Procs NOT working in Oil Slick

plainguy

7 hours ago, plainguy said:

As was mentioned this is two separate pets.. Oil Slick:  and   Fire:

The Lady Grey Proc only worked with Oil Slick: 

The Positron Proc only worked with Fire:

Which to some degree makes sense the DPS IO Procs only work with powers causing DPS. like  Fire:

And the Debuff Proc of Lady Grey only works with the Oil Slick:  which causes a debuff.

Yup ... that's what I was afraid would be happening.  The different Pets make use of different power types, therefore different Set procs apply to the different Pets that get spawned by the power.

Knowledge is Power.

Power Corrupts.

Study hard to be Ebil. 😈

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

7 hours ago, plainguy said:

This what pretty much happen.

Do you have the chat log saved? I'll add your findings to the PPM guide for completeness. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

17 hours ago, Bopper said:

Do you have the chat log saved? I'll add your findings to the PPM guide for completeness. 

Yes.

I will add them here if possible or cut and paste as text otherwise.. 

I've uploaded the chat logs..

The Chatrevised 6 is a truncated version of the whole chat log just for the oil slick attack and it is COLOR CODED.. Purple for OIL Slick and Negative damage ( Lady Grey Proc ) and RED for Fire and and Energy Damage { Positron Proc )

Nothing in the chat log that I am worried about anyone seeing. EG I was solo so no conversations ETC.. Only my character names. The Oil Slick part is right at the beginning of the chat for the most part.  The rest of the chat is my other toons logging in after testing. 

Wyld Hunter is the character in question. 

I would start with the color coded one and and just verify with the chat log and spot check my work. 

EG Match up the bonus numbers against the times on both.. 

I was incorrect in the Procs going off.

The Negative Energy from Lady Grey went off much more then the Positron in the Fire. Pretty much 2 to 1.

Overall I would say something is broken.  Because I am running 3/8 setting,  so there are a bunch of mobs.

Lady Grey Proc is only hitting one or two or mobs when Oil Slick is alive. 

Positron Energy is only hitting one per fire activation.

Granted both of these are SECONDS in time as you will see. 

But if there are 8 mobs in the patch shouldn't the Proc be going off against all 8 mobs.

It is almost as if the PPM is only picking X mobs and firing off. 

I would have assumed it was trying to hit all the mobs within the Oil Slick / Fire.  

You will also notice that for some strange reason twice in the middle of the fire proc you will see an Oil Slick Proc going off.

Another is if you follow the Oil Slick text at one point it does a auto hit statement against the mobs. Again only time I seen this in the chat. 

Again if you look at the color coded text it will stand out. 

Again, something isn't right.. Either we are missing text that is in the background that might leak out once in a while. Maybe the chat log isn't made to pump out all this data. So it set up to get whatever it can be drops the rest. Sort of Best Effort type of thing. 

I will do yet another quick test with both Posi proc and Javelin Proc to see if I get 2 procs going off in fire. 

Again what I expect to see is a chat log filled with

Fire attacks mobs 1 through 8 and rolls a chance to proc ( whatever that is ) and then does damages based on success. 

Again unless I am missing something from my chat log again. 

chatlogrevised6.txt.docx chatlog 2019-11-23.txt

Edited by plainguy

Haven't looked at your logs, but

Like bopper said, it only has a 15% chance of proc'ing per target every 10 sec. So you shouldn't expect too many to occur.

When I personally tested TA from a proc persepctive I was fairly underwhelmed, but everyone has different expectations.

As for why you are seeing more lady grey vs posi I'd say that is  because the fire pet probably isn't inheriting accuracy properly. I can't say that for certain, but that's what I'm seeing with burn on the /fire stalker I was testing out. 

2 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

Haven't looked at your logs, but

Like bopper said, it only has a 15% chance of proc'ing per target every 10 sec. So you shouldn't expect too many to occur.

When I personally tested TA from a proc persepctive I was fairly underwhelmed, but everyone has different expectations.

As for why you are seeing more lady grey vs posi I'd say that is  because the fire pet probably isn't inheriting accuracy properly. I can't say that for certain, but that's what I'm seeing with burn on the /fire stalker I was testing out. 

