2nd account

Snarky

I have never set up a set up a 2nd account and now I want to for farming.

I can't really find any straight answers and every ime I try to do anything with setting up an account everything defaults to my primary account.

sooo.   how do I do this?

You might need to log out here and then go through registration again. I can't recall, but I believe I have two forum accounts even if they aren't both needed. I never use the other one.

Just note when dual boxing you need to be playing under the threshold for the recommended server count, which is 1.5K.

• Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

13 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

You might need to log out here and then go through registration again. I can't recall, but I believe I have two forum accounts even if they aren't both needed. I never use the other one.

Just note when dual boxing you need to be playing under the threshold for the recommended server count, which is 1.5K.

You nailed it. 

44 minutes ago, FourSpeed said:

Yep.

Basically, all you need to run two accounts is two (different) email addresses.

Register each separately, and Voila - you have two accounts.

Regards,

If you have Gmail you should be able to use the same email address, just put a period in it somewhere. Google sees [email protected] the same as [email protected] but most websites will see it as two different email addresses.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

If you have Gmail you should be able to use the same email address, just put a period in it somewhere. Google sees [email protected] the same as [email protected] but most websites will see it as two different email addresses.  

Gmail also allows the "+" sign...  [email protected] or [email protected] for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

A data point for the sake of data. My farmer solo farms +2/x8 on common IOs. I tried doing the Comic Con 5 mission arc PLing a new character to see how it goes as I am just starting to dip into Incarnates. I still need to adjust better, but it was doable. I ended up +1 and the level 1 ended up level 27.8. Obviously I could do +3/x8 now and that would earn even more XP for a new build. If someone is okay with getting a build essentially to level 28 after a run, it is certainly can be done on commons if not more so with the level boost. Getting them to 50 will obviously be doable, but I would much rather run it at +3 or +4 for the sake of time.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

12 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Oh shit! That’s fantastic and would really help keep stuff organized. 

Before Amazon effed up their recommendations system (and stopped letting you easily mark stuff as "owned"), I had half a dozen Amazon accounts "[email protected]"...  Made it really handy for finding stuff in some of my more obscure and specialized interests.

• Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

OK, I am a journeyman player. Love this game but need a little guidence. WHERE do you go to register your second account? If you launch Tequila, it has no option to register a new account. I can't remeber how  even set this up last year... Thanks in advance!

UraniumOne

All account management is handled right here, in the forums.

You may only have one Game Account per Forum Account; so to make additional Game Accounts, you need additional Forum Accounts.

And as explained through the rest of this thread, calcoop; you will need different email accounts to register your Forum Accounts, but some services allow you to make "trick" accounts from a single email address.

I am probably not going to do this.  1st.  I get confused by tech pretty easy.  I rebooted my snd comp yesterday (the one I would use to dual box)  This is the one I have open to para wiki, forums etc, while I game on the better comp.  And lost all badger data.  600 on one toon, 500 on the other.  Note on Badger tracker.  It saves nothing...  Don't tell me how to fix it.  I am pissed.  Back to the original way of just sectoring off what need to be done, grinding through it, and eyeballing what I missed.

I was interested in it because I have some squishy Redside concepts, and Redside is...well, always has been, you know.  But I have enough SG mates and am not shy about joining ANY PUG.  Seriously.  I will even sit in at least one mission on a train wreck team just to see how other folks react.  Drama is fun.  I won't go two missions though.  THat is why I quit some TFs.  Posi1 and Posi2 seem really susceptible to crazy decisions like lets go at +3 and see what happens....  ya, no.  

Oh, and I play on Excelsior now, so unless I want to dual box at 3 am I am pretty locked out lol

Edited by Snarky

I will occasionally tribox during off times my three fire farmer brutes, just using 1 old laptop and alt+tab. Auto follow and and Auto Burn, alt tab to pop hybrid/assault, hasten, buildup/fieryembrace. It clears maps fast even through EB's and keeps a steady flow of influence all while I watch Netflix.

Dual boxing just takes a little patience to get the rhythm right, but once you do you're golden.

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Oh, and I play on Excelsior now, so unless I want to dual box at 3 am I am pretty locked out lol

Indomitable is a good choice, usually a low population.  Free server transfer and renames makes stuff easy for PL and INF transfer. Keep one name reserved for the desired alt you PL. (don't mean renaming every other day and server reshuffling, that's a hassle).

@ Incandesce  if you want help, that's my alt account.  On most mornings PST, 

(Smash @ together with Incandesce, someone uses it as a forum handle that isn'tme))

• Thanks 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Yeah, come to Indom you can PL meh 😝

Seriously, lower shard population means we all kinda feel like friends/family there.  Except those two folks who, inexplicably, hate me.  Come on in, the water's fine!

Edit....I'm gonna go hit up Outrider maybe he can PL meh hehehe 😝

Edited by EmmySky
Silliness needed to be cranked another notch!
  • Thanks 1

I dual box, I set up my rig, start a lil AFK farming and pl some concept that I have on my mind.

This has led to some really good builds that I thoroughly enjoy.

I don't pl them past 38, I do want to enjoy them I just cannot stand low lvl content and I think when you start getting to that area from 40-50/Incarnate is a great time.

Some builds I have stopped in the 20's and I am leveling that way, just because they are a fantastic team build and I want to enjoy it.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:19 PM, Snarky said:

Note on Badger tracker.  It saves nothing.

The badger site saves the badge data in the web browser cache, so likely either you cleared the browser cache manually, or perhaps your browser is set to auto-clear the cache on shutdown. That's assuming of course that you were looking for them on the same computer on which they were originally 'checked off' on the badger site.

• Thanks 1