Accolade Guide: 4 Passive Bonuses

nojiyo

Hey there, so today we’ll be getting you the 4 passive accolade bonuses. This includes Portal Jockey/Born In Battle, Atlas Medallion/Marshal, Task Force Commander/Invader, and Freedom Phalanx Reserve/High Pain Threshold. You only need to be level 50, no other prerequisites. There are a few ways to get some faster if you have certain missions/contact, but this will be a fully self sufficient guide to getting all 4 passive accolades all on your own. Why would you want these accolades? They give you passive buffs to HP and END all the time. Crucial for PvP and always useful for PvE. You can get all of these in a few hours by yourself so let’s get right into it!

PORTAL JOCKEY / BORN IN BATTLE +Max HP +Max End

Get this one on Heroes

Dimensional Warder: First head to Ouroboros. We’ll need a few different flashback arcs.

1. A Hero’s Epic (Completing this gets you all AVs except Siege and Antimatter)
  2. A Hero’s Hero (Do the 3rd mission for Siege)
  3. Instant Army (Complete this arc for Antimatter and merits)

Shrouded: Do Black Shroud Dimension Arc in Ouroboros. You just need to enter and exit the mission and you’ll get the exploration badge.
Multidimensional: Do Hydra Dimension Arc in Ouroboros. You just need to enter and exit the mission and you’ll get the exploration badge.
History Badge: Get VidiotMaps.

ATLAS MEDALLION / MARSHAL +Max End

Get this one on Heroes

Spelunker: Get Rescue the Mystic from the Circle of Thorns Arc in Ouroboros. Just need to complete the first mission and you’ll get the badge.
The Silver Bullet (Warwolves): Hunt in Striga Isle.
The Slayer (Vampyres): Do Moonfire Taskforce. First mission set to -1x8. Repeat until you get badge.
Explorations: Get VidiotMaps, seriously.

TASK FORCE COMMANDER / INVADER +Max HP

Only Exploration badges on villainside. You will need the Hero Slayer Badge. This gives a contact who gives all the mayhem missions on command. He is in Port Oakes. You need to kill 25 heroes to get the badge. You can do this by doing the LRSF, hunting heroes in Recluse’s Victory. Or the fastest way:
Go to Heroside to Brickstown, do the signature story arc, on the 3rd mission set it to -1x8. You’ll get the badge after completing this mission once.
Go to P2W Vendor and get the Reveal Power also get VidiotMaps if you haven’t already.
Now switch to villainside. Go to Port Oakes and talk to your new contact. Get each mayhem mission, use Reveal, and get the exploration badges. Easy.

FREEDOM PHALANX RESERVE / HIGH PAIN THRESHOLD +Max HP

Get this one on Heroes

Tank Buster (Freakshow Tanks): Hunt in Crey’s Folly or Terra Volta.
Gearsmasher (Clockwork Gears): Hunt in Echo: Faultline.
Unveiler (Fake Nemesis): Do Steel Canyon Signature Story Arc. Set to -1x8. Hunt Fake Nemesis in first mission. Repeat until you get the badge.
History and Explorations: Hopefully you have VidiotMaps by now.

Congratulations. If you’ve made it this far, you now have all 4 passive +HP and +END accolade bonuses. You are now able to properly compete in PvP and not use “No accolades” as an excuse. Thanks for reading, see you guys in game!

Edited by GM Capocollo
fixing formatting
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 11
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

twitch.tv/nojiyo36

Go to Heroside to Brickstown, do the signature story arc, on the 3rd mission set it to -1x8. You’ll get the badge after completing this mission once.

Just to note, if you do this part on hero side, you will get the Bloody Hands Badge and be good to go. So don't be confused if you don't see Hero Slayer pop up in that mission.

I've been working on the Fake Nemesis one as that's all I need.  I remembered there was a Sig Arc, but didn't realize it was that guy in SC. 

Thanks!

~Everlasting~

The Emperor of Mankind - Titan Weapon/Willpower Brute

Sigismund - Illusion/Radiation Controller

Well doing Invader this way is infinitely easier than doing Synapse/Citadel/Numina on Hero side, wow. I literally just got done doing the accolades the other day on my main tanker.

That said, one small thing that'll help:

The Silver Bullet (Warwolves): Hunt in Striga Isle.

The Slayer (Vampyres): Do Moonfire Taskforce. First mission set to -1x8. Repeat until you get badge.

Actually in Striga Isle if you wait around until dark, the Warwolf mobs become Vampyre mobs. You can still do both very easily in Striga and especially if you grab a friend who also needs the accolade, it'll take you about 20 minutes to do both. Just did this the other day.

• Like 1

Unveiler (Fake Nemesis): Do Steel Canyon Signature Story Arc. Set to -1x8. Hunt Fake Nemesis in first mission. Repeat until you get the badge.

Another good options is the Nemesis War arc in Ouroborus. If you set it to -1x8 you get about 25 fake nemesis per run.

