Report Typos Here!

Widower

I'm using Flashback for most everything.  In the Nova Power arc part 3 "Rise to Power" (level 10-14)...  Wait!  I found it!  In the "Rise to Power" story arc from contact Reese, in Part 3 "A Spectacle for the Crowd" after defeating the final enemy, Praetor Duncan calls me a man!?

Praetor Duncan Nova Power arc 3 misspeak.jpg

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

I was hanging out near the Talos Island train station when an NPC named Tim simply said "string". I guess it's possible he's just a huge fan of string, and wanders the streets of Paragon City lovingly calling its name, but I doubt it.

tim_string.jpg

• Haha 1

In the mission "Talk to Diabolique atop the Westerman Building' from Cerulean in First Ward. When you first talk to her, she says "... you take his orders like he is some great mentor and you are his dotting pupil...". Should be 'doting', I assume.

Sorry for the lack of a screenshot, but I have to ask: Mastermind Epics > Charge Mastery; is the power supposed to be named "ESD"?  Paragon Wiki has the power listed as "EM Pulse" which also matches the Blaster version that I assume was used as the basis for MM Epics.  ESD doesn't sound like it makes much sense, I guess Electro-Static Discharge maybe, but that doesn't exactly line up with the power description that clearly states Electromagnetic energy is used.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

The "Slot Machine" contact redside fairly consistently confuses "its" and "it's" - in "Ask about this contact" but also in mission text.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

Mender Tesseract's Strike Force:

The Spider Weaves His Web
Part Two

In the 2nd mission of 3 on this SF, Tesseract sends you into an underground lair where Recluse will test your dedication/try to kill you.

You are greeted by an 'Arachnos Spectator who just cycles through a list of insults and taunts - including this one, with an extra "is".

"You realize that few people ever make it out of one of these 'dedication' challenges, right? Recluse's is just gonna get rid of you."

Either the "'s" on 'Recluse' or the 'is' can be deleted, they are essentially the same word used twice.

typo1.gif

On 3/16/2020 at 12:56 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

I was hanging out near the Talos Island train station when an NPC named Tim simply said "string". I guess it's possible he's just a huge fan of string, and wanders the streets of Paragon City lovingly calling its name, but I doubt it.

tim_string.jpg

I saw him in Imperial City too, I believe!?  I just thought he was reciting a shopping list!?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

22 hours ago, BetaRay said:

"You realize that few people ever make it out of one of these 'dedication' challenges, right? Recluse's is just gonna get rid of you."

Either the "'s" on 'Recluse' or the 'is' can be deleted, they are essentially the same word used twice.

No; it's grammatical as written. "Recluse's" refers back to the preceding sentence as a shortcut -- "Recluse's (dedication challenge) is just gonna get rid of you." The same way as in "Have you seen all the new cars? Mary's is shiniest.", "Mary's" refers to 'new cars'.

Anti-Matter arc in Neutropolis, part 5, mission intro:

Arachnos have fortified the area around Anti-Matter's reactor to ensure they have it under complete control. Little do they know that the order has been given to let it explode. It's up to you know to protect the lives of every single citizen that lives in Neutropolis.

know → now

15 hours ago, srmalloy said:

No; it's grammatical as written. "Recluse's" refers back to the preceding sentence as a shortcut -- "Recluse's (dedication challenge) is just gonna get rid of you." The same way as in "Have you seen all the new cars? Mary's is shiniest.", "Mary's" refers to 'new cars'.

It COULD be... But in context it seems less likely. What OTHER 'dedication challenges' which aren't stacked against the entrant is this Arachnos Spectator who works for Recluse well aware of, and contrasting with this type in comparison?

On 12/28/2019 at 9:24 PM, GM Widower said:

Feel free to post all the typos you find in game here. Please try to avoid duplicate reports. No, this is not serious enough to get you Bug Hunter.

In King's Row there is a Gravedigger Striker who says, "That sweet 'sterio' is as good as mine."

I cannot tell you how many times I cringed seeing that.

Living Tattoo (yellow salvage): This ink work seems to dance on the patch of skin its attached to.

Should be "it's", and I personally think it would be better with "inkwork" (yes, it's a word).

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Levantera's mission "Fight Rikti Raid" - "you find the that the fort is already under attack".

In the mission "Shut down all Time Accelerators", part of the 40-45 The Instant Army arc, "You begin to deavtivate the device".

In the briefing for the next mission, "We want to rift you directly in and find out which one has amassed the larger army, because that is the threat we need to stead ourselves from." I'm not even sure what "stead" is a typo for.

Part Nine's debrief after the mission: "Thier Marcus Cole".

Edited by thunderforce

In Seer Marino's (excellent) story arc 'Oh, Wretched Man!', in one of the clues from the first mission is the line 'Terror griped me', which should read 'Terror gripped me'.

typo_seer_marino.jpg

In character creation, "Scrapper's possess Critical strike capability"; spurious apostrophe.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:53 AM, Display Name said:

Still doing these darn Praetorian missions!  Sigh!  Misspelled "weakening."

Wardog.jpg

Funny you should say that. I just did that very mission earlier today. Anyway this quote is said two missions later: "Kirchmer was the second student I've had killed. The first was a PPD officer, a man named Stewart Tones. I knew him very well, he was one of my most intelligent students. I did not want to kill him, Character, but it was either him, or me. I pleaded with the boy to walk away, but he insisted he was 'serving the good of Praetoria'. After all I taught him, he still had that naive, ignorant view. I shot him in the head before he could shoot me. I truly believe that on that day, whoever I once was died."

Unsure if wrong descriptions count, but the villain-side badge 'Arachnos Agent', one of the Day Jobs, currently has the description of its hero-side counterpart (for ex-villains) 'Cannon Fodder', despite my character being a lifelong redside.