Just something doesn't feel right..

The amount of time Oil Slick is up compared to Fire is much less. 

Just appears there is too much hidden data to get some clear answers. 

It would be helpful if more data was produced in the chat log regarding procs. 

Basically display the roll like they do with attacks.

If I could see that 7 out of 8 failed the 15% chance then I would feel more comfortable.  

Again look at the Colored doc..  doing a control F for bonus will show you Lady Grey is 2 vs 1 to Posi.

1 hour ago, plainguy said:

But if there are 8 mobs in the patch shouldn't the Proc be going off against all 8 mobs.

When you have an AoE effect like this, every target inside the effective area will get its own Hit Check for when the ability (or a proc) goes off. The more mobs in a field, the more likely you are to see a proc go off. In my test experiences usually 4-5 in a spawn will give 1 opportunity of a proc out of the group, and in 10+ usually 2-3 depending on the probability of the procs themselves and whether we're talking cone, (PB)AoE, or patch effect (each a little different algorithm). Obviously more physical procs in the power, more dice rolls for trigger effects.

You will almost never see every mob get hit. Not saying it can't happen, but it is highly unlikely you'll successfully roll a hit on all mobs in a spawn.

1 hour ago, plainguy said:

You will also notice that for some strange reason twice in the middle of the fire proc you will see an Oil Slick Proc going off.

I hadn't honestly considered it, but the ability of there being two different mechanics going on (oil slick itself, and then the ignition form) entails two different events sourcing from the same ability. This means one part (the slick itself) is actively responsible for a proc call, and then the fire is responsible for the other. I haven't taken the time yet to devote my own supportive test with the ToLG... I feel like there was a reason I'm forgetting for why I didn't, but it's obvious that it's functioning now (as we've come to discover a few other things have in fact changed somewhere under the hood in the last few months for other patch-based powers).

It wouldn't be abnormal to get two events providing feedback at the same time. The Oil Slick might be on fire, but it's still there, so it's not unreasonable that you'd be seeing two proc opportunities (which is actually a really good thing).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

When you have an AoE effect like this, every target inside the effective area will get its own Hit Check for when the ability (or a proc) goes off. The more mobs in a field, the more likely you are to see a proc go off. In my test experiences usually 4-5 in a spawn will give 1 opportunity of a proc out of the group, and in 10+ usually 2-3 depending on the probability of the procs themselves and whether we're talking cone, (PB)AoE, or patch effect (each a little different algorithm). Obviously more physical procs in the power, more dice rolls for trigger effects.

You will almost never see every mob get hit. Not saying it can't happen, but it is highly unlikely you'll successfully roll a hit on all mobs in a spawn.

I hadn't honestly considered it, but the ability of there being two different mechanics going on (oil slick itself, and then the ignition form) entails two different events sourcing from the same ability. This means one part (the slick itself) is actively responsible for a proc call, and then the fire is responsible for the other. I haven't taken the time yet to devote my own supportive test with the ToLG... I feel like there was a reason I'm forgetting for why I didn't, but it's obvious that it's functioning now (as we've come to discover a few other things have in fact changed somewhere under the hood in the last few months for other patch-based powers).

It wouldn't be abnormal to get two events providing feedback at the same time. The Oil Slick might be on fire, but it's still there, so it's not unreasonable that you'd be seeing two proc opportunities (which is actually a really good thing).

I could see the two being active but Oil Slick proc of lady grey is going off much less during fire instance. 

I was trying to keep the oil part on for a bit was afraid of it timing out.  

also seeing the numbers for the mobs getting hit and missed would help a lot. 

I would like to see the Proc events laid out like they do for Combat. 

• 4 weeks later
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, plainguy said:

What I found interesting was the yellow which pretty much shows me killing the Oil Slick:  to produce the  Fire:

This was something Positron confirmed back on live during a period when the oil slick was bugged and would not reliably ignite. An Oil Slick is a pseudo-pet that (on live) would be defeated by any energy or fire attack; when it was defeated, it spawned a Fire pseudo-pet in its place.

• Like 1