Report Typos Here!

Widower

Mr Bocor, "The Book and the Burning": "I still want that book for my blackmail, and now I've had time to contemplate it's absence". Spurious apostrophe. Also, missing space in "No one knows why.I would suggest".

In-mission NPC dialogue: "We can expect no mercy form a monster like that!"

After-mission debrief: "And now the Legacy Chain have involved themselves due to the bumbling of those Hellion fools no doubt": semicolon after "themselves", comma after "fools".

Next mission. "by force preferably" should probably be "preferably by force", or be repunctuated. "Destroy any opposition from those Legacy Chain gate crashers; and smash ..." - here we have a semicolon where a comma is wanted, and I think "gatecrashers" is one word or perhaps hyphenated. "I'm certain you can handle it, and you will be well paid as always" - another one of these run-on unpunctuated clauses, suggest "handle it; you will be well paid, as always".

Also that mission: "Recover it from him, or from his body, however it all takes place I don't care" - another run-on unpunctuated clause.

Edited by thunderforce

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

Angelo Vendetti, "Get shipping info and clear base". You recover a clue which says "This schedule lists what ships secretly hold Council Cargos". "Cargos" is capitalised spuriously.

Vendetti's "ask about this contact" says he "is the scion shattered family of crime that can trace it's origins back to the days of the Medeccis". "scion of a shattered family", bogus apostrophe, and I guess they mean the Medicis. Furthermore they've worked against the Council and "it's" leader, another bogus apostrophe.

Edited by thunderforce

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

The Radio, "Force Tech to get codebreakers": on arriving in mission, you are told "You force your way past the outer defenses of the Arachnos base. Now their defenders should be here in force". Missing full stop. The game is full of missing full stops, but this one really jumps out at you so I'm reporting it.

Redside Origin of Power arc, Tarikoss tells you "It's power was such" - should be "Its".

Dmitri Krylov's "Ask about this contact" says he "is rumored to be once part of a Soviet super-program..."; badly mangled grammar. Suggest "is rumored to have once been part of ..."

When you call Ashley McKnight, she can say "Hi", "Howdy", or "Hello." Submit the full stop should be consistently used.

The game can't decide if it's "metahuman" or "meta human", or maybe even "meta-human". I'm not listing specific instances, because grep exists.

Edited by thunderforce

Redside, Mr. G stuff. The second "Yin's", last word of the second paragraph, should just be the plural "Yins" I saw the same mistake earlier in this arc, perhaps earlier in the first part of this same mission, but I didn't get a screenshot.

161427699_DesktopScreenshot2020_03.29-18_35_04_54.png.9fa1cfbf266a84cae4c805228b0a3458.png

Edited by RikOz

Some memorized recipe names are different from the crafted enhancement name.

Memorized Recipe Crafted Enhancement
Invention: Confuse Duration (Recipe) Invention: Confusion Duration
Invention: Defense DeBuff Duration (Recipe) Invention: Defense DeBuff
Invention: Fly (Recipe) Invention: Flight Speed
Invention: Immobilize Duration (Recipe) Invention: Immobilization Duration
Invention: Jump (Recipe) Invention: Jumping
Invention: Knockback Duration (Recipe) Invention: Knockback Distance
Invention: Range (Recipe) Invention: Range Increase
Invention: Run (Recipe) Invention: Run Speed Increase
Invention: Snare Duration (Recipe) Invention: Slow
Invention: Stun Duration (Recipe) Invention: Disorient Duration
Invention: ToHit DeBuff Duration (Recipe) Invention: To Hit DeBuff

Edited by Rigel Kent
caps

Golden Roller, "Shut down the D-Rifter": "it's only a matter of time before it 'jumps' again. . The Goldbrickers ..." - two full stops, one in green along with "The Goldbrickers".

Deific Weapon (orange salvage) is "A weapon lored to have belonged to an ancient god". "Lored" is not, AFAIK, a word.

Edited by thunderforce

Bosses in boss-and-guards radio missions can say "Oh, no! <Hero's name>! This is gonna put a cramp on our plans!". I think this should be "crimp in".

Marshal Brass's first mission, "Steal Rocket-Pack from Brickers", tells you "to deliver the it to Dr Flammond's lab". "The" is spurious.

Brass, later in The Aeon Conspiracy, tells you "The men in there are Loyal to Dr. Aeon"; spurious capital on "loyal".

In the final mission of The Aeon Conspiracy, whenever you destroy a generator, you are told "You have destroyed one of the dummy not-yet completed generators". All the generators give this message. It is odd, then, that the mission is a success.

Edited by thunderforce

Electrical Affinity > Empowering Circuit: The combat log incorrectly states that "Your damage and movement speeds have been increased by $player's Empowering Circuit" when Empowering Circuit has no effect on movement speeds whatsoever. 

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Laura Brunetti has a non-arc mission (the Wiki lists it as "Investigate the lost city of Oranbega" but ISTR we got a different title). "The Circle's origins, as far as we know, date back to it's founding by the nefarious Baron Zoria in the 1920's." "It's inner reaches are guarded by wards of protection, so you'll need to disrupt the Circle's enchantments to complete your mission." Two "its"/"it's" confusions.

Edited by thunderforce
Remove two other typos - present on the Wiki, but not in-game

It’s been in the game since the introduction of Incarnates and isn't a typo per se, but Lady Grey's line  "granted unimaginable power in a large amount" feels strained; flipping the second clause -- 'a tiny amount of unimaginable power' -- doesn't work at all. Something like "granted a wide range of unimaginable powers" would fit better.

There's a tip, "An Unearthly Shard", one of the options for which is:

VILLAIN: Put down Mangle and take his pieces of the tablet"

To be clear, the error is the hanging double quote at the end, which is present in-game.

9 hours ago, thunderforce said:

Laura Brunetti has a non-arc mission (the Wiki lists it as "Investigate the lost city of Oranbega" but ISTR we got a different title). "The Circle's origins, as far as we know, date back to it's founding by the nefarious Baron Zoria in the 1920's." "It's inner reaches are guarded by wards of protection, so you'll need to distrupt the Circle's enhantments to complete your mission." Two "its"/"it's" confusions.

The actual worst thing about that mission is twofold:

* She's sending you to "Oranbega", but the map is a blue cave

* She talks like you're going to Oranbega for the first time, but she offers this mission after she already sent you on another mission into the actual Oranbega.

😄

1 hour ago, RikOz said:

* She talks like you're going to Oranbega for the first time, but she offers this mission after she already sent you on another mission into the actual Oranbega.

I think it is at least possible (and was meant to be forced to be the case that?) she offers you it first, but it's still odd now since eg Azuria might have sent you there during the Posi taskforce.

Looking again, she also tells you that the Circle have been "have been a plague on this for many, many years". A plague upon this what, we ask ourselves?

Cerulean (First Ward) gives a souvenir which says "You entered the memories of an Apparition where you witnessed it's origin". "Its"/"it's" again.

Edited by thunderforce

11 hours ago, thunderforce said:

Looking again, she also tells you that the Circle have been "have been a plague on this for many, many years". A plague upon this what, we ask ourselves?

Heh, yeah, I reported that one earlier in the thread 🙂

25 minutes ago, RikOz said:

Heh, yeah, I reported that one earlier in the thread 🙂

Darn it, I've tried to be disciplined about searching the thread.

NPC dialogue in Cap: "Earlier in Nerva, I saw a Longbow Nullifier yelling at a guy from Wyvern, but he backed down when some some members of the Lega".

Stuttered Plea For Help tip mission, end popup: "You've already been contaced by Werner". Missing 't' in "contacted".

Edited by thunderforce

Anti-Matter Collision Arc, Part Five (Learn what the Carnival knows about Anti-Matter and the attack), mission map entry pop-up:

A tiny version of 'As Time Goes By' plays on the Carnival's sound system.

Pretty sure they mean 'tinny.'

NPC dialogue: "I heard that $name stole the stuff the Tsoo stole from that archaeology display! How did $name get the jump on them". Missing question mark.

Edited by thunderforce
Remove typo already reported by, er, me.