I *JUST* learned...

Chuckers

So I've been going through the joy that is fighting fires in Steel Canyon with a non-Ice character. Finally, I got tired of the little punks relighting the fires I almost had out and summoned my BP Lore pets to do some damage.

The pets did what Incarnate BP tend to do to low level Hellions, then promptly turned and extinguished the fire I'd been fighting with one shot of their cold/negative attacks.

Oh...

Well *I* just learned something new. I don't think finishing up this badge set is going to be nearly as bad as I thought.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2020 at 4:48 PM, srmalloy said:

I didn't know about the teleport hack; the way I was shown to get there was to fly to the southeastern corner of the PI zone and move up the east barrier wall until you found the gap there that would let you out of the zone limits, then fly out to where the water stopped and duck under the map, then fly back to the arena. I know that method still worked at shutdown, because I parked a character in the Matrix room on the last day.

This was how I learned this too :)

On 6/5/2020 at 7:48 PM, srmalloy said:

I didn't know about the teleport hack; the way I was shown to get there was to fly to the southeastern corner of the PI zone and move up the east barrier wall until you found the gap there that would let you out of the zone limits, then fly out to where the water stopped and duck under the map, then fly back to the arena. I know that method still worked at shutdown, because I parked a character in the Matrix room on the last day.

There's another way, also.  Go to one of the half-buried buildings on 'monkey island' and log out next to a door that's buried in the ground.  When you log back in, you will come out of the door and be under the map.  Then fly to the matrix room under the map and type /stuck.  That will move you into the matrix room.  That's how I used to do it.  Then you can Recall your friends in.

• Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I didn’t know they had less “kicky” MA animations until this week. That’s what kept me from running one. Went out and rolled up an MA right after that. 

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• 5 months later
On 6/12/2020 at 6:28 AM, Marshal_General said:

Dr. Vahzilok is named after George Vasilakos, owner of Eden Studios (for whom Jack Emmert co-wrote several RPG books).

Would that mean the Eden zone was named for Eden Studios?

I just found out that swimming south in the Peregrine Island zone will eventually transfer you to the northern waters of the Talos Island zone.  (which all lines up on the city map)  Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to work that in reverse.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:33 PM, Techwright said:

I've mentioned it before in another thread months back, but I'd not previously known there was a secret submarine base in Atlas Park that not only had Ms Liberty as a trainer in it, but also had all the Freedom Phalanx and base-like teleporters next to them so you could launch your team's task forces from the sub base, rather than traveling to the zones, like we do.  It sounds spiffy, and it is, except the only vendor there is a merit vendor.  Had the base a standard vendor next to Ms Liberty, this would be my default place to avoid the crowds under Atlas.

Also, I can't believe I didn't know this for the year I've been back in the game, but I just realized there's an "echo" tram system that connects all the Echo zones and Orobouros. (This was set up after I left the original game, I think.) If you use either a base with portal to one of the Echo zones, or the cosmic base portals to any Echo zone, you should be able to take the Echo tram straight into Oro, theoretically before you're 14, bypassing the O-portal restriction. (I've not tested the security rank restriction, but I have ridden the Echo tram network to the big O. )   

Just this past week I finally paid attention to the neighborhood names in Dark Astoria and realized one of them must have been named for Sam Raimi, of "The Evil Dead" fame.  I'm now wondering what other neighborhoods have homage names.

Interesting. How do you get to the secret sub base? My search fu has failed me.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

30 minutes ago, Force Redux said:

It's in the big lake.  There are a few doors around the edge of the lake.  One is the hidden base while the others are mission doors (and normally inaccessible).

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

12 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

It's in the big lake.  There are a few doors around the edge of the lake.  One is the hidden base while the others are mission doors (and normally inaccessible).

Specifically its on the east side of the lake...a cave door.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Force Redux said:

It's called Fort Trident -- I think it even has a marker on the map, but I could be wrong about that bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

49 minutes ago, Force Redux said:

5 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

Specifically its on the east side of the lake...a cave door.

2 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

It's called Fort Trident -- I think it even has a marker on the map, but I could be wrong about that bit.

image.png.4255d389944019bef959297b1738bd62.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The renaming of summoned pets even extends to the energy fount that is summoned by the controller ATO proc.  My newest controller is the Laird of Kinfyre, who just turned 50 today.  His imps are Laphroaig, Glenfiddich, and Johnnie Walker, but the orb is Cutty-sark. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 6/6/2020 at 12:48 AM, srmalloy said:

The method I knew was logging out up north on Monkey Island where there was a door partially buried under the terrain, then, when you logged back in, you walked out of the door, under the terrain and fell to your doom unless you had flight or decent reactions on TP.  I think that method got patched a fair bit before shutdown.

2 hours ago, Li_Sensei said:

The method I knew was logging out up north on Monkey Island where there was a door partially buried under the terrain, then, when you logged back in, you walked out of the door, under the terrain and fell to your doom unless you had flight or decent reactions on TP.  I think that method got patched a fair bit before shutdown.

Kind of.  I went to test this today.  They fixed the places that used to work, apparently by removing the doors on the buildings.  However, I found another spot that worked but there's no point now.  It used to be the only way to get into the 'matrix room' but you can just walk in from the arena now.  Also, when I did the /stuck command from under the arena, it put me all the way upstairs in by the terminals instead of in the matrix room.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:03 AM, SwitchFade said:

I learned a few months back there's a building in atlas with a glass dome room at the top...

That you can enter if you click on the door at the base of the building

Similar building in Kallisti Wharf....and there's one in Destroyed Galaxy too.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

33 minutes ago, Scientist said:

What are the coordinates of the Atlas, Khallisti and Destroyed Galaxy buildings?

The one in Kallisti is on the Christie Square side, almost at the south wall.  Atlas Park? I think that's in the south east corner.  And Destroyed Galaxy?  You can SEE it out beyond the statue of Galaxy Girl but you can't get to it.  It's the same building though.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 11/29/2020 at 1:59 AM, Heraclea said:

The renaming of summoned pets even extends to the energy fount that is summoned by the controller ATO proc.  My newest controller is the Laird of Kinfyre, who just turned 50 today.  His imps are Laphroaig, Glenfiddich, and Johnnie Walker, but the orb is Cutty-sark. 

Renaming also extends to the 'Signature Summons' characters.

• Thanks 1