New Costume Pieces Request

drgantz

We have bird wings, heads, and monstrous legs but we don't have…

1. Feathered tail options. Hawk, swallow, etc. I never quite understood why this got overlooked on Live. Have someone who really knows birds figure out the idle, flight, jump animations. I always liked how bird/bat/dragon wings had the "landing" part of the animation cycle (couple of quick extra flaps before folding the wings), or the wing position when falling, etc., it showed some care and detail. I assume similar detail could go into a bird tail animations
  2. Feather-look body/pant textures for feathery bodies. I am pretty sure these are available on some of the Talons mobs. Either that, or they are "scales" that could double as feather-ish at least. Again, mammals got fur and lizards got scales body textures but the avians got left out.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CFIndustries said:

We have bird wings, heads, and monstrous legs but we don't have…

1. Feathered tail options. Hawk, swallow, etc. I never quite understood why this got overlooked on Live. Have someone who really knows birds figure out the idle, flight, jump animations. I always liked how bird/bat/dragon wings had the "landing" part of the animation cycle (couple of quick extra flaps before folding the wings), or the wing position when falling, etc., it showed some care and detail. I assume similar detail could go into a bird tail animations
  2. Feather-look body/pant textures for feathery bodies. I am pretty sure these are available on some of the Talons mobs. Either that, or they are "scales" that could double as feather-ish at least. Again, mammals got fur and lizards got scales body textures but the avians got left out.

This so far has been the best I can come up with for a feather look.  I want a rooster tail and feathers 🙂

1002515269_Devilrooster1.thumb.png.bb67f97a03d6a49dc09560d351c5d25e.png1810547120_Devilrooster3.thumb.png.f0727fa562d525344f33300c4c42e7da.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

This so far has been the best I can come up with for a feather look.  I want a rooster tail and feathers 🙂

Yeah I've done similar things, even used that same armor texture. But  where I can make a clothes-less antro-tiger, all the anthro-birds apparently have modesty issues?

Or they have to be chimeric and use fur instead.

BTW, nice rooster look!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

I mentioned this in the suggestions the other day, but it probably belongs here more than there.

Can we please have auras that have the animations run in reverse so it appears that whatever effect the particular aura does is absorbing into instead of emitting from the character.

This could actually work for a concept I expressed a few years back, that cold powers might be more about rapidly absorbing heat from a source target, than projecting cold to that target.  If it were to ever come about, my ice/fire blaster would certainly use it to "absorb" heat, creating the cold effects and discharge the pent-up heat, creating fire effects.

• Like 2

I'd very much like it if we could pair monstrous legs with just about any kind of legwear *other* than tight-fitting pants or bare fur/scales. Skirts and kilts are what first comes to mind.

And while we're at it, the option to add patterns over monstrous feet. Anklets, stirrups, bandages, tattoos, the works.

• Thumbs Up 1

@captainstar we esssentially have the Van Helsing costume in the form of the Cybertech jacket, (or whatever it's called), and the steampunk or gunslinger vest.  I'm not sure if you can combine the 2, though.  With regard to the whips - they're an oft-requested stand-alone set...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

It sure would be nice to get a special costume focused patch update. I agree with others above as well as having a few of my own:

- Every costume piece can have a pattern

- Equal costume parts for both genders (ex: small padded gloves, among too many others)

- New hair styles for both male/female, also hair effects (inner glow, fire, glitter etc) with intensity slider

- New auras for travel powers

- Weapons: auras, placement options (hip/leg) and stance emotes in and out of combat

- More traveling mounts (big pets, broom, spaceship), ability to customize current flying devices colors/patterns

- Allow us to change the size of our wings, also dragonfly wings would be cool

- Be able to customize pet toggles (name, colors, pattern), Create pet pvp to level them (thought of this as I was typing! lol), Pet emotes (sit, lay down, on guard)

- Better helmets/crowns/masks, material options (leather, metallic, matte etc)

- Be able to have multiple hair choices under caps/hats

- Sister Psyche's roman robe from ITF and Numina's robe both color/pattern customizable for both genders 😍

ok I'll leave it there 😅 thanks guys cant wait!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, cohoriginal said:

- Equal costume parts for both genders (ex: small padded gloves, among too many others)

Yes please.

1 hour ago, cohoriginal said:

- Be able to have multiple hair choices under caps/hats

I've wanted this forever. Hard to do a hat-wearing skull (that requires no hair) 😢

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I'd like to see asymmetric tattoos for the Yakuza chest pieces, i.e., have a tattoo on just one upper arm (with or without the back tattoo).

On a related note but probably much more difficult, I'd like to see Yakuza tattoo options for "gloves."  If they don't already exist, that is - I didn't do a very thorough search.

• Like 1

One thing I've been wanting for ages is an always-deployed version of the tech wings, or a version that deploys when you turn on jumping powers. Always-on is probably easier, and it's not like I plan to turn combat jumping off very often anyway, so that's probably the best way to handle it.

Also, some kind of breechcloth-thing like what a lot of the Cimeroran female heroes wear (preferably for any gender). I'm sure it'd cause all kinds of clipping issues, but as an optional costume part, people can decide whether they can live with that on a case-by-case basic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later