Unofficial Villain Server

DarZindel

Apologies if this is common knowledge.  I did a quick search and didn't turn anything up. 

Is there an unofficial villain server and/or a server with the highest red side population?  I have a few villain concepts I'd like to try but after rolling a Praetorian alt and only seeing one other player on my road to level 20  I'm a bit warry about ending up rolling one on an unpopulated villain server.

Thanks!

I looked for the first time this week at server population. Have No idea why the screen came up. Anyways i refreshed it throughout the weekend out of curiosity

Everlasting where i play was in second place overall throughout the weekend in terms of overall.  But it always had a slight edge in Redside. 

So i would suggest the unofficial RP server is probably the unauthorized unususual unbeknownst unofficial   What was i talking about?  Oh yeah. It it where bad people are

• Like 1

I don't think there's too much in it any more, but Everlasting generally had more of a population on the villain side of things. They seem to have evened out a bit over time, though, but there's still only about 20% of the population redside, which interestingly is about the same as it was on Live.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Considering that all Archetypes are now available on any "side," the only draws for Villainy are the Patron Pools (which, with Null the Gull, "heroes" do day-visits for) and the excellent story content.
Excellent story content tends to be a bigger draw for roleplayers, from what I've observed, since they're the ones who will immerse themselves in the lore to more fully experience what the City has to offer.

Even if I wasn't a roleplayer (which, Represent!  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/10583-vileterrors-roleplay-characters-as-of-2019-09-27/ and https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1104-rp-and-ooc-global-channels-code-of-conduct/ ) I'd still prefer Redside for the incredibly vibrant and vital zones.  The attention to detail in places like Port Oakes and Nerva Archipelago is stunning.  I wish I knew which of the original Devs were responsible for those masterpieces!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later
1 hour ago, presto2112 said:

so with Null the Gull giving instant alignment switching, how much of that data is real?

Probably real enough when you look at it, but mercurial if checked over time.  I know I side switch at the drop of a hat, depending on where I can find teams.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I side-switch at a drop of a hat too, when a player requests help with a particularly challenging mission or needs something run in Ouroboros.  But I also generally switch my characters back to their "native" alignment afterward.  For example, Algia Kruos will always get switched back to Hero after I help someone Redside who needs an Ice Tank for something or other.  All my other characters switch back to Rogue or Villain, cause that's what most of them are.

Everlasting redside definitely.  Me and the wife play exclusively on red, some of our sgmates are on 75% red.

I saw regular calls for DFB in Mercy and papers in Gville yesterday.

Face it blue side might be more popular but  evil will always triumph because good is dumb

• Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, VileTerror said:

I mean, I'm all-for Redside too, but do we really want to quote the guy who got himself Schwartz'd because he underestimated the intelligence of his opponent?

Someone is looking way too much into a comedic qoute.

• Confused 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:39 PM, boggo2300 said:

my question is, is an unofficial villain a rogue?

that may have been funnier in my head

The fact that you have recognized that it was funnier in your head, actually made it funny.  😄

10 hours ago, VileTerror said:

I mean, I'm all-for Redside too, but do we really want to quote the guy who got himself Schwartz'd because he underestimated the intelligence of his opponent?

To be fair, Lone Star was more of a Rogue than a Hero. He took the job for the money, he stayed for the girl.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, siolfir said:

To be fair, Lone Star was more of a Rogue than a Hero. He took the job for the money, he stayed for the girl.

I would put him more vigilante in City terms, like Han Solo he was a rogue with a heart of gold trope,  which is nothing like a city rogue 😄

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 1/12/2020 at 6:40 PM, boggo2300 said:

I would put him more vigilante in City terms, like Han Solo he was a rogue with a heart of gold trope,  which is nothing like a city rogue 😄

Rogues are varied. In fact Villains (and yes they are bad Bad BAD)  are not one size fits all

Many villains do not set out to be bad just for it’s own sake. Their motivation can sometimes be singular, nearly always pursued  with complete disregard for others and usually a train wreck of tragedy. But that does not mean they set out to be bad. Some are straight up seeking world domination and/or destruction it is true

Rogues are even more complex than villains. Generally not bent on world destruction or even a single minded focus that gets people killed en masse. Yet they are everything from armed robbers who will shoot guards to scientists seeking to create the perfect X without care for environmental impacts

Heros...yeah  Blue Shield beating down a teen and creating Clockwork King?

Vigilantes. That is a fun take on villains. Is Dexter a Vigilante or a Villain?

the conversation is deep waters

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

Rogues are varied. In fact Villains (and yes they are bad Bad BAD)  are not one size fits all

Many villains do not set out to be bad just for it’s own sake. Their motivation can sometimes be singular, nearly always pursued  with complete disregard for others and usually a train wreck of tragedy. But that does not mean they set out to be bad. Some are straight up seeking world domination and/or destruction it is true

Rogues are even more complex than villains. Generally not bent on world destruction or even a single minded focus that gets people killed en masse. Yet they are everything from armed robbers who will shoot guards to scientists seeking to create the perfect X without care for environmental impacts

Heros...yeah  Blue Shield beating down a teen and creating Clockwork King?

Vigilantes. That is a fun take on villains. Is Dexter a Vigilante or a Villain?

the conversation is deep waters

this is also a comic game, so the complexity is skipped by the genre 😛

Dexter is a Villain, he doesn't kill for the greater good (Vigilante) he kills other villains to hide his own crimes, I will go out on a bit of a limb and claim the Punisher is NOT a vigilante, I would characterise him as a rogue at best, bordering on villain, he kills not (again) for the greater good, but revenge 😄

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I am going to disagree.  I am not sure about true Comic Books. I havent read anything smaller than the trade graphics in a very long time.  But those all reflect a depth that is pretty incredible. Sin City for instance. Not a black and white character group. Even the Campy old Batman movies with Schwarzennegger Clooney and Thurman had some depth. Okay not a lot but some. The Punisher movie with Travolta as a villain?  That portrayal was not a villain. Pure Vigilante.  These are my opinions of course

On 12/19/2019 at 3:42 AM, Gulbasaur said:

I don't think there's too much in it any more, but Everlasting generally had more of a population on the villain side of things.

This is interesting.  I wonder if we could get "unofficial Villain server" added to the "unofficial roleplay server" tag line.  It might let people know there's a red side community there and get more folks who want that one the same server.

13 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

This is interesting.  I wonder if we could get "unofficial Villain server" added to the "unofficial roleplay server" tag line.  It might let people know there's a red side community there and get more folks who want that one the same server.

I think that's been suggested before, but obviously nothing's come of it.  Yet.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

16 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

I actually really don't like that idea - it would pretty much wipe out vigilante and rogue activity, and I often team with people who play both sides. 

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas