Patch Notes for November 1st, 2019

The Curator

• Developer

User Interface

• A fresh install now defaults to borderless windowed mode on the primary monitor, for maximum compatibility with monitors that don't support such tiny (and petty) resolutions as 800x600 or 1024x768.
  • Pressing Alt+Enter to switch to fullscreen mode now always switches to the desktop resolution. Non-native fullscreen resolutions can still be selected from the options menu.
  • Pressing Alt+Enter to switch out of fullscreen back to windowed mode no longer results in a huge window that is partially offscreen.
  • Running the game with -safemode to reset the graphics options now resets them to windowed mode, rather than 800x600 fullscreen which is not very safe.
  • When in borderless windowed mode, the game will drop topmost status on loading screens and when waiting for network connections, to ensure that it's possible to Alt+Tab out to other windows while the client is otherwise busy.

Misc

• The Halloween Event has ended. Fall has come to Atlas Park.
    • If you have leftover Halloween Salvage, you can still trade it in at the Halloween vendors (Annah in Croatoa, Granny Beldam in Nerva, Acantha in Imperial City). 

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug with the 3D resolution option sometimes showing incorrect values in the options menu when in borderless windowed mode.
  • Closing the options window on the login screen will no longer result in various options being reset on the first character you log into.
  • (Maybe) fixed the issue with the D-Pad on PS4 controllers.
Edited by The Curator
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Downloading now . . . with anxiety.  The last two times "fixes" were put in for the GUI, I had some unexpected bugs screw with me.  Of course, you folks solved those problems for the most part each time, so I suppose I should relax.

Downloading...?  Is there something to download?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

1 hour ago, Theronos said:

Thank you very, very much.  I have never seen a faster and more thorough response to a problem or question that I have reported (and others as well, I'm sure) from any game, let alone one that is supported through volunteer efforts only.

AMEN, this team is awesome!

2 minutes ago, Gulver said:

Is the Halloween trial still in the LFG window?  Or is the Summer Blockbuster going to be the only exception to holiday trials running past their seasonal event?

That's a good question!  I've been wondering about this myself all month.

Is anyone else running on a Mac and having the game hang at "Parsing File List?" It launched OK once today, but now mine hangs.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Mine resolved after several tries, Szgany, how did yours do?

Perhaps the servers were a bit bogged by everyone getting the patches?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

2 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Yup.

The changes to the GUI.

But looks like everything is working from initial play, so . . . yay!

How do I download?  Just load the game?  Or do I have to "click here to download?"

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Running Tequila will automatically download all relevant patches through the manifest.  Just run Tequila, and it does the rest on its own.

(Future-proofing this post:  The Devs are hoping to replace Tequila some day.  No idea what the new launcher will be named when it finally comes out, but it /should/ work the same:  Automatically.)

3 hours ago, The Curator said:

Fall has come to Atlas Park.

And at least parts of Steel Canyon. I didn't check any other hero zones. I did check Mercy, PO, Cap, Shark, & St.M and none of them had so much as a single turning leaf.

I get that this would be a labor-intensive change. (I'm assuming the windows weren't because there are global "lighted vs unlighted" window objects that respond to the sky setting?) Is there any way to outsource purely-cosmetic zone editing to a larger group of volunteers? With only a couple of map editors, I get why you'd concentrate your efforts in the areas that 80% of the players use. And Eris forfend that I complain about free stuff. I've just always wanted four seasonal variation maps for all of the outdoor maps ever since I first started, back around issue 4. Is the answer still "too labor-intensive to maintain"?

• Retired Game Master
4 hours ago, The Curator said:

When in borderless windowed mode, the game will drop topmost status on loading screens and when waiting for network connections, to ensure that it's possible to Alt+Tab out to other windows while the client is otherwise busy.

THAAAAAANNNNK YOOOOOUUU.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:07 AM, Display Name said:

How do I download?  Just load the game?  Or do I have to "click here to download?"

Just start Tequila (or Island Rum if you lean that way) and it will patch the game for you, when it's done hit play and you are away

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!