Scrapper Facts, a homage to badassery

Pixie_Knight

In honor of City of Heroes making it's triumphant return, how about a little diversion which use to be HUGE on the scrapper forums. As everyone knows, Scrappers are badasses. Even before IOs they were badasses. And we can be down right insane. Scrapperlock is real, and can get our non-scrapper alts killed fast after all. For those who don't remember the thread and jokes, Scrapper Facts are typically in the style of Chuck Norris facts, only Scrapper flavored. Such as "Scrappers don't get wet, water gets scrappered". I'll kick things off with a few.

1. Nemesis is positive it is all a Scrapper plot

2. A scrapper once sent Statesman a tee shirt with their image on the front. Statesman wears it to bed to protect him.

3. Legend says that a scrapper's tears can cure cancer. Too bad scrappers never cry.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nihilii said:

A scrapper, a kinetic defender and a helpless mob enter a bar. The resulting crit damage took so look to compute, it caused the 7-year delay we refer to as "CoH shutdown".

So... The bar cried "OUCH" before keeling over dead, the hapless mob ran screaming, and the defender commented "I was looking forward to a drink. Why did you do that?" Sounds like a scrapper to me.

Scrapper Fact: A scrapper can survive one hit instant kill attacks without the special inspirations.

No, really. I remember the first time I ran the high level Devouring Earth trial. The Giant Monster at the end has an AOE attack which is a one hit kill, and the only way to avoid dying is to have used a special inspiration that drops during that trial which protects you from that attack for around 30 seconds at a time. Not knowing this, I kept handing them out to the rest of the team because they weren't Lucks, Catch a Breaths, or Respites. When we got to the GM I hit Elude, as I generally did for EB/AV/GM fights. And I went to town. Everyone else kept dropping like flies every time the aoe was used, and I got really puzzled by that because I was just fine. In fact, Elude crashed the second the final blow had been landed on the Giant Monster. Only afterwords did I learn about the one hit kill aoe that I kept dodging. And for a while the legend of Madam Enigma flourished on Protector server because she could survive the unsurvivable.

• Like 2

There Tyrant stood, a monolith to science and magic gone wrong. At his feet like flies swarmed newly formed Incarnates berating him and biting mercilessly at his shins, his entire form crackled with an overabundance of power sapped from the Well. He lifted a foot, mocking the heroes and villains alike who dared to impede him, and dropped it with a violent crushing force into the Earth which came with a spark of white lightning that seeped up through the rubble and rock and shot its viscous life-stealing energy out into the chaos. Some fled, some unable to make it out fell in the wake of such awesome might, but there in the center stood one lone figure, a silhouette in the madness of light and energy.

A Scrapper. His armor cracked, his flesh beneath burned and peeled, blood seeped into the air and vaporized, and then his flesh repaired itself, healed full, and then repeated the cycle. The lightning of Tyrant was trying to shear him apart by the atom, and he would have none of it. Beneath his helm, where a chunk fell free and burned into ash, his undeniable grin could be seen.

Tyrant looked down, perturbed at such insolence, he struck again, stronger, and with more power. More heroes fell, others flew madly across the battlefield attempting to rescue their fallen comrades. The Scrapper merely lifted a hand and slowly rolled his fingers down into a fist, a Vorpal Blade springing out from his forearm. For a moment everyone became aware of that one hero, knowingly, painfully standing there, but not falling, refusing to accept the destruction around him. For a brief second a calm hit the air in between heartbeats and lightning pulses, and everyone heard when the Scrapper said:

"My turn."

• Like 9

On 1/27/2020 at 3:47 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

There Tyrant stood, a monolith to science and magic gone wrong. At his feet like flies swarmed newly formed Incarnates berating him and biting mercilessly at his shins, his entire form crackled with an overabundance of power sapped from the Well. He lifted a foot, mocking the heroes and villains alike who dared to impede him, and dropped it with a violent crushing force into the Earth which came with a spark of white lightning that seeped up through the rubble and rock and shot its viscous life-stealing energy out into the chaos. Some fled, some unable to make it out fell in the wake of such awesome might, but there in the center stood one lone figure, a silhouette in the madness of light and energy.

A Scrapper. His armor cracked, his flesh beneath burned and peeled, blood seeped into the air and vaporized, and then his flesh repaired itself, healed full, and then repeated the cycle. The lightning of Tyrant was trying to shear him apart by the atom, and he would have none of it. Beneath his helm, where a chunk fell free and burned into ash, his undeniable grin could be seen.

Tyrant looked down, perturbed at such insolence, he struck again, stronger, and with more power. More heroes fell, others flew madly across the battlefield attempting to rescue their fallen comrades. The Scrapper merely lifted a hand and slowly rolled his fingers down into a fist, a Vorpal Blade springing out from his forearm. For a moment everyone became aware of that one hero, knowingly, painfully standing there, but not falling, refusing to accept the destruction around him. For a brief second a calm hit the air in between heartbeats and lightning pulses, and everyone heard when the Scrapper said:

"My turn."

This.

Is.  

Scrarta!

• Like 1

I have very few “gaming” memories.  Maybe a few ultra bosses I’ve beaten in other games or one or two AV’s in this game.

But one I do have was from Live, playing my Dark/SR scrapper in a COT pyramid cave mission.  Don’t recall which one.  And out of a team of eight my entire team wiped....three times.  Each time I remained in full scrapper lock (although whiffing terribly due to some is the -TOHIT debuffs that they were stacking on me) and would end up hitting my T9 to Elude while half the team sprinted back from hospital

to revive the other half, only to wipe again.  I was last man standing three times.  We finished mission but I felt totally like a badassed Tab+MouseButton masher!

• Thanks 1

I had one of those in ITF mission 3 when playing Redlynne, my MA/SR Scrapper on Virtue with my Supergroup.  We were beating on the robot control box, got it down to 50% damaged, the second wave of robots activated and ... suddenly I was the only one left standing.  All 7 other teammates were down for the count, and I was left with all the aggro.

So I did what any good NO GET HITSU!! Scrapper would do ... I kept kicking the crap out of the robot control box amid a laser light show of aggro.

My SG mates formed a bucket brigade to hand me inspirations to use.

For over 2 minutes ... I fought on ALONE ... while everyone else was faceplanted and in AWE of watching what I was doing.

Because I was slowly WINNING the fight against the control box, even though I had more than 20 robots all attacking me (there was no one else for them attack).

My green bar fluttered as damage leaked through my defenses, but I could use Aid Self amid all the aggro(!) and had green inspirations in case of interrupts.

But I was able to hold on.

And then I got the control box down to 75% damage and the third wave of robots activated ... and I just kept on kicking the crap out of the control box.

My SG mates simply could not believe what they were seeing as I dodged and weaved among all the blaster cannons firing at me.

Some of them even started cheering (from the ground).

And finally ... I brought the control box to 0% ... the robots all collapsed ... and there was SILENCE ... while I stood ALONE ...

Well, I stood alone until someone else used a Wakie and then I started helping to hand out Wakies to everyone else who had watched me solo the worst half of the robot control box in AWE.

After that, more than one SG mate wanted to know how I'd managed to pull that off.

Answer: SCRAPPERLOCK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

10 hours ago, Redlynne said:

I had one of those in ITF mission 3 when playing Redlynne, my MA/SR Scrapper on Virtue with my Supergroup.  We were beating on the robot control box, got it down to 50% damaged, the second wave of robots activated and ... suddenly I was the only one left standing.  All 7 other teammates were down for the count, and I was left with all the aggro.

So I did what any good NO GET HITSU!! Scrapper would do ... I kept kicking the crap out of the robot control box amid a laser light show of aggro.

For over 2 minutes ... I fought on ALONE ... while everyone else was faceplanted and in AWE of watching what I was doing.

Because I was slowly WINNING the fight against the control box, even though I had more than 20 robots all attacking me (there was no one else for them attack).

My green bar fluttered as damage leaked through my defenses, but I could use Aid Self amid all the aggro(!) and had green inspirations in case of interrupts.

And then I got the control box down to 75% damage and the third wave of robots activated ... and I just kept on kicking the crap out of the control box.

My SG mates simply could not believe what they were seeing as I dodged and weaved among all the blaster cannons firing at me.

And finally ... I brought the control box to 0% ... the robots all collapsed ... and there was SILENCE ... while I stood ALONE ...

Well, I stood alone until someone else used a Wakie and then I started helping to hand out Wakies to everyone else who had watched me solo the worst half of the robot control box in AWE.

After that, more than one SG mate wanted to know how I'd managed to pull that off.

Your team sucked. Or were they all lowbies? I like how humble you are 😄

Edited by Fanta
Clarification
  • Confused 1

Interesting story, lovely country being the Netherlands, my mom lived there for about 5 years.  Stroupwaffles and cherry liquor candies are simply to die for.

Anyway I tarried the point too long, which is this, a bridge was named for my scrappers back on live in Rotterdam, but they had to tear it down because nobody crosses my scrapper and lives.

BOOT TO THE HEAD

(that was my very best Raymond Reddington imitation)

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Redlynne said:

My favorite Scrapperlock memory is also in mission 3 of the ITF. As soon as I  entered the mission I had the sudden urge to give Romulus and Requiem a piece of my fists. So off he went, my DM/Shield Scrapper, to face them down. I jumped up to the platform, pulled as many mobs as I could and started chipping away on both AVs at the same time. 5 generals, 4 generals, 3.... and then they were defeated. I soloed them at +3 before my 7 teammates made it to the computer. Was it greedy? Yes. Was it necessary? Yes. Why? Yes.

Scrapperlock!!

Edited by cazden121
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Crysis said:

The word “humble” has zero meaning to a scrapper.

Correction:

"Humble" is what Scrappers force feed others ... often in the form of pie(s to the faceplanted).

• Haha 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

pile_of_corpses.jpg

Ever notices how you come across a Scrapper once and a while on your team that is the team.

+4x8 Mission no Tanks or Brutes. Team wipes  4 times  Scrapper never dies pretty much solos the mission kills everything. 

Has to lower next mission to +2 for the team. What a nice guy!

Edited by Ironscarlet

+4x8 mission with  a full team team; Team goes right scrappers goes left

• Haha 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

11 hours ago, Ironscarlet said:

Ever notices how you come across a Scrapper once and a while on your team that is the team.

+4x8 Mission no Tanks or Brutes. Team wipes  4 times  Scrapper never dies pretty much solos the mission kills everything.

"What're you doing?!"

"Killing the surrounding spawns to avoid the obvious trap ambush you walked into."

"Why aren't you helping us?!"

"Because you walked into the trap ambush and died."

"Come help us now!"

"I am, by clearing the mission for you. Just stay on the floor, it'll go faster."

• Like 1

True scrapper story was running and a +4x8 AE team  the map had streets on either side of the building  anyways I peeled off and started a couple groups back on the other side and clear grups on the other side. After a while someone goes hey are XP gain is way  faster then someone goes wheres melted copper. Then they look on the map wait  Melted are you soloing the other side ? Yes of course; few mob groups later another person wait he is keeping pace with us

• Like 3

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA