How do you get missing costume pieces?

Lord Liberty

Hi All!

Longtime original CoX player, guild leader, RP'er and all around good guy just getting onto Homecoming today. Wow. So stoked! Question, I'm trying to make some of my original characters, but realize that a lot of the costume pieces are not available off the start. Any way to unlock all of the extra costume pieces?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

There are a number of costume pieces that for some random reason will not load from saved costume files in the old game.  You will have to use 'costume fix' to continue, and those costume pieces will be replaced.  But once you get into the costume editor you can re-select and re-equip them.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Welcome back!  Yay!

As far as the costume pieces, I've heard that all (or very nearly all) of the costume pieces that are available to players are unlocked for everyone at toon creation.  I don't know what "very nearly all" would mean, though.

Have you tried Incarnates, yet?  Of course, not!  Wait until you start getting into THOSE!??  WOW!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

all of the piece from my old costumes are there, but some were combined / moved from where I remember them. 

One example is the "Metal Plates" belt.  I remember it being it's own main choice in the belt lookup.  (Although admittedly, that's 8 year old memory and is VERY suspect....)

I eventually found the exact look for that belt.  but it's under "Normal" belt, and then a sub-choice selection group between Cloth, Metal, and Metal Plates.

so you might have to dig through a variety of the menu options, but anything that was not an outright temporary costume / temporary power, I'm pretty sure is still there in the costume creator.

• Thanks 2

Some pieces got moved to different sub categories but as far as I know everything that was there before is still there, plus quite a few additions.  It's not always obvious where some item may have moved to and when things were reorganized it tended to break costume files.

What pieces are you missing?  Maybe someone can point you to where they got hidden.

• Thanks 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Not the "Talons" belt you can find in the Titan Icon CC...

image.png.d4af189b7f70abd0ca23ec024b9ec8d9.png

I like this belt with the Cybertech top or any of the bag tops.

I also like "Texture1 !Skirt_V_Talons_Siren_01" for the Victoria skirt, but I had to enter that manually into the costume file and load directly in Titan Icon, but that's a whole 'nother closet of CCisms that I played around with.

Edited by gamingglen
  • Confused 1

• Retired Game Master
1 hour ago, VileTerror said:

Bear in mind that content in Paragon Chat and Titan Icon may in fact be NPC costume pieces, which have not been unlocked on Homecoming for reasons of "quality."

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/14462-could-we-please-get-these-costume-pieces-moved-from-dev-only/

Caveat emptor on importing costumes from Paragon Chat especially, as DB editing was possible on there to import NPC parts to get past validation that the in-game client blocks.  There is no answer to import costume files 100% from Paragon Chat past using Costume Fix and living with the difference.

• Retired Game Master
15 minutes ago, gamingglen said:

Thanks for the link. I was wondering if these things were talked about but didn't know where.

But the point of my reply to Snarky is still valid: not EVERYTHING is there available to the player base.

That’s true, and it will remain true in the future.  There will be costume pieces in game that players cannot access that is meant for NPC use only. Even if it can work on a player model.  

It’s not out of spite.  But there’s no one answer “why” either.

1 hour ago, gamingglen said:

Thanks for the link. I was wondering if these things were talked about but didn't know where.

But the point of my reply to Snarky is still valid: not EVERYTHING is there available to the player base.

Yeah this is a tad of a personal point of contention between myself and the HC dev team. Other servers (including We Have Cake, which operates on the same issue 25 background as Homecoming does) have those particular costume parts enabled but here on Homecoming we're basically told 'no' and not given a specific reason, we're just told there are 'lots of reasons' and that they didn't want to go into specifics. I tried to get a reason out of it and just got told 'it didn't look professional' (seriously, do NOT care about that but hey....I'm not in charge of the server).

So yeah...a lot of stuff is going to remain NPC only for the foreseeable future, especially if it happens to be related to any 'signature NPCs' these would basically be the big names like Statesman, Tyrant, Miss Liberty etc. Personally had hoped that sacred cow had been butchered when the servers basically became unofficial but hey...here we are...

And for those of you who are going to ask the obvious question. No I will not let this go, it still annoys me somewhat and will bring it up when the time is appropriate.

Edited by DR_Mechano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Heraclea said:

There are a number of costume pieces that for some random reason will not load from saved costume files in the old game.  You will have to use 'costume fix' to continue, and those costume pieces will be replaced.  But once you get into the costume editor you can re-select and re-equip them.

For valid costume pieces that are affected by this, it's likely caused by the inclusion of previously unavailable costume pieces changing the order in the CC. This happened on occasion back in Legacy.

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I could certainly understand keeping Signature Hero looks and Villian Group specific looks for NPC's only, esp if spreading them to players might be a bone of contention to NCSoft.  Silly?  Yes. But you'd be AMAZED at how many people can get piqued over the silliest things.

I would like to see something like the PPD Hard Suit and PPD Shell pieces available to players, but .... that's so far down in the "it would be nice if" pile, and not even remotely approaching any kind of need.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 9:41 PM, Lord Liberty said:

Hi All!

Longtime original CoX player, guild leader, RP'er and all around good guy just getting onto Homecoming today. Wow. So stoked! Question, I'm trying to make some of my original characters, but realize that a lot of the costume pieces are not available off the start. Any way to unlock all of the extra costume pieces?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome home!  Do you happen to have any screenshots of your old characters?  Maybe we can advise you if we had a few pics to work off of...

Welcome home, Lord Liberty!

If you are loading an old costume save file from live then the 'missing' pieces are very probably there, but the game just can't match them up.  Make a note of the pieces, use the costume fix, and then go hunting for the missing pieces in the costume creator.  If they are vanilla live costume files, they should all be there, including costume pieces that were previously unlockable or paid content.

I've found that even though the game says it can't find the costume pieces, they do actually show up on the saved costume selection page.  So what I usually do is save the 'fixed' version under a new name and keep re-saving as I'm rebuilding it.  Then I use the selection page to flick between the original and the rebuild so I can compare them easily.

17 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

but here on Homecoming we're basically told 'no' and not given a specific reason, we're just told there are 'lots of reasons' and that they didn't want to go into specifics. I tried to get a reason out of it and just got told 'it didn't look professional' (seriously, do NOT care about that but hey....I'm not in charge of the server).

There is a very big difference between 'they refuse to give us reasons!' and 'they gave me reasons, but I don't like them'.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

18 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

There is a very big difference between 'they refuse to give us reasons!' and 'they gave me reasons, but I don't like them'.

The reason they gave was 'it didn't look professional' which I personal thought was a meh reason not to do it but lets not get into that argument again, it just leads to people arguing in circles. I've already alienated enough people over this and I don't want to derail this thread any further.

2 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

The reason they gave was 'it didn't look professional' which I personal thought was a meh reason not to do it but lets not get into that argument again, it just leads to people arguing in circles. I've already alienated enough people over this and I don't want to derail this thread any further.

Frankly I am with you on this one. If they can be added to our list of options, and have been on another server, then they should enable them here.

2 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

Just for it. Think about how you will feel about this later. Do it

Edited by Snarky
  • Confused 1

On 2/6/2020 at 8:41 PM, Lord Liberty said:

Hi All!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome back to the fold!

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:41 PM, MTeague said:

I would like to see something like the PPD Hard Suit and PPD Shell pieces available to players, but .... that's so far down in the "it would be nice if" pile, and not even remotely approaching any kind of need.

I could go for those. I have a "cop" character who's pretty much limited to the basic "cop" uniform, and doing some recoloring of those same pieces for different costume slots.

15 minutes ago, RikOz said:

I could go for those. I have a "cop" character who's pretty much limited to the basic "cop" uniform, and doing some recoloring of those same pieces for different costume slots.

Sadly the PPD pieces, whilst they're in the dev only version of the CC they're one of the things that is ALL over the place. Like for example the gloves are actually in Head detail 2...not gloves. The chest piece is made up of two separate pieces that would be needed to meshed together in order to work and all round it would require quite a bit of faffing about in order to get the PPD Hardsuit stuff so I suspect that will be one of the costume sets we're waiting on for a while.