Safeguard/Mayhem Badges

Skele101

I long out levelled the Kings Row safeguard missions (I’m blueside) so getting the Atlas Park and Kings Row safeguard badges is next to impossible unless I. An get lucky and find a team in that range that isn’t running DFB currently. Almost enough to make me want to start over with a new toon.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this issue?

Earn the Villain Disruptor badge, and you’ll unlock a contact who will give you any, and as many, safeguard missions as you want.

Looking into it! Can you choose the location or just do them until you get where you want?

From the Issue 25 patch notes :

Heroes and Vigilantes with the Villain Disruptor badge will get a popup introduction to Agent Hassell; Villains and Rogues with the Hero Slayer badge will get a popup introduction to Lord Schweinzer. You must be at least level 10 to access the contacts.

Agent Hassell and Lord Schweinzer will now let you pick which Safeguard or Mayhem mission you want to run. You can only access missions when you are at their maximum level or higher (so 10+ for Atlas, 15+ for Kings Row, 45+ for Founders' Falls) and they will set you and your team to that maximum level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later

He is in Steel Canyon, a few hundred yards out and to the left from the IP tunnel and/or about two blocks away diagonally NW from Positron. He's in a parking lot beside a police van.

• Thanks 2

Is there an easy/efficient way to get Villain Disruptor? I don't really want to have to do 75 radio missions and 25 bank jobs just to get access to this NPC. Also, where does the badge show up in badges? I know for certain that I've taken down villains from the rogue's gallery (Frostfire specifically, but I'm fairly certain others as well), but I don't see anything that looks like it might be it in my Closest to Completion, Defeats, Accomplishments, or Achievements.

45 minutes ago, Generator said:

When you've got this badge/contact unlocked, do you still have to do newspapers/scanners to get Mayhem/Safeguard missions, or will the contact just let you run these until your eyes bleed from the monotony of it?

Nope, no more newspaper/scanner missions. Just talk to him and he'll offer all available safeguard/mayhems at or below your level. You can run them back to back as much as you want. I can complete them in about 2.5 minutes so I sometimes run several consecutively while I have a day job bonus still active.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jacobpaige said:

Is there an easy/efficient way to get Villain Disruptor? I don't really want to have to do 75 radio missions and 25 bank jobs just to get access to this NPC. Also, where does the badge show up in badges? I know for certain that I've taken down villains from the rogue's gallery (Frostfire specifically, but I'm fairly certain others as well), but I don't see anything that looks like it might be it in my Closest to Completion, Defeats, Accomplishments, or Achievements.

The way I did it on one character was to repeat the third mission of Part 1 of the "Who Will Die" signature story arc, which starts with Theoden in Skyway City. That mission has you fighting Echidna at the end, who counts toward the badge. In that mission you essentially kill a Lost boss and two minions, then Echidna and two CoT minions spawn. Kill Echidna but NOT the two minions with her, leave the mission, and reset and repeat. It took me about 3 hours to get the 20 or so kills I needed to get the badge.

EDIT: The below paragraph only applies to the 'Hero Slayer' badge for mayhem missions

Another supposedly far easier/faster method is to run the third mission of Part 4 of the "Who Will Die" signature story arc, which I think starts with Dakota Berg in Brickstown. The advice that I saw, which comes from this thread, says to set to mission difficulty to -1x8 and there will be enough villains in there to get the badge. Another poster in that thread said that setting it to -1x2 is more than plenty, but I have never gone this route so I don't know for sure. The next time I go for this badge I am going to try this method, although that thread mentions that this should be done at level 50 so I don't know how easy this part would be before level 50, and it may not be available at all before level 30 due to the level requirement of that part of the signature story arc. The other method I mentioned, I did in the late 20's I think.

That badge should appear in the defeats section, but I am not 100% certain.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
additions/clarifications
  • Thanks 1

I also did Who Will Die part 4, but at 0x1. I didn't find any progress on the badge in the defeats section, so I wasn't sure if it was doing anything. After that, I went and killed Frostfire, and still nothing. I just don't know if the methods work because I'm not seeing anything in my Badges. Starting to wonder if I need to file a bug report or something.

Edit: I figured out the problem. You need to do at least one bank job before the badge will start counting. I'll check tomorrow if Who Will Die p4 will count this time or not.

Edited by jacobpaige

7 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Another supposedly far easier/faster method is to run the third mission of Part 4 of the "Who Will Die" signature story arc, which I think starts with Dakota Berg in Brickstown. The advice that I saw, which comes from this thread, says to set to mission difficulty to -1x8 and there will be enough villains in there to get the badge. Another poster in that thread said that setting it to -1x2 is more than plenty, but I have never gone this route so I don't know for sure. The next time I go for this badge I am going to try this method, although that thread mentions that this should be done at level 50 so I don't know how easy this part would be before level 50, and it may not be available at all before level 30 due to the level requirement of that part of the signature story arc. The other method I mentioned, I did in the late 20's I think.

5 hours ago, jacobpaige said:

I also did Who Will Die part 4, but at 0x1. I didn't find any progress on the badge in the defeats section, so I wasn't sure if it was doing anything. After that, I went and killed Frostfire, and still nothing. I just don't know if the methods work because I'm not seeing anything in my Badges. Starting to wonder if I need to file a bug report or something.

Edit: I figured out the problem. You need to do at least one bank job before the badge will start counting. I'll check tomorrow if Who Will Die p4 will count this time or not.

Who Will Die part 4 heroside gives progress towards Hero Slayer, not Villain Disruptor. It's good for unlocking the contact to flashback Mayhems, but not Safeguards.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

There are a couple of ways to do it that I know of, aside from the radio/safeguard cycle. The way I did it on one character was to repeat the third mission of Part 1 of the "Who Will Die" signature story arc, which starts with Theoden in Skyway City. That mission has you fighting Echidna at the end, who counts toward the badge. In that mission you essentially kill a Lost boss and two minions, then Echidna and two CoT minions spawn. Kill Echidna but NOT the two minions with her, leave the mission, and reset and repeat. It took me about 3 hours to get the 20 or so kills I needed to get the badge.

If you're 50 and doing this (hero side) via Ouro fb how do you reset a mission?  Wouldn't you have to quit tf and repeat those first 3 missions again, haven't tried it but I don't think you can reset Ouro missions.  Looks like this is the only way to get Villain Disruptor once you are 50 on hero side?  Thanks

9 hours ago, Vanden said:

Who Will Die part 4 heroside gives progress towards Hero Slayer, not Villain Disruptor. It's good for unlocking the contact to flashback Mayhems, but not Safeguards.

Apologies, I thought Hero Slayer/Villain Disruptor were two sides of the same badge, but I was mistaken. I'll edit my post momentarily.

3 hours ago, Chills said:

If you're 50 and doing this (hero side) via Ouro fb how do you reset a mission?  Wouldn't you have to quit tf and repeat those first 3 missions again, haven't tried it but I don't think you can reset Ouro missions.  Looks like this is the only way to get Villain Disruptor once you are 50 on hero side?  Thanks

I've never gone through Ouro to do this part of the SSA. I just go talk to Theoden and he exemplars my 50 down to 20 and off I go. Same with my 30ish character when she did it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chills said:

You can log out for a few minutes and the mission will reset.

You can also get progress towards Villain Disruptor by doing Mender Silos's arc; the final mission has six Arachnos AVs in it, as well as the Jade Spider which gives the Itsy Bitsy badge.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Vanden said:

Yes, just found this out the hard way when I got Bloody Hands 😞

I guess I'll be grinding Echinda since I'm not high enough level yet for MLTF or Mendor Silos 😞

On 7/26/2019 at 4:04 AM, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Presumably a couple STF (or MLTF if you must) runs would do it for villain disruptor. There are like 15 villain AVs in it. I got the hero slayer from LRSF runs before I even knew about the perk.

I don't think Arachnos villains count. My scrapper sits at "Defeat Generic or Signature villains in Safeguard missions: 5/25" while also holding the "Saved The World" badge, and there are more than five Arachnos AVs in the STF. I'm pretty sure all of my badge progress here actually came from leveling via tip missions.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:50 PM, Eva Destruction said:

You can log out for a few minutes and the mission will reset.

You can also get progress towards Villain Disruptor by doing Mender Silos's arc; the final mission has six Arachnos AVs in it, as well as the Jade Spider which gives the Itsy Bitsy badge.

If I'm right about Arachnos, this sadly won't work either. Bad Mr. Gary's suggestion sounds promising though.

But yeah, logging out will reset missions, even if you just logout to character selection and then log right back in.

32 minutes ago, Hopeling said:

If I'm right about Arachnos, this sadly won't work either. Bad Mr. Gary's suggestion sounds promising though.

The Arachnos AVs in the STF might not count, but the ones in Silos's arc definitely do.  I checked my progress before and after to make sure.

Edited by Eva Destruction
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 12:13 AM, Vanden said:

No kidding?  Rogues of the world, get cracking!  Thanks for that piece of news.

• 2 weeks later

All was going well working on Villain Disruptor (went from 9 -22!)  Suddenly it's stopped resetting after logging out, I've logged completely out too. Before it was resetting within a minute or so, it's like they changed something because of exploits?  I mean there has been some maintenance today..

Were you killing Echidna in Who Will Die, part 1? When I did that arc, I had a similar experience. For a while, logging to character select and back in was enough to reset the mission, but at one point it stopped working, and after trying various means of logging, I ended up just playing another character for about 15 minutes and it went back to normal.