Patch Notes for Forum Changes?

I've noticed a few changes hitting the forums right now.  Would it be possible to have all the changes listed out, similar to the game patch notes?

I also noticed about a week ago, the option to delete one of your own posts was changed to "Hide."  I've had a feeling that "Delete" was always hiding the Posts, since total Post Count didn't drop, so I didn't make a fuss about that.  Still, it would be nice to know for certain.

Pleases and thanks be unto yous!

21 hours ago, VileTerror said:

I've noticed a few changes hitting the forums right now.  Would it be possible to have all the changes listed out, similar to the game patch notes?

I also noticed about a week ago, the option to delete one of your own posts was changed to "Hide."  I've had a feeling that "Delete" was always hiding the Posts, since total Post Count didn't drop, so I didn't make a fuss about that.  Still, it would be nice to know for certain.

Quoted for full agreement.

• Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

22 hours ago, VileTerror said:

I used to be an admin on a different forum that used the Invision Power Board (which according to the tag at the bottom of the page this forum is also using, but a different version). On that system Hide and Delete are *technically* two different things and users are not normally given access to the Delete function.  Heck, on the board I was staff on Moderators weren't given that as that's a reserved function for top-level Administrators only. Reports & mod actions are still tagged to the Hidden post for tracking purposes, and Deleting posts can mess all that up making review of disputed mod actions difficult.

The Post Count not re-calculating was something that came up on the board I was admining. In older versions of the software the Post Count wouldn't recalculate for deleted posts unless the Admins ran a specific background process that would go through and recalculate *everyones* post count, which could take half a day or more. I think more recent versions fixed that bug so it didn't need the regen process anymore, but I'm not 100% certain.

Post counts definitely don't reflect an accurate number of posts.

I would often edit and re-post rather than admitting my bad spelling and grammar with an edit.. Also tried cleaning up some posts that didn't add much to long discussions.

C'est la vie

Edited by Troo
speeelz / irony

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council

The changes made have been very minor and should not have much impact on non-staff using the forums; this is why we did not feel that patch notes were necessary.

For transparency though:

• The border around staff posts is now very slightly brighter.
  • Lead GMs now use Orange as their group and highlight colour.
  • Permissions for hiding / deleting were tweaked. Allowing thread owners to delete entire topics (there's no separate permission for topic vs post right now) can be problematic for moderation. Users can now instead hide their posts from the public while keeping them visible to staff for the purposes of moderation.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

5 hours ago, VileTerror said:

er . . . "very slightly brighter?"

There weren't any borders rendering at all around staff messages before a couple days ago on my browser.

Not complaining, mind you.  It's an interesting feature.  Stands out very firmly.

Must have been an issue with your browser then, staff posts have always had a border for me.  <.<

Example from last month:

Short-lived_thread.thumb.JPG.9a0161a41609d1742851f09bd8dc1e27.JPG

As you can see, there is a difference in colour brightness.

@Cipher One issue I see with no longer being able to delete your own posts is that on occasion, the forums will glitch and you'll end up with a double post. Now we'd have to pester a GM to remove the dupe.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• City Council
1 hour ago, VileTerror said:

My browser doesn't show any background image either.   I am okay with that, though.  I prefer the pure colour'd background as it appears on my end.

What browser are you using? I've tested the forums on most modern browsers and haven't found any issues.

Edit: I see that Edge does not render the background (and it's possible it didn't render the borders < 100% alpha either). Unfortunately, edge's support of various modern web features is really spotty 😞

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

9 hours ago, Cipher said:

Edit: I see that Edge does not render the background (and it's possible it didn't render the borders < 100% alpha either). Unfortunately, edge's support of various modern web features is really spotty

People use edge for something other than it's designated purpose ?!

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Cipher said:

What browser are you using? I've tested the forums on most modern browsers and haven't found any issues.

Chrome - and I don't see any background images either.

• Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!

• City Council
2 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Chrome - and I don't see any background images either.

This is really odd - I've tested it on Chrome versions dating back about two years. What version of Chrome are you using?

Cipher

City Council

34 minutes ago, Cipher said:

This is really odd - I've tested it on Chrome versions dating back about two years. What version of Chrome are you using?

I'd also ask what extensions are being used, if any.  'Cause some of them will block certain stuff from loading.

1 hour ago, Cipher said:

Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

The only extension I'm using is AdBlock, and turning it off for the forums has no effect.

• Thanks 1

I see that there *is* a background image, but it's almost entirely covered by the actual forums part, so effectively all I get is blue on the edges with slightly darker blue near the middle occasionally visible in-between the reply boxes. So really, it's not much more than a gradient to me. the image itself is lost.

• 6 months later
  • 2 months later

Invision has updates to their software often and those changes are sometimes minor and sometimes major.  Depending on how the HC team applies the updates you may or may not see the changes.  You may review the general software updates on the Invision Community product update blog. https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/

Keep in mind some of the features listed on the product update blog may not be provided/enabled on this forum.  You also won't know which version of Invision Community the HC team is using, as they may custom features/code/changes.   

I may or may not have helped but hopefully, I did. 🙂

• Like 1

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

• 2 months later
  • City Council
58 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

This is what I'm seeing right now. 
Wasn't like this a couple days ago.

ForumsWeirdLook.thumb.jpg.d57bd3f786c87db7b1cfc11c38aec04f.jpg

You have somehow switched off of the default theme we use. You can change your theme back using the Theme dropdown at the very bottom of the page.

Cipher

City Council