Focused Feedback: Costume Editor Updates (Build 4)

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • Changes from the previous build will be listed in green.
  • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (as in, not changes relevant to the live version of the game) will be listed in blue.

Costume Editor Update

• Now that the back-end costume changes have receiving enough stability testing, we're happy to bring you some long-awaited updates to the costume editor!
    • Please give these updates a thorough test and let us know if anything looks out of place!
  • Auras have been separated into two slots: Auras and Path Auras
  • Boots and gloves now have an asymmetrical toggle, which can be toggled off to allow separate left and right glove and boot selection
  • Not every set of gloves and boots are available in asymmetrical mode - some have been intentionally omitted, please do not report these as bugs
    • More pieces will be added as they pass internal testing and QA
    • All sets of gloves and boots remain available in symmetrical mode

image.png.5a8c73d6154064a5244214ab6153501b.png

The tooltips are reversed, this should read "switch to symmetrical". This will be resolved in the next build.

asym-2.thumb.png.5f96a05184234d4499adf3db11c54157.pngasym-1.thumb.png.a0ba864c15e170136111e5daf9e994a3.png

asym-4.thumb.png.e90b354fe068b5259a981725b5be8671.pngasym-3.thumb.png.2313a885339b556bd2664852fe9179bf.png

asym-5.thumb.png.004b81ae14c021d915bca4717dfaf3df.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy pinned this topic
  • Retired Game Master

Super exciting! I'm not able to log in to test, but I hope people can really stress this one, trying to find ways to break it - because I want these additions to hit Live ASAP! 😁🙏

• Like 2

• Retired Game Master
5 minutes ago, derixyleth said:

Although I suppose some shoulder bits are weird, like Spiked Collar, does that count as a left or right shoulder?

Non issue - not all would have to be done. Like with boots/gloves, if the ability to make right/left shoulder happens they would only apply it to ones which could be split like that and not just everything in the category. 

Edited by GM AmonRa
  • Like 1

I've found what I believe is a bug.  Selecting your Path Aura first and then set your regular aura second will cause the editor to clear the path aura your first selected.  It looks like it behaves if you select your regular aura first AND THEN your Path Aura.

I would like to say this again this is an amazing change and I'm beyond excited for someone who barely spends time in ICON/Costume Creator screen.  I look forward to more costume creator changes down the line!

• Like 4

This update is blessed.

However: I've noticed that "Cosmic Corsair 1 Pegleg Left/Right" is not an option for asymmetry...The wooden peg legs are also not available in asymmetry. Was that intended? It would be FANTASTIC if we could get double peg legs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Photon Cannon said:

This update is blessed.

However: I've noticed that "Cosmic Corsair 1 Pegleg Left/Right" is not an option for asymmetry...The wooden peg legs are also not available in asymmetry. Was that intended? It would be FANTASTIC if we could get double peg legs.

Double Peg Legs + Double Hooks was legitimately the first thing I tried. I hope these aren't in the 'intentionally omitted' category. 

Flies aura + Roaches path aura is gross.

• Haha 2

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

• City Council
12 minutes ago, Photon Cannon said:

This falls under "intentionally omitted", for now. Same for Black Knight variants, Ascension Radiance, and a few others. They should be there on the final Page 5 build.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• City Council
8 minutes ago, Super Atom said:

Any plans on shoulders being added to this feature?

(even if later in a different page)

Yes, those require a small bit of extra work to split the models since a lot of the shoulders have left and right pieces in a single geo together, but are on the radar for the next phase of the project.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, tetsensu said:

Would it be possible to get an additional regular aura slot, I would love being able to stack the halo aura with regular auras.

Agreed. I would love to see it as a second aura slot that functions just like the first.

Edited by Thomas

Count me on that too.  I want to be truly greedy and hope that it's possible to stack 4 auras in total! lmao.  2 Regular auras and 2 Path Auras or maybe 3 regular auras and 1 Path Aura or just 4 regular auras!  This change has made me drunk with power! AHAHAHA!

• Haha 1

• City Council
11 minutes ago, tetsensu said:

Would it be possible to get an additional regular aura slot, I would love being able to stack the halo aura with regular auras.

Not for Page 5. We consider it feature-complete with this patch and are moving to balance and bug fixes. If we keep piling stuff on Page 5, it'll never go to the live servers!

Edited by Faultline
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

If a list was written up would it be possible to add some of the missing aura options such as Fiery: Body and Eyes? 

Both options exist separately and even in partial states like Head [Hair + Eyes] and Fists, but there some combinations for some aura types "missing". 

There was a discussion on Reddit a while back where someone was messing about with auras and when I asked them about such they described it as being something akin to matching the known aura types in game to create the final design, so literally Body + Eyes from the existing picks. I can't say how accurate this may actually be but it would be nice to round out some of the missing areas that some auras cover. Or more accurately dont cover. 

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• City Council
30 minutes ago, tetsensu said:

As @Faultline stated, not in Page 5. But we have something else in mind for this rather than just adding another aura. Stay tuned. 😏

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1