AH Price History

Snarky

Priorities, man, priorities.  Which would you rather have the devs spend time on: improving ATs and power sets, or fixing display glitches in the AH?  Obviously, doing both would be nice, but with limited time and resources, which is really more important (especially since you can simply click the "Find" button a couple of times as a workaround)?

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Well, my personal answer to that question would be that yes, I would rather have a faster and more reliable AH be the next improvement to the game, rather than changes to ATs and powersets.  I accept that I'm probably in a minority, but you did ask.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I do appreciate the 1337 team of geeks what has brought us the game back

i do want the Tank update. A Brute update.  And cookies

the find thing does not work for me on AH. I am no marketeer and i grind and make my money that way.  Still a little frustrating to know tou are getting ripped for millions by AH gremlins who play the market more than the game and are keeping track of AH niches while you cant even see last 5 bids.  

i been trying to follow some formulas for making monet on AH but I can tell they are mot working. When you craft an Orange and sell it and it only gets 600k then you know you are upside down.  Ut i jave no idea what it will sell for in advance because that feature no longer exists.  

again i make my money by grinding. I am bery grateful to have a place to get enhancers i would never have easy access too otherwise

still it seems a shame to lose money on most transactions due to completely flying blind. I know if i did not know how to grind purples this would upset me a lot more than it does. So pit this post down as a shout out to the new players who are still running on SOs and look at the AH as evil.  That is how i viewed it my first year on live because i knew there were peeps scamming every niche and i was just making money for them.  Now i am like ‘here if that makes you happy spend hours doing it’.  

but it seems like such an obvious QOL issue i just wondered what was up with it and if there was a plan

Are you talking about the bug where there is no history listed, or the bug where an erroneous history is listed?

For the former, the work around almost everyone uses is to put in a bid for something like 5.  If you then select your bid, it will show you the trading history.  You can even update it for something that changes quickly like salvage.

If it's the latter, that's a real problem, but doesn't happen very often.  I *believe* it has to do with the fact that the AH is not housed on its own server, and there is some bleed through.  Miracle +recovery is probably the best known example. 

In my opinion, if you don't want to sell something for 600k, offer it for higher.  Having a perfectly accurate trading history would still result in you getting screwed sometimes if you just want to dump it for 5 inf.  That's the chance you take.

Just about everything has pretty well established ranges right now.  If you have any specific questions, let me know!

Who run Bartertown?

I was told to craft orange recipes and sell them.  Since i do not have AH history i have no idea what to sell them for i am getting bought out at low values. Sometimes the sale is less than salvage and crafting costs.  I am seriously considering Using my earning to just buy Recipes from merit vendor and/craft convert upgrade oranges for sets i need and only buying off AH when i Have a ton of inf i earned through kills. Selling nothing on AH.  No converters no recipes no enhancers. In fact the last week except for experimenting with crafting/selling oranges that is what i have been doing. Since i do not lime to be ripped off i will probably adhere to this in the future. Using AH as a way to get some salvage (i bank a lot in my base) and maybe bid on some enhancers with extra cash. But sell nothing as the market is defacto set up to rip people off who do not watch it and research it like a stick trader

11 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

Priorities, man, priorities.  Which would you rather have the devs spend time on: improving ATs and power sets, or fixing display glitches in the AH?

Bug fixes, 100%.

• Like 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

Still a little frustrating to know tou are getting ripped for millions by AH gremlins who play the market more than the game and are keeping track of AH niches while you cant even see last 5 bids.

Hey - I resemble that remark but I don't keep track of "niches" and let the market do some earning while I play not instead of playing. I do appreciate those millions though. Keep em coming.

Tip: Here's what I do when prices won't populate on their own. ( edit: I see now someone already said this )

Place a very low bid on something I want to see the price on and then look at it in the bids tab. There is an update feature there that works most often.

Note: " Orange and sell it and it only gets 600k ".. you're right. You are doing it wrong. ( I never get to say that ) (p.s. feel free to pm me and I'll get you pointed in the right direction)

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

26 minutes ago, macskull said:

Bug fixes, 100%.

I'd rather have bug fixes for powers before AH display glitches that are easily worked-around by simply re-clicking or clicking on the Find button.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I was told to craft orange recipes and sell them.  Since i do not have AH history i have no idea what to sell them for i am getting bought out at low values. Sometimes the sale is less than salvage and crafting costs.  

Crafting rare recipes and selling the resulting rare IO is one way to go, but not a very good method any more since converters were introduced.  There are much better methods for making inf.

i’ve got a kinds of bids for things that are far less than what it would cost to craft them.  I buy them all the time, then either relist them or convert them to something better.

Check out a converter guide.  Robotech master has one on the guides forum that is stickies.

Who run Bartertown?

10 hours ago, Snarky said:

Still a little frustrating to know tou are getting ripped for millions by AH gremlins who play the market more than the game and are keeping track of AH niches while you cant even see last 5 bids.

This is me! In the last six weeks or so I've done maybe three missions, no task forces, and several hours on the market.

6 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

This is me! In the last six weeks or so I've done maybe three missions, no task forces, and several hours on the market.

As your foil, I put pretty much everything up at just over a million inf and probably sink prices back down a fraction. I actually find it relaxing doing the convert-sell loop.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

1 hour ago, Gulbasaur said:

As your foil, I put pretty much everything up at just over a million inf and probably sink prices back down a fraction. I actually find it relaxing doing the convert-sell loop.

Not all heroes go around punching bad guys.  Some of them stock the market to help other heroes punch bad guys better and faster!

I'm going to start a new Water blaster with a dollar bill aura and call them Market Liquidity.

• Like 3

Regeneratio delenda est!

42 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Not all heroes go around punching bad guys.  Some of them stock the market to help other heroes punch bad guys better and faster!

I'm going to start a new Water blaster with a dollar bill aura and call them Market Liquidity.

Brilliant.  I'd steal that, but I'm not that Ebil.

I currently have Power Broker and Compound Interest on Everlasting.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

I was told to craft orange recipes and sell them.  Since i do not have AH history i have no idea what to sell them for i am getting bought out at low values. Sometimes the sale is less than salvage and crafting costs.  I am seriously considering Using my earning to just buy Recipes from merit vendor and/craft convert upgrade oranges for sets i need and only buying off AH when i Have a ton of inf i earned through kills. Selling nothing on AH.  No converters no recipes no enhancers. In fact the last week except for experimenting with crafting/selling oranges that is what i have been doing. Since i do not lime to be ripped off i will probably adhere to this in the future. Using AH as a way to get some salvage (i bank a lot in my base) and maybe bid on some enhancers with extra cash. But sell nothing as the market is defacto set up to rip people off who do not watch it and research it like a stick trader

See, this is exactly why fixing the AH might well be a better global improvement for the player-base as a whole than tinkering with any one AT or powerset.  The market might be a highly enjoyable part for the game for only a small number of players, but it has the potential to affect a lot more people. 

The market should be an easy, frustration-free redistribution system to allow players to unload drops they don't want and buy the drops they do.  Ideally it would make the game better for everyone.

Because I enjoy the market, I don't mind all that much sitting there for a bit waiting for prices to come up, although I'd obviously rather not.  I certainly don't mind making a note of prices and what sells well, or remembering roughly what it costs to craft different level recipes.  But for people who just want to check if they got a really valuable drop, dump stuff, buy stuff and then get on with playing the parts of the game they do like, it must be exceptionally frustrating to have to futz around dealing with lag and bugs in a system they don't want to interact with any more than necessary.

Regeneratio delenda est!

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

Sometimes the sale is less than salvage and crafting costs.

Well there's your problem right there, why even bother putting something up for less that what it cost you to make it ?

The way the AH works, you can just put up a bid on an item for a really low price and just leave the bid up indefinitely while you wait for somebody to put an item up at a loss.

If you want to avoid losing money selling thing on the /ah, either you don't bother selling those items or you put them up for more than what it costs.
I actually don't bother crafting anything that sells for less than 1million inf

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Brilliant.  I'd steal that, but I'm not that Ebil.

I currently have Power Broker and Compound Interest on Everlasting.

I met someone yesterday just called Influence.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 12/10/2019 at 11:30 AM, Snarky said:

craft an Orange and sell it and it only gets 600k

Not long ago I was thrilled while battling my way through a couple of missions to see the orange text "Recipe Found!" pop up a few times, along with a yellow one and several whites.  So afterwards I went and opened up my recipe list to see what I had gotten.  Two, TWO copies of the same Perfect Zinger recipes, then another one of a different acc/taunt/whatever mix, and then a sleep recipe.  All trash on the market. 

But that's not the market's fault.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, Extor Prime said:

CoX is just about the only MMO in existence where an orange drop can elicit a "meh" response. Took a while to adjust to that.

