What irl makes you think of CoX?

DougGraves

I never thought I would play CoX again, but as a game in a modern setting I was reminded of it frequently even 6 years after live.  The biggest trigger for me is electric stations.  Seeing the metal towers and power lines I always think there should be clockwork around.

12 minutes ago, TyrantMikey said:

Any time I see a Reddit thread asking "What was the best game you ever played?"

This, or the similar question "Which game that you played had/has the best community?"

I missed CoH even though by sunset I'd pretty much given up even thinking about it. I didn't like Freemium, I didn't like the fact that my income had gone down while costs had gone up so I couldn't afford to pay to play (and consequently most of my characters were locked behind the paywall). Then it went and I was like "f...k" and I missed it a bit watched the various successors, but not with any real expectation as MMOs have moved on since CoH was good. Then the Save CoH FB group posted something about Homecoming and I came back.

@OP: What makes me think of cock? Well since you asked... 😉

2 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

It waits until you get off work?  So you're a casual player?

Well, the moment I give into the desire to play, is the moment after work ends.  But, that doesn't mean that I don't think about it well before then!  Especially since I work at home!

What was no more, is REBORN!

Just about anything I watch that I look at and think 'I could make that as a CoH character'.  Currently working on season 2 of Britannia.  (Highest recommendation BTW).

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

There have been a few rare instances IRL, where I have heard that distinctive hum of a "glowie" in real life, (or at least close enough to it to trigger memories of playing the game).  In that case, my first reaction is to look around for some key item, only to quickly catch myself and feel embarrassed...

Edited by biostem

1 minute ago, DougGraves said:

I don't believe this for a minute.  "one time", right.

The other time she pretended to be mugged by the Skulls. It's a completely different scenario. The only thing in common was the subsequent profound regret for the life choices that we both made.

• Like 1

Any character in anything vaguely action-oriented often leads to the thought "I wonder if I could recreate that character - appearance *and* powerset - in CoH".

(It's rare that that leads to actually making the character.  I have enough ideas of my own.  And even when it does, I don't try to duplicate the appearance or name, though their biography may obliquely refer to the character's origin.  At most, I'll try to duplicate the original costume to use as a basis for my costume, to keep the "feel" of it)

Edited by Williwaw