What would be your Incarnate Trial team? (Before +shifts)

Makobolite

Hey guys, trying to flesh out an idea here and am thinking about what would be some good options / viable choices with regards to this.

Let's say you and your static team have now hit 50, and you want to start taking on the incarnate Trials, none of you have any level shifts, nor do you have alphas, so you're going to have to go about it the hard way. You jump into your initial Lambda's, BAFs, Keyes because these are the initial ones. You don't have any destinies to shoot your stats over the roof, and all the enemies got that +4 looming on you difference.

What would you want on your team to make this a more pleasant experience? My thoughts on some of the bare min of toons would be along the lines of . . .

TW/ Scrapper

Cold/ Defender

Brute/Tank that can 90% resistance(Or get close enough)

/Thermal, Pain, or Emp

I kind of want to run it with the bare minimum of players, 8/12 respectively, but for the first few ones at least until toons get incarnate'd out, I figure we'd need to have some amount of debuffs, -regen and the like.

What would you guys bring?

4 hours ago, Makobolite said:

Let's say you and your static team have now hit 50, and you want to start taking on the incarnate Trials, none of you have any level shifts, nor do you have alphas, so you're going to have to go about it the hard way. You jump into your initial Lambda's, BAFs, Keyes because these are the initial ones.

Before you even get into incarnate trials, keep in mind:

1)  Mender Ramiel's arc will immediately unlock your Alpha slot.

2)  You can get XP and incarnate components from all content.

So, if you wanted, you could do Ramiel's arc and then do regular content to get incarnate components so you could get your Alpha to tier 3 for a level shift before even setting foot in your first iTrial - if you wanted.

Doing a weekly strike target will get you a Notice of the Well and the level 50 task forces give guaranteed components at the end:

Ancient Nictus Fragment from Imperious

Dimensional Keystone from Kahn or Barracuda

etc.

This page on ParagonWiki lists where you get the different salvage:   https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Incarnate_Component

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Also the first DA arc can be ran in 9-15 minutes for an Emp merit, a common component, and another random component of any rarity. Then can be repeated without any cool down via Ouro. 

5 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Before you even get into incarnate trials, keep in mind:

1)  Mender Ramiel's arc will immediately unlock your Alpha slot.

2)  You can get XP and incarnate components from all content.

So, if you wanted, you could do Ramiel's arc and then do regular content to get incarnate components so you could get your Alpha to tier 3 for a level shift before even setting foot in your first iTrial - if you wanted.

Doing a weekly strike target will get you a Notice of the Well and the level 50 task forces give guaranteed components at the end:

Ancient Nictus Fragment from Imperious

Dimensional Keystone from Kahn or Barracuda

etc.

This page on ParagonWiki lists where you get the different salvage:   https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Incarnate_Component

Well, that's good to know, but also, the goal is to try to conquer the itrials with a group without any shifts to begin with, even if it might be a bit hard to start.

Actually you no longer have to do Mender Ramiel's Arc to begin opening the Incarnate Slots and earning Shards/Threads, it commences automatically once you level to 50. Just did it the other day on a Brute I have on Reunion. But I do need to get an Ouro-Portal one of these days.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

2 hours ago, Marine X said:

But I do need to get an Ouro-Portal one of these days.

Do it the crafty way -- go to Echo: Galaxy City, zip over to the tram, and come to Ouroboros the back way, then get the exploration badge and your portal.

• Like 1

Forgot about that, thanks.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I'm assuming you're going to run these trials short handed instead of joining in on the public groups.

So, assuming short handed, what's needed for each trial.  BAF requires a ton of AoE damage in different locations to pass the prisoner phase.  You also need to be able to juggle agro from 2 AVs at the end to avoid getting sequestered.   Although, maybe you just assume you're going to get sequestered and you use all ranged DPS and ranged heals to avoid anyone else getting caught in the circles.  BAF would be hard with a small team, but running with a full league makes it trival.

Keyes is longer and more complex.  Although, I don't know that any one part is particularly difficult, there's a lot to it.  There are ticks of damage to all league members during one phase, so you'd absolutely need some solid group heals.  You'll need someone to tank Anti-matter.  Energy resists are good here.  A Buffer to help boost defenses and add heals will help.

Lambda is probably the easiest with a small team.  It's basically a dungeon crawl with a big boss at the end.  A standard team could do this.  A tank is needed.  I'd recommend a buffer or 2 to get everyone's defenses up over 60 and add some healing.  And then load up with high DPS to speed things up.  Ranged DPS tends to be safer and you don't have to stop attacking to move out of nova-fist radius, but any good DPS will do.

OK.. so, based on that... i'm going to say an ice defender or corrupter for defense buffs plus one other buffer to add something that isn't defense... heals/resists/absorb, etc.  An electric tank for tanking (Because Energy damage is very common in these battles), but really any tank with high resists will do.  And some high DPS blasters and scrappers to round out the team.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

time/sonic defender - provides defense, healing, and debuffs

fire/fire blaster -dmg deler

TW/bio scrapper - dmg dealer

Fire/kin controller- CC, Buff

SS/invul tanker -aggro management

arachnos soldier - leadership

gravity/psi dominator - wormhole, -regen

ice/sonic corruptor - slow, resistance buff

ninja stalker -ghosts missions and takes out enemy support in fights

not an optimal performance team by any means but I thought of using each AT only once, and wanted them all to have a role on team. After unlocking incarnate slots teams become overpowered anyways so any team works well. This team is pretty well balanced before those slots.

On 3/12/2020 at 2:17 AM, Makobolite said:

Well, that's good to know, but also, the goal is to try to conquer the itrials with a group without any shifts to begin with, even if it might be a bit hard to start.

Cool, but that wasn't clear to me from:
" Let's say you and your static team have now hit 50, and you want to start taking on the incarnate Trials, none of you have any level shifts, nor do you have alphas, so you're going to have to go about it the hard way. "

I couldn't tell if you felt you were stuck doing it 'the hard way' or looking forward to it.  🙂

Also, a thread like this one has pretty broad appeal so I think a lot of people who are about to start incarnate content might be checking it out.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:12 AM, Marine X said:

Actually you no longer have to do Mender Ramiel's Arc to begin opening the Incarnate Slots and earning Shards/Threads, it commences automatically once you level to 50.

Yep, but it's FASTER to do Ramiel's arc to unlock it.  Also, you get some free shards at the end.

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Cool, but that wasn't clear to me from:
" Let's say you and your static team have now hit 50, and you want to start taking on the incarnate Trials, none of you have any level shifts, nor do you have alphas, so you're going to have to go about it the hard way. "

I couldn't tell if you felt you were stuck doing it 'the hard way' or looking forward to it.  🙂

Also, a thread like this one has pretty broad appeal so I think a lot of people who are about to start incarnate content might be checking it out.

Yea, I think I could have clarified that a bit better, so far, I've got a TW/Bio scrapper and a Illu/Rad troller who'd be coming to the table. From there, I'm just looking at what else would fill out the slots well. Once all the level shifts get acquired, it'll be a lot easier, but initially it'll probably be a bunch of Lambda runs before anyhting else.

On 3/11/2020 at 11:05 PM, MunkiLord said:

Also the first DA arc can be ran in 9-15 minutes for an Emp merit, a common component, and another random component of any rarity. Then can be repeated without any cool down via Ouro. 

Also via the base item which lets you do flashback content.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Incarnate Teams: (1,2,3,...)

Invul Tank

Kin Corruptor

Defender (any)

Controller

2 Brutes

2 Blasters

I honestly think there are MANY great options, but if you had to pick one team this would be hard core.  I am sure someone has crunched the numbers.  would hope to get some type of debuffer in.  I think the Tank is self explanatory, The Brutes could be more "farm-type" builds, slightly squishier with damage auras. The Kin is something I would see as very nice, most incarnates do not need speed boost, cant hurt though.  But Fulcrum Shift.  UG with a side of Lee. That clears hard pockets in less time than it took to type this sentence.

a pug.

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.

22 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Yep, but it's FASTER to do Ramiel's arc to unlock it.  Also, you get some free shards at the end.

Not sure about that.  IIRC the Ramiel arc was just agony to do on a tanker, especially when the Trapdoor strategy that actually worked was removed.  Fortunately I had done it on most of my melee 50s first back on Victory.  Had to beg a controller to come to the mission the few times I tried afterwards. 

As to the OP, my contribution would be a WP/Mace/Earth Mastery tanker; Quick Sand actually helps on BAF.   Archery/Devices blaster, Water/WP sentinel, Spines/Bio scrapper, Anything/Time MM, and Rad/Anything controller. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 3/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, Heraclea said:

Not sure about that.  IIRC the Ramiel arc was just agony to do on a tanker, especially when the Trapdoor strategy that actually worked was removed.  Fortunately I had done it on most of my melee 50s first back on Victory.  Had to beg a controller to come to the mission the few times I tried afterwards.

I think they also nerfed Trapdoor with his "bifurcate and start to regen" effect.  My stone/stone tank soloed him just fine (did not need Granite, nor did I use Hasten).  I brought along help mainly for the minotaur since he's a big bag of hit points.

I agree that, once upon a time, Trapdoor was REALLY hard.  He was challenging even to my scrapper back on live.  Nowadays, not so much.