I craft precious few Orange recipes, and after lvl 50 I turn them off because they generally aren't worth the use of Rare salvage.

Most disappointing to me is when a lvl 50 gets an Orange recipe drop notice and when I go looking for the PvP recipe and I see it is a Touch of the Nictus 😛

If your goal is to make as much money as possible on the Market, then yeah, I can see this being annoying.  But if your goal is to play toon and have money for upgrades when you want to upgrade, then frankly this isn't a big thing.  The difference being, "as much money as possible" is WAY more money than you really need.  For my last 3 level 50s, I've literally just played my toon with a bit of a focus on earning merits.  Then used those merits for either +boosters, or converters that I listed on the Ah for 5inf each to sell right away for whatever the going rate is.   This gave me enough inf to buy attuned sets and crafted generic IOs as I went without ever being in a tight money pinch.  (note, I always keep a few hundred merits in case there's an IO I need that has 0 for sale.)

My point is this.  Yeah.. it's annoying and needs fixed, but in the grand scheme, this bug doesn't matter to me... like literally, not at all. 

I'd rather see them fix it so the quantity slider defaults to max when I dump multiples in the AH so I don't have to move it manually.  It would get me in-and-out of the AH faster and back to playing.  That would make me happier than fixing the history bug.

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

5 hours ago, tidge said:

I craft precious few Orange recipes, and after lvl 50 I turn them off because they generally aren't worth the use of Rare salvage.

Most disappointing to me is when a lvl 50 gets an Orange recipe drop notice and when I go looking for the PvP recipe and I see it is a Touch of the Nictus 😛

An interesting side-effect of the market changes is that recipes which are junk at 50 can be mildly profitable drops for levelling characters, because the crafting costs for low level recipes are so trivial.

• Like 2

Regeneratio delenda est!

5 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

[clip]  The difference being, "as much money as possible" is WAY more money than you really need.  For my last 3 level 50s, I've literally just played my toon with a bit of a focus on earning merits.  Then used those merits for either +boosters, or converters that I listed on the Ah for 5inf each to sell right away for whatever the going rate is.   This gave me enough inf to buy attuned sets and crafted generic IOs as I went without ever being in a tight money pinch.  (note, I always keep a few hundred merits in case there's an IO I need that has 0 for sale.)

My point is this.  Yeah.. it's annoying and needs fixed, but in the grand scheme, this bug doesn't matter to me... like literally, not at all. 

I'd rather see them fix it so the quantity slider defaults to max when I dump multiples in the AH so I don't have to move it manually.  It would get me in-and-out of the AH faster and back to playing.  That would make me happier than fixing the history bug.

Bolded and italicized for truth.  At a certain point, and that point is easily within the grasp of everyone, accumulating inf is just about accumulating inf.

And I'm totally with your slider suggestion.  I was literally just about to post it in the suggestions page.

Who run Bartertown?

On 12/10/2019 at 8:09 PM, Snarky said:

Just selling orange crafted IOs (otherwise known as rare) are not the way to make inf. Whomever told you that did you no favors. Yes, some orange recipes, when crafted sell for a nice sum. Most of them, not so much. 

As a rule, consider all uncommon or rare recipes to be craftworthy. But then convert them to these: 

Aegis (about 4m)
Unbreakable Guard (about 4m)
Numina recovery/regen (about 4m)
Preventative Medicine absorb proc (about 3m)
Performance Shifter +endurance (about 4m)
Lotg 7.5% global recharge (about 7m)
Blessing of the Zephyr KB protection (about 3m)
Steadfast Protection KB protection (about 4m)
Steadfast Protection 3% def (all) (about 5m)
Kismet Accuracy (6%) (about 5m)
Karma Kb Protection (about 3m)
Miracle +recovery (about 4m)

Any pvpIO should be crafted and converted to: Panacea Chance for +hit points/endurance, Shield Wall 5% resist all & TP Protection or Glad Armor 3% Def(all) &TP protection. If you're shy of converters, any of those three sets will probably suffice, or the chance for toxic damage, or chance for -res as well. I tend to sell mine for 10m. Sometimes you can get more, because some folks do crazy things like over bid because they can't wait another day. As a result, some prices creep upward. 

There may be a few other lower level IOs that are worth some attention, but I don't get many recipes in the lower levels, and there are so many unfavorable chances to convert into more trash, I tend to avoid that niche altogether. Others will have differing opinions and think my suggested prices are too high or too low. 

• Like 1