5 hours ago, Alan260 said:

Guess I've got more reading to do since I've been back in the game for about a week now and have no clue what Empies are and haven't hit L50 in my life... 🙂

I assume "Empyrean Merits". They're one way to level up your incarnate powers. 600 is more than enough to fully level up all your incarnate powers to tier 4, at least once the slots are unlocked. Not that you would do it that way, but you could.

7 hours ago, Alan260 said:

Guess I've got more reading to do since I've been back in the game for about a week now and have no clue what Empies are and haven't hit L50 in my life... 🙂

Empies are Empyrean Merits.  They're a form of Incarnate salvage.

Exemplaring is leveling down to the level of a team captain or mission.  In the process, powers taken after that level are deactivated and certain types of enhancements simply stop working.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

37 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Empies are Empyrean Merits.  They're a form of Incarnate salvage.

Exemplaring is leveling down to the level of a team captain or mission.  In the process, powers taken after that level are deactivated and certain types of enhancements simply stop working.

Okay, so when I see that something has been slotted at say level 3, but has an item level of 40, does that mean the original enhancement was level 3 and was later replaced by a 40? Or did it level up with you to become a 40, even though it was originally a 3?

The number on the blue "bar" is the level at which the power is taken.
The green number at the bottom of a slot is when the slot is selected.
The blue number at the top of the slot is the level of the Enhancement.

To optimize when a slot is placed, do Slots/Enhancements --> Slots --> Auto-Arrange All Slots.  It automatically gives you optimal slot-level selection.

• 2 weeks later

I like the Hyperstirke build, although I'm toying with the idea of what might one take in the end game instead of the options here.

Is there a specific use for Burnout? the only character I have ever taken it on is my thugs MM to get an extra Gang War, so I was wondering if it was targeted at a specific use like that.

because I assume Fly is mostly taken to get to Burnout? SS is taken for stealth mostly I assume?

16 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Any recommendations on Incarnates? Melee and  Assault seem like a good place to start?

I usually get Agility for defense and endurance, or musculature radial for dmg and endurance on the Alpha.

Destiny Ageless radial is my only choice for the Debuff Resistance alone.

Judgment on my tanks I usually go mighty radial for the knock up and feeling of power.

Lore on all mine I go longbow core because of the -regen

Interface degenerative core

Hybrid you are correct melee core and - yes and assault radial.  Use either situationally.

8 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

I like the Hyperstirke build, although I'm toying with the idea of what might one take in the end game instead of the options here.

Is there a specific use for Burnout? the only character I have ever taken it on is my thugs MM to get an extra Gang War, so I was wondering if it was targeted at a specific use like that.

because I assume Fly is mostly taken to get to Burnout? SS is taken for stealth mostly I assume?

i have found burnout most useful on my blaster to double nuke, for tanks you really dont need it.

Usually take fly to get hover and afterburner to slot luck of the gambler +recharge and also afterburner for the fly speed.

Try this build if you want another look at a solid tried and true end game invul build.  You won't be weak to anything in it, nigh unkillable in fact.  It also exemplars really well.

Infinitum_-_Tanker_Invulnerability_-_Super_Strength.mxd

Thanks I'll take a look.

My inv/SS just hit the ripe old age of 20 and I have been slotting for pre-20s, combination of regular IOs, P2W IOs and anything that will slot early (like ATOs)

Right now I'm on a path to take Tough (as a mule) and Weave for extra defense earlier. I usually respect again between 32 and 37 and again at 50.

It's a fun set although without rage or footstool, damage is pretty slow still.

I love recharge but at the same time I'm not sure it's that critical on a inv/as build is it? I was looking at prioritizing Regen (and max HP) over recharge 

Infinitum, do you really need the extra endurance from the Energy Mastery pool?

My build so far is actually quite similar to what you have (I have only planned it to 32), although I wanted to avoid Fly for concept reasons, although concepts can always be reworked 🙂

Using Combat Jump at lvl4 for an LOTG and added early defense

Some good ideas in both builds, although I'm not sure I can live on a tank without Taunt?

42 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

I was looking at prioritizing Regen (and max HP) over recharge 

People probably tend to want to be able to have perma Dull Pain. I'd have to evaluate attack chains to see what sort of recharge I'd want beyond that. I think regeneration is reasonable to prioritize if you don't take Rebirth Radial. I'm considering making an Invuln/MA, and I'd probably take Ageless Radial, so I'd want good regeneration. Dull Pain will usually let you hit the hit point cap without focusing too much on hit points, but I'd say that's your target, close to the cap with Dull Pain up, plus or minus a little.

