Future Tank Farmers of Paragon City

Crysis

Who says they won't still be after the tank changes?  Methinks thou dost protest too much.  Or someone else does.  I think that when the dust settles, we'll probably see no significant difference.

• Like 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

46 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Who says they won't still be after the tank changes?  Methinks thou dost protest too much.  Or someone else does.  I think that when the dust settles, we'll probably see no significant difference.

I'm not seeing enough difference to say that it will remove the brutes as king of the hill honestly, if anything we have other options now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I'm not seeing enough difference to say that it will remove the brutes as king of the hill honestly, if anything we have other options now.

The thing I could see is less reliance on building for survivability which could allow for more enhancement slots to plug procs in that brutes might not have. Combined with max target caps, tanks should be close to brutes. Like you said, it will being more options.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Bopper said:

The thing I could see is less reliance on building for survivability which could allow for more enhancement slots to plug procs in that brutes might not have. Combined with max target caps, tanks should be close to brutes. Like you said, it will being more options.

I'm wondering what a fire fire pyre tank could do myself.

Just now, Infinitum said:

Build it on test and see how well you farm. Sadly last I tried to do the comic con farm on test, it didn't work (copyright issues). It'd be nice if that could open back up,  even if they use generic costumes.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

15 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Build it on test and see how well you farm. Sadly last I tried to do the comic con farm on test, it didn't work (copyright issues). It'd be nice if that could open back up,  even if they use generic costumes.

I have one on live that's not nearly as good as my rad fire brute.  I'm kinda just waiting around for the changes to hit live to see how much better it is.

• Like 1

I have a fire/spines tank as my farmer now.  She may not be as fast as some brutes but with incarnate (judgement) she is good enough for me.  I hope the changes coming to live won't require me to respec her because I finally got her how I like! 

I am looking forward to the changes going live for my tank in the wings, not a farmer, but I just find tanks slow to solo for a while so I hope that will improve.

EDIT:  Just ran the Hall 3 of 5 on Bloody Rainbow and it took me 10 minutes to clear.....honestly not sure if that's good or bad, only my own experience and farming beside friends (where we usually chat so time isn't measured) to go by.  {This means that theoretically in one hour I could run the entire arc and have 10 min. left over for selling/buying on AH or base stocking.}

Edited by EmmySky

On 11/8/2019 at 6:22 AM, EmmySky said:

Just ran the Hall 3 of 5 on Bloody Rainbow and it took me 10 minutes to clear.....honestly not sure if that's good or bad,

For a tank that sounds ok. On a Brute it is normally less than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, Crysis said:

So with all the tank changes coming real soon now, I’ve gotta ask you theory crafters a question.

Whats the new FOTM Tank Farmer going to be now that Spine/FA and Rad/FA aren’t king of the AE hill any more?

Do the changes either remove the full benefit of Fury or buff tankers to realize the same damage benefits of a constant near full Fury bar? I don’t see enough on paper changes to close the damage gap enough that tankers will become better inf/min farmers than top brute builds

Edited by mcdoogss

54 minutes ago, mcdoogss said:

Do the changes either remove the full benefit of Fury or buff tankers to realize the same damage benefits of a constant near full Fury bar? I don’t see enough on paper changes to close the damage gap enough that tankers will become better inf/min farmers than top brute builds

I don’t know that the tanker damage buff will be all that good or not.  Have to wait and see what’s final.

But the Fury bar on my brutes, even my AE farming brutes, seldom stays at max.  It’s even harder at high level PVE since stuff is dying or locked down and I’m not taking as much incoming fire.  When teamed with a tank, even worse.  

1 hour ago, mcdoogss said:

If You factor in the increased damage and cap with the increased aoe/cones and the decrease in the brute damage cap, tanks close the damage cap nicely and become the aoe kings while brutes will be more the single target kings.

I havent noticed a real detriment to my brutes on test but you can feel the tanks moving a bit faster through mobs.

