I also submitted a request to update the URLs to the HC Wiki (Badger was still using an older URL for the HC Wiki links) which was completed, so all the HC Wiki URL links from Badger should be current.

4 hours ago, Mentaxus said:

How do we update it?

I am not sure I follow. This thread is for a badge tracking website named Badger, not a game mod. If you need a walkthrough on how to use Badger, I made a post at this link that walks you through the basics. Badger can automatically track your badges if you upload an appropriate chatlog. I made a post at this link that will guide you through the steps of creating an appropriate log file and uploading it to the Badger site. Be forewarned that the Badger log parser can be a bit ornery, and I made a post at this link that has some troubleshooting ideas if the log parser doesn't quite work the first time around. Otherwise, just ask questions here and hopefully someone can answer it.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 6:02 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

Looks like the data was merged and the new badges I spot checked looked good, so Badger is now up-to-date. I also submitted a request to update the URLs to the HC Wiki (Badger was still using an older URL for the HC Wiki links) which was completed, so all the HC Wiki URL links from Badger should be current.

Yes, I noticed that the new badges got implemented on the site this weekend.  Thanks for your work on this! 👍

• Like 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

• 2 weeks later

So, I finally got around to trying this thing, after being repeatedly badgered (no pun intended) to give it a chance. Trouble is... I am NOT going to enter 1147 badges into it by hand. If I'm going to use it, it'll be with the Log Parser, at least for a start. And that thing just... DOES NOT WORK. At least, not for me. I followed the Help-file, adjusted for the different file-structure of Homecoming versus original CoH, and I HAVE a chat-log with a full list of my badges in it. I've checked it manually. It's ALL THERE. But when I hand it over to the Log Parser, it just goes "Beep boop no new badges detected." There are no options, no toggles, no switches, nothing I CAN do differently, from what I can see... so, I really don't know why it seems to work for everybody else?

1 hour ago, BlakeTheDrake said:

I...adjusted for the different file-structure of Homecoming versus original CoH

I am not sure what you mean by this statement. This badge tracking site has only been available for Homecoming, so there shouldn't be a need to account for any differences from the original CoH.

1 hour ago, BlakeTheDrake said:

But when I hand it over to the Log Parser, it just goes "Beep boop no new badges detected." There are no options, no toggles, no switches, nothing I CAN do differently, from what I can see... so, I really don't know why it seems to work for everybody else?

I'll quote from my previous post a few posts up:

On 2/24/2024 at 7:02 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

Be forewarned that the Badger log parser can be a bit ornery, and I made a post at this link that has some troubleshooting ideas if the log parser doesn't quite work the first time around. Otherwise, just ask questions here and hopefully someone can answer it.

If you have not already done so, I recommend visiting that link and trying the suggestions therein, including reading over the last 6 pages or so of this thread in case I missed any suggestions. Different tips have worked for different folks and perhaps one of these will work for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I am not sure what you mean by this statement. This badge tracking site has only been available for Homecoming, so there shouldn't be a need to account for any differences from the original CoH.

I'll quote from my previous post a few posts up:

If you have not already done so, I recommend visiting that link and trying the suggestions therein, including reading over the last 6 pages or so of this thread in case I missed any suggestions. Different tips have worked for different folks and perhaps one of these will work for you.

I was referring to the help-file that pops up when you try to use the Log Parse. It's clearly outdated - both assumes that your game is installed in the directory 'CoH' rather than 'Homecoming', and that the logs are found in '<CoHDirectory>/<username>/logs' rather than Homecoming/accounts/<username>/logs as is the case today. But as I said, I managed to straighten all that out pretty quickly.

More importantly, that suggestion worked! Very nice, looks like a handy tool indeed. Thing is, there's NOTHING in said help-file that suggests that you need the 'login' message in the log for it to work. Once you KNOW, it's a simple fix, but it really isn't something you'd guess at yourself. Maybe it's time to just... update and improve the help-popup in general?

2 hours ago, BlakeTheDrake said:

It's clearly outdated - both assumes that your game is installed in the directory 'CoH' rather than 'Homecoming', and that the logs are found in '<CoHDirectory>/<username>/logs' rather than Homecoming/accounts/<username>/logs as is the case today.

It says in the help file that:

This assumes your City of Heroes directory is c:\CoH. Change it to match the directory you have installed City of Heroes to

This simply means that it is using the 'CoH' name for the CoH install root as an example. Folks name their CoH install root as lots of stuff other than 'Homecoming' so I don't really see the issue here. It's not clearly outdated. Your point about the log files is valid, as the logs are in different spots depending on the launcher used, so I'll see if I can find the right file to update that bit.

2 hours ago, BlakeTheDrake said:

Thing is, there's NOTHING in said help-file that suggests that you need the 'login' message in the log for it to work.

It states quite clearly in the help file to:

Make sure that you log into your character after enabling chat logging so the logs contain a record of which character to associate the badge with. Simply log out and then back in after enabling log parsing to ensure the log contains your character name.

• Thumbs Up 1