• Like 1

Defender Smash!

Great write up! The Sig arc trick for Invader is worth a +1 just on its own.

i find Phalanx/High Pain is now easier as a Villain - they changed the 200 marcone boss hunt to 200 minions/lieutenants so that badge can be gotten in 5 minutes in Marconeville part of port oakes. While there also kill any arachnos you see for a start on the 200 wolf spider badge. Once your marcones are done run to the fort to the northeast and finish your spiders. Then you just have a quick ouro arc, some plaque/explores (paragon wiki will tell you which) and 200k debt (easy for a 50. if you don't already have it from being a lunatic attacking some arachnoids near the hospital in Grandville with all your defense powers off will get you there quick.)

• Like 1

Great write up! The Sig arc trick for Invader is worth a +1 just on its own.

i find Phalanx/High Pain is now easier as a Villain - they changed the 200 marcone boss hunt to 200 minions/lieutenants so that badge can be gotten in 5 minutes in Marconeville part of port oakes. While there also kill any arachnos you see for a start on the 200 wolf spider badge. Once your marcones are done run to the fort to the northeast and finish your spiders. Then you just have a quick ouro arc, some plaque/explores (paragon wiki will tell you which) and 200k debt (easy for a 50. if you don't already have it from being a lunatic attacking some arachnoids near the hospital in Grandville with all your defense powers off will get you there quick.)

Yeah I find that outside of Atlas Medallion/Marshal, the rest are mostly easier on Redside.  The only iffy one is Portal Jockey/Born in Battle.  You have to choose between taking down all of those AVs or finding a group to kill Ghost of Scrapyard when he spawns.

Nice guide.

Now for invader does the contact allow you to choose any mayhem mission? As i remember it from live long ago you had to have a toon of the appropriate lvl start the mission because they were all lvl locked i.e. if you wanted the Atlas mission you needed a lvl 5 character to start it because the contact only offered missions in your actual lvl range.

Has this been changed to the contact offering all the missions no matter what lvl the character talking to him is?

Certainly will be going that route if so on alts after doing TF commander 2 times already on my first 2 lvl 50s....

I actually found doing the Moonfire TF on a team of 8 was just about as fast as hunting those stupid warwolves outdoors, because they run all over, and it got both the WW and the Vampire badges (well, I think I was 2 short on the Vamp one) plus merits.  No unlock, unlike Hess. 

Interesting about the contact to get all the Mayhem missions, I had no idea there was a way to do that other than carefully level a character villianside, making sure not to get on a great team for too long and blow past a 5 level range. . .

Nice guide.

Now for invader does the contact allow you to choose any mayhem mission? As i remember it from live long ago you had to have a toon of the appropriate lvl start the mission because they were all lvl locked i.e. if you wanted the Atlas mission you needed a lvl 5 character to start it because the contact only offered missions in your actual lvl range.

Has this been changed to the contact offering all the missions no matter what lvl the character talking to him is?

Certainly will be going that route if so on alts after doing TF commander 2 times already on my first 2 lvl 50s....

You can pick any mission from the contact.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Nice guide.

You can pick any mission from the contact.

After he starts offering you a set mayhem mission rather than the list to choose from select the what else is going on option rather than the offered mission, and it takes you back to the full list, I didnt realize this at first and was just taking the offered missions randomly rather than being able to just pick each mission and not repeat any.

This is my first time playing CoH and I have few problems/questions:

PORTAL JOCKEY / BORN IN BATTLE

1. I went to Ouroboros and clicked on one of the portals but there is no mission named "A Hero’s Epic" or "A Hero’s Hero."

2. What do you mean by "History Badge: Get VidiotMaps." What history badge?

ATLAS MEDALLION / MARSHAL

3. What do you mean by "Explorations: Get VidiotMaps." Which exploration badge do you mean?

TASK FORCE COMMANDER / INVADER

4. What are mayhem missions?

FREEDOM PHALANX RESERVE / HIGH PAIN THRESHOLD

5. "History and Explorations" Which badges do you mean?

This is my first time playing CoH and I have few problems/questions:

I think I got your questions answered - used a lot of hyperlinks to Paragon Wiki which has more detail than what was in the original post.  The OP was more of a "tips and tricks" to getting these badges than a FAQ or walkthru

PORTAL JOCKEY / BORN IN BATTLE

1. I went to Ouroboros and clicked on one of the portals but there is no mission named "A Hero’s Epic" or "A Hero’s Hero."

You have to be level 46-50 to find and run these missions...Here's the Flashback guide

2. What do you mean by "History Badge: Get VidiotMaps." What history badge?

If you haven't already, you'll want to download and install Vidiotmaps for i25 since it will make finding things on the CoH Maps 100X easier (I'm exaggerating of course, it's like 82.37X easier).

Specifically for this Accolade Badge, you need to get the Scholastic Badge

ATLAS MEDALLION / MARSHAL

3. What do you mean by "Explorations: Get VidiotMaps." Which exploration badge do you mean?

There are 2 badges really, first the Atlas Park Exploration Badge, Top Dog Badge and a History Badge, Pupil Badge

TASK FORCE COMMANDER / INVADER

4. What are mayhem missions?

Note:  For this Badge, the OP went the Villain route for the Invader Badge

Mayhem missions are earned after doing several newspaper missions on the redside.  There is a progress bar based on how many newspaper missions you've completed in each zone.  Once it's full, the next mission from that broker will be the Mayhem Mission

[aside] I love TF's, so I just usually get the TF Commander Badge, by doing the TF's from Positron (2 of them), Synapse, Penelope Yin, Citadel, Manticore, and Numina.  Then you don't have to worry about the invader badge

FREEDOM PHALANX RESERVE / HIGH PAIN THRESHOLD

5. "History and Explorations" Which badges do you mean?

If you click the link above for Freedom Phalanx Reserve, you'll get the list of Exploration Badges you need and the one History Badge.

I hope this helped...As you can see Paragon Wiki is a very valuable resource.  Big Disclaimer Paragon Wiki doesn't allow updates beyond the shutdown of the original game in 2012.  The Homecoming Team has many several changes, but Paragon Wiki is still accurate 95% of the time.

• Like 3

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

My 2 inf:

The Brickstown SSA arc only needs to be set for 2 players, 8 is waaay overkill.  I set for 2 and get Hero Slayer (or equivalent) every time.

For the life of me, I don't get why people pursue Freedom Phalanx instead of High Pain Threshold.  I achieve HPT in significantly less time than it takes others to just get Unveiler.  What people may not realize is that Gangbuster no longer requires Marcone bosses, any and all Marcone count.  I do a loop around PO for Wolf Spiders and Marcones and I'm done with both in, I dunno 15 minutes.  Then it's 2 explores, then do "The Unlucky Artifact" mission in Oro which takes literally 1.5 minutes from the instant you take the mission to the completion.  If I don't have 200k debt paid, I just go into oro, take a lowbie arc and die in St. Marts repeatedly until I get that number.  There are mobs right outside the hosp so this is quick too.

If you've already done LRSF, Marshall is easier than Atlas Medallion.  If you haven't done (or plan to do)LRSF, or are pursuing this acco as a lowbie, then yes, Atlas Medallion is the way to go.

To the question about what Lord Schweinzer will offer (PO Mayhem guy) he offers missions you're eligible for.  A 35 won't be able to run the PI or Founders mayhem, though of course that 35 could join a 45-50 for the explores, but they won't get the temp powers for completion.

As i remember it from live long ago you had to have a toon of the appropriate lvl start the mission because they were all lvl locked i.e. if you wanted the Atlas mission you needed a lvl 5 character to start it because the contact only offered missions in your actual lvl range.

With the Flashback system in Ourobouros you can do missions you outleveled or didn't even have the contact for.

Also very useful for Portal Jockey since it used to be easy to outlevel Tina McIntire.

I needed Antimatter on my warshade so I rant the arc in Ourobouros, set if to x8-1/no AVs for speed and was able to get to Antimatter in the last mission in a little over 39 minutes (I stealthed everything I could).

For the Multidimmentional badge, I had to stay in the mission for a bit before I got the badge. I was worried I needed to complete the mission and started clearing spawns and got the badge maybe 5 spawns in.

Good tip on the fake Nemesis. I joined a Fake Nem farm in SC yesterday and got my badge in no time, plus it was fun teesring through mobs and ambushes (my warshade is a high body count high speed kinda heroin).

• 2 weeks later

Ok even better for wolf spiders is the factory looking area in the northeast of Cap near two explore badges and one of the plaques.

But lately I've gotten tired of hunting grey cons and have tried to find missions to farm things instead - might as well get exp while killing things. So I've found for wolf spiders the second mission of the radio's arc is great. If you get it at level you can run it at your base difficulty then reset and turn up the team size after you've leveled til you get your 200. If you go through ouro the first mission is just a boss kill and you can log out to reset the spider mish til you get enough. Then at some point in the 20s switch to blue and run the Peebles arc. You should get your marcones and have the +resist ring as a bonus. For demons you can run Smoke and Mirrors on blue over and over til you get them - took me about 3 runs x8 just killing the frost demons and completing the objectives. But that arc's already great merit/minute so running it more with lower spawns would be no issue. It opens at 25 if you talk to Twilight Son next to the ouro mish crystal or it's in the 30 or 35 flashback section. I've been heading for it right after running the patron arc and it gets me good exp on the way to Tina at 40. (I get atlas and portal jockey on blue, high pain, invader and demonic on red.)

Yesterday I timed how long it took to go from 0-badge for Wolf Spiders and Marcs in PO, a shade under 1/2 hour, which included some afk breaks.  Got all of HPT 15ish minutes later.  It truly boggles my mind that people still predominately pursue Freedom Phalanx.

• Like 2