12 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

I'm not Infinitum, but my answer would be "yes". I'm currently testing on beta with Cardiac Core, Conserve Power, Physical Perfection, and Ageless Radial. That's overkill for 99% of the game, but if you're soloing 801.4 +4x8 without inspirations, for instance, endurance drains and debuffs are going to be one of your weaknesses that needs to be addressed. I don't want to have weaknesses. Also, I'm a huge fan of Focused Accuracy for the high to-hit debuff resistance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

My build so far is actually quite similar to what you have (I have only planned it to 32), although I wanted to avoid Fly for concept reasons, although concepts can always be reworked 🙂

Using Combat Jump at lvl4 for an LOTG and added early defense

Some good ideas in both builds, although I'm not sure I can live on a tank without Taunt?

Yes, when rage crashes sometimes its necessary to avert a hard rage crash, i have found that occasionally when i am engaged in a particularly nasty fight, and rage crashes sometimes i need conserve power even to maintain my attack, now if you stop attacking you dont need CP but who wants to do that?

5 hours ago, Supertanker said:

Rage stacks but you're also shortening the time between crashes. I prefer to just let it run out then hit it again at the end of the crash.

Yes, but Double-Rage is what transforms SS from a "meh" set to "MBOOWAHAHAHAHA!!!" set...

(And YES!  That IS the OFFICIAL nomenclature for it!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Haijinx said:

Perma dull pain seems like a pain.

You'd already be shooting for perma hasten and perma rage.

Too many clicks to click is all.   

Inv already is nigh unkillable before dull pain. 

Not really, cause if you get hasten you get dull pain perma almost by default.

14 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Perma dull pain seems like a pain.

You'd already be shooting for perma hasten and perma rage.

Too many clicks to click is all.   

Inv already is nigh unkillable before dull pain. 

If 801.5 can kill it, it's not unkillable! 😉 But yes, it is nigh unkillable before Dull Pain. I'd shoot for enough recharge for it to be perma, but I'd only actually click it if I were down to about half health and worried I might lose the other half. I consider it an emergency power, not a continually-refreshed buff like Hasten or Rage.

Edited by Werner
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Werner said:

If 801.5 can kill it, it's not unkillable! 😉 But yes, it is nigh unkillable before Dull Pain. I'd shoot for enough recharge for it to be perma, but I'd only actually click it if I were down to about half health and worried I might lose the other half. I consider it an emergency power, not a continually-refreshed buff like Hasten or Rage.

Right.  Basically, when you're built at the limit of what Inv/SS will support, DP is you "Oh Crap" button.

So you don't hit it unless you actually need it.

It basically becomes a crashless Unstoppable-replacement.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Werner said:

What is 801.5?

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

What is 801.5?

Ah, sorry. I learn about a thing and assume I’m late to the party and everyone knows already. That’s the hardest of @Linea’s 801 series of Architect Entertainment missions, a series of increasingly difficult missions with custom enemies that sniff out and exploit your build’s weaknesses to destroy you. Also with timers so you can’t go full turtle and still beat them - you have to have damage output. They all have 801 in the title, so can be searched for that way. I think of “801” almost as an enemy group at this point. Assuming live is like beta, 801.5 is a nightmare of debuffers and drainers with incarnate level to-hit and waves of ambushes in caves similar to a farm. At +4x8 no inspirations, but with the P2W defense amplifier, the Invuln and Shield Tankers I’m testing right now typically make it about half a spawn at a time before dropping. 

Edited by Werner
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Werner said:

Ah, sorry. I learn about a thing and assume I’m late to the party and everyone knows already. That’s the hardest of @Linea’s 801 series of Architect Entertainment missions, a series of increasingly difficult missions with custom enemies that sniff out and exploit your build’s weaknesses to destroy you. Also with timers so you can’t go full turtle and still beat them - you have to have damage output. They all have 801 in the title, so can be searched for that way. I think of “801” almost as an enemy group at this point. Assuming live is like beta, 801.5 is a nightmare of debuffers and drainers with incarnate level to-hit and waves of ambushes in caves similar to a farm. At +4x8 no inspirations, but with the P2W defense amplifier, the Invuln and Shield Tankers I’m testing right now typically make it about half a spawn at a time before dropping. 

Wow. Why am I giddy to try this.  lol

Like worf facing the jem hadar in their fight Club when they were captive on the asteroid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

Wow. Why am I giddy to try this.  lol

I know, right? 😁 These days I’m spending most of my game time in Mids and on beta paying 801 missions and the first two ITF missions with enemies buffed. Oh, and pylons. I should probably play the actual game too sometime. 

Edit: Huh... lots more versions on live. The first 801.5 I just tried was dramatically easier than the one on beta.

Edit: Nooooooo! None of the live ones so far are close to as crazy as beta. So on the live ones, there are a few enemies in red armor, who are the nasty enemies, scattered among the easier enemies. On beta, they're almost all in red armor. So unfortunately, copy to beta to see what I'm talking about. I have the sads now. 😭

Edited by Werner
  • Like 1