Paragonwiki and coordinates

Sergio

I think it came about before the Vidiots map overlays, but helps a lot when trying to locate something specific like a hidden badge location or monster.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Also the coordinate System gives you a North/South, an East/West and an Altitude, extremely helpful in determining that say, the badge isn't on top of the hill but in a Cave beneath it, which is not something you get from Vidiotmaps. Takes some practice to get used to it, but very precise.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

On 11/13/2019 at 6:41 PM, Riverdusk said:

Even easier now you can also toggle on a display of your current coordinates.  Type /showfps 2 or /showfps 3 for a smaller or larger version.  /showfps 0 to turn it back off.  

/showfps toggles your location?

Well that's just counterintuitive.

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:41 PM, Riverdusk said:

Even easier now you can also toggle on a display of your current coordinates.  Type /showfps 2 or /showfps 3 for a smaller or larger version.  /showfps 0 to turn it back off.  

I'm gonna have to correct you on this one based on my 30s testing: (See below)

/showfps -> Spits out the number related to your active "showfps" setting. IE: If you haven't used it, then it'll say 0.000

/showfps 1 -> Displays the FPS in the upper right corner in normal font size

/showfps 2 -> Displays the FPS and your camera angle in the upper right corner in normal font size

/showfps 3 -> Displays the FPS and your camera angle in the lower left corner in a larger font size

/showfps 0 -> Disables the display of all of the above

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

17 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

I'm gonna have to correct you on this one based on my 30s testing

What exactly are you correcting? As @Riverdusk noted, /showfps 2 and /showfps 3 will display current coordinates, or a close approximation thereof. Technically it's showing camera position, but that's coincident with one's current coordinates in first person view and is a close approximation of one's current coordinates in third person view as long as the camera isn't zoomed out excessively.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

What exactly are you correcting? As @Riverdusk noted, /showfps 2 and /showfps 3 will display current coordinates, or a close approximation thereof. Technically it's showing camera position, but that's coincident with one's current coordinates in first person view and is a close approximation of one's current coordinates in third person view as long as the camera isn't zoomed out excessively.

Fair enough, the output felt like it was more directional positioning than location data at first glance. I guess I didn't see how the two would directly relate. And I do play in 3rd person, so that would come in to play I suppose.