I havent tried a tank farm build yet, and probably wont unless my fire tank just happens to be good at it out of the box.

On 11/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, Infinitum said:

I have a fire fire tank and I finish a comic con fire farm in 5 mins prob faster than the regular brute without the tank update. Hitting 16 targets at once is going to put my char on the map 

On 11/10/2019 at 12:37 PM, Infinitum said:

If You factor in the increased damage and cap with the increased aoe/cones and the decrease in the brute damage cap, tanks close the damage cap nicely and become the aoe kings while brutes will be more the single target kings.

I havent noticed a real detriment to my brutes on test but you can feel the tanks moving a bit faster through mobs.

I havent tried a tank farm build yet, and probably wont unless my fire tank just happens to be good at it out of the box.

I highly suggest making one . I farm comic con fire map in less than 5 mins 

They will likely look like this

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(7)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(11)
Level 2: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(13), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(15), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(17), Prv-Absorb%(19)
Level 6: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 10: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(21), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(21), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(23), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(23), MckBrt-Rchg(25)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(25), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(27), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(27), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(29), MckBrt-Rchg(29)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 18: Burn -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 20: Boxing -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(48), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Hct-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(37)
Level 30: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(40)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(42), Obl-%Dam(42)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(43), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45)
Level 44: Mu Lightning -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Fusion -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 49: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

Edited by HelenCarnate
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, juicyheroes said:

I highly suggest making one . I farm comic con fire map in less than 5 mins 

I already have one for normal content, remade him from live and got to 50 months ago.

I regularly do it in around 3 or 4 with my brute.  If my tank can do it also - even better. lol

2 hours ago, krj12 said:

Just curious why fire melee would be considered best on a tank, when Rad or Spines is currently considered best on a Brute farmer?

Rad and Spines mostly rely on 1 aoe attack and 1 toggle.  They chain that 1 attack with burn, ball lightning and electric fence.  With fire it has 2 AoEs and people seem to think that would be better.  If you are looking at high recharge builds they are wrong.  You get to perma hasten levels and you can chain 4 attacks so you would pick the highest DPA powers out of those 5 options.  That means combustion turns into a set mule and you use Fire Circle Sword.  However, the higher DPA of Fire Circle Sword does not make up for the loss of a damage toggle.  Footstomp has higher DPA than FCS and with the rage changes you can have no crash if you pay attention which puts /Fire for tanks in 5th place at best behind Spines, Rad, SS, Psy, and Ice.  The last 3 all have AoE attacks on the same timers as FCS and the same radius but higher DPA.  

• Like 1

Helencarnate, Appreciate the Help on Everlasting on Saturday, Bubba Burns has been Respeced, made it to 50, and now has his Alpha unlocked, and the next 2 Incarnate slots in process. I followed your guide as far as Power selection for the most part, except took Pyre Mastery for my Epic, and then slotted him up. Got some decent Enhancement set bonuses without having to sell the farm and am now Soloing the Maria Jenkins Arc @ +1 with the only tough one so far being Nightstar. I'll crank up the difficulty once I get the rest of my sets bought and loaded. Thanks for sending me the link for your Brute Build thread.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

On 11/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, Infinitum said:

While I rarely farm the AE fire farm, when I do, it is with my PVE slotted FFP tank. Solo, she easily rolls through at sub-7 minutes per "room." Also, she doesn't have to continuously chew and renew purple insp, which saves a bit of hassle and time in the lobby.

Speaking of which, what IS considered a "good" time on that?

2 hours ago, VV said:

While I rarely farm the AE fire farm, when I do, it is with my PVE slotted FFP tank. Solo, she easily rolls through at sub-7 minutes per "room." Also, she doesn't have to continuously chew and renew purple insp, which saves a bit of hassle and time in the lobby.

Speaking of which, what IS considered a "good" time on that?

4 to 5 min is decent for brutes currently.