Fix for endurance issues on low level

Darkneblade

This issue present even this day although you can minimize somewhat with insp or endurance so's or 6 slotted endurance io's. So how do we fix it? Giving %50 recovery bonus on low levels can fix this. Bonus gets lower and lower when you get enough level. At level 50 bonus is entirely gone. Call it young energy or whatever. From level 50 onwards you can get %0.1 endurance reduction up to %25 endurance reduction for veteran levels. Since veteran people usually minimize energy usage hence reduction. Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Think you need some end issues at low level to help you get a feel for the way end works.

Its not very long nowadays .. near everyone just rockets to 22 doing dfbs.

I forget to mention, I'm mentioning just solo play right now. Sure you can team up with everyone until your end issues resolved but there are ATs playstyles that doesnt work with teams repel is one of examples. Generally solo play is end draining without another character to back you up. (Farming to level 50 then giving all influence to new character one of examples)

1 hour ago, Darkneblade said:

you can minimize somewhat with insp or endurance so's or 6 slotted endurance io's

Looks like you solved your own problem. Also keep in mind that the Rest power has zero recharge time. You can literally rest after every battle. I see no issue here. /JRanger

• Like 1
I'm out.

36 minutes ago, Darkneblade said:

I forget to mention, I'm mentioning just solo play right now. Sure you can team up with everyone until your end issues resolved but there are ATs playstyles that doesnt work with teams repel is one of examples. 

Yes, if you keep Repel on 24x7 you're going to have endurance problems.  I believe the power description even says it takes extra endurance for every enemy it repels. If you stand next to a foe you'll lose end super fast.

You get Stamina at level 1. Three-slot that, put some End reducers in your powers, and power through it like a hero.

2 minutes ago, Super Atom said:

I think part of the low level experience is not having the best endurance. Its quite literally apart of the growing in power experience of leveling.

Agreed, this is important. I'm not fond of the desire to make our home an afkmobilelarena game

• Like 1

The responses of this thread feel totally disjointed with the reality of actually playing the game (particularly if you don't DFB/AE).

I don't really like the OP suggestion for how to fix it, but all these responses are either "you should enjoy the suck and be happy about it" or "I don't have these problems because reasons."  They aren't helpful to someone leveling "classically."

My preferred fix is still to see SOs lowered to level 20 (purchasable from NPCs at 17).  That would fix a lot of early game frustrations for folks running the old story arcs for levels, as well as give SOs a purpose again.

2 minutes ago, Replacement said:

The responses of this thread feel totally disjointed with the reality of actually playing the game (particularly if you don't DFB/AE).

I don't really like the OP suggestion for how to fix it, but all these responses are either "you should enjoy the suck and be happy about it" or "I don't have these problems because reasons."  They aren't helpful to someone leveling "classically."

My preferred fix is still to see SOs lowered to level 20 (purchasable from NPCs at 17).  That would fix a lot of early game frustrations for folks running the old story arcs for levels, as well as give SOs a purpose again.

I always level "classically". I've never actually been involved in a "DFB", I don't even know what it stands for, though I've heard the term waved around as some sort of powerlevelling at the early levels.

• Like 1
I'm out.

Slot accuracy, miss less often.  Solves the issue when the cost of endurance meets the expected result of what ever offensive power is used.  When you get 25 and IO, basically a SO that doesn't wear off.

• Like 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

4 minutes ago, Replacement said:

I have never been in a dfb or dib, I loathe AE and never use it. I level by story arcs, missions and contacts.

I have toons from every AT and most powersets, and end is really not an issue, not because I buy specific io's but because, like I am sure you do as well, I have fun, play, learn and adapt. Through experience I have overcome the end problems there were self inflicted.

Honestly, this is more operator error on the OP's part.

• Like 2

@SwitchFade and @The Philotic Knight -- you are really reinforcing my point, here.  Your opinions don't feel reflective of the majority of players, to me.  PK, you actually suggested Resting after every fight as a reason to /jranger.  If that isn't the epitome of Dark Souls Masochism, I don't know what is.

Like I said, I don't really like the OP's solution, but I'm just saying: these responses aren't realistic.  I've actually done the work of fully outfitting a character in DOs at level 17, and melees and toggle-heavy Support toons still suck at these levels.  

That said, I should probably put down a point of clarification: I actually think levels 1-15 or so are perfect, as are 22+ if you take the time to drop in some basic IOs.  Everything falls apart as you cross that gap from 15 to 22, and the loss of "beginner's luck" (accuracy bonus all toons receive that dwindles, iirc, until disappearing completely at 20) right in that time certainly makes matters worse.

Rest's cooldown has been dropped to a piddly 30 seconds.  Compared to Issue 0, I'm drowning in Endurance these days!  And I -like- it!

I won't object to getting more Endurance, but . . . even without dipping in to Inventions or P2W temp powers, I think the low level Endurance problem -was solved- years ago, and only made even -more solved- since Homecoming.

Low Level Endurance has been addressed at least 4 times, by my reckoning.  This is probably as good as it's ever going to get.

2 minutes ago, Replacement said:

@SwitchFade and @The Philotic Knight -- you are really reinforcing my point, here.  Your opinions don't feel reflective of the majority of players, to me.  PK, you actually suggested Resting after every fight as a reason to /jranger.  If that isn't the epitome of Dark Souls Masochism, I don't know what is.

Actually, I DO love Dark Souls and Demons' Souls. The Souls' series is one of my favorites. I guess I grew up with Nintendo Hard, so finding anything that matches that in the modern era has been... a challenge. Most games just hand hold you through everything. It's been... frustrating for me.

I guess that's my reason for the /JRanger, because it would take some of that "Nintendo Hard" away from me at the early levels... which are actually (contrary to the opinion of most of the playerbase it seems), my FAVORITE part of the game. That's one of the reasons why I re-rolled my namesakes literally dozens of times on many, many different servers and brought him up to level 50 over and over again. All I can state is my opinion. This game should be all about OPTIONS. So, if it's a new "power" that gives newbie modern players that didn't grow up with Nintendo Hard a way for them to enjoy the game more? I'll only accept it if it's an OPTION, rather than mandatory. I'm frankly still kind of ticked that they dropped Travel Powers unlocking down to level 4, UGH.

• Like 1
I'm out.

Yeah, that's where I have to stop.  I'm sure you don't want to be subjected to my rant on Artificial Difficulty vs Difficulty (I loved Demon's Souls gameplay but the playerbase' inability to draw a distinction between these 2 concepts has created a parade of Awful in the "souls-like" sub-genre and oh look, there I go ranting again).

Suffice to say, I don't want inherent endurance, but I sure could go for a pick-me-up in the late teens.  A Prestige Endurance IO at the P2W could also work.

EDIT: but I still think SOs should be available at 17.  This isn't the only issue it would resolve.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1

Don't run all your toggles 24/7.  Don't spam your attacks as soon as they're ready.  Don't be afraid to take a few hits to allow yourself to recover some end.  Slot end reducers and lean toward powerset that include additional forms of end recovery.

• Like 1

I remember in beta and after we used to use rest in between mob groups, we auto instinct chose stamina at lvl 20. We six slotted it before ED.

Then ED came around and ugh. Then IO's and yay.

Then fitness became an inherent.

Never in the history of the game have you had so many options for endurance recovery.

When is the last time you had to Combat Rest to recover endurance well the rest of the team protected you during a fight with the Clockwork King?

I hate to do so, but it must be done /jranger.

5 hours ago, Replacement said:

Like I said, I don't really like the OP's solution, but I'm just saying: these responses aren't realistic.  I've actually done the work of fully outfitting a character in DOs at level 17, and melees and toggle-heavy Support toons still suck at these levels.  

That said, I should probably put down a point of clarification: I actually think levels 1-15 or so are perfect, as are 22+ if you take the time to drop in some basic IOs.  Everything falls apart as you cross that gap from 15 to 22, and the loss of "beginner's luck" (accuracy bonus all toons receive that dwindles, iirc, until disappearing completely at 20) right in that time certainly makes matters worse.

So should we get all pre-school up in here and lay out every individual option and strategy for managing endurance?

I'll start:

1. If you're an AT using Armor sets, open up the combat log.  Look at what damage types are being dealt.  In the pre-20 game, the mix of damage types aren't as varied.  Turn off toggles that don't protect you from the types they deal and turn them back on when you see a mob with the damage type it deals.  For positional defense sets, it's even more straight forward.
  2. Those armor toggles, don't bother slotting them.  Focus on slotting attacks with accuracy and endurance redux. Put some slots in them in the upper teens and then slot them with SOs or IOs.  It's not worth slotting them because Def/Res enhancements in general don't improve the stat totals by much (at most, you'd get half the toggle's total value tacked on).
  3. Yes, you can *TECHNICALLY* use Rest after every fight.  You don't have to but don't be stupid.  Use it to top off if you're struggling.
  4. Inspirations.  Don't keep a full tray unless it's filled with things you need.  Delete extra awakens you don't need, combine those oranges if they don't help you much, if you don't have mez protection, keep a few break frees but most importantly, if you keep running out of END, for f***s sake, dedicate some rows to blues.
  5. DFB.  You can even turn xp off so you don't rush through levels but get that +Acc and +Recovery buff then move on your marry way.
  6. Use all dropped END redux enhancements wherever they fit, combine them to ++ if you can  If your slots are empty, it won't hurt.
  7. Keep Acc enhancements up to date.  It's the main DO or SO you need to buy.  Missing wastes END.
  8. Craft those IOs.  Sell them.  Use them. There is no reason to complain about END after level 22 unless you just run sprint and your travel power 24/7.
  9. You can use the P2W vendor for a +recovery buff but I personally never bother.
  10. LOWER YOUR DAMNED DIFFICULTY!  If you can't get through a fight without being winded, put the foes at +0 or -1.  You can even, in turn, increase the number to compensate since lower level foes are easier to defeat and easier to land hits on while still giving you inspirations and drops.  More drops = more enhancements to slot or craft.  The same goes for Bosses.  If you're going into a slew of Freakshow and you're barely making it with END, you're a fool to keep Bosses on.

There are more but I'll spare your ego as I'm sure you know all of this.  For all the talk people put on about "if you want challenge, just up your difficulty" or "only use SO enhancements" it's pretty damning when people refuse to go the other way when the game is too challenging.  It's a 2-way f***ing street.  Stop trying to make it a one-way.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1