Hail of Bullets damage missing (Blaster)

Kommon

I noticed something odd about the damage being dealt by Hail of Bullets on my Blaster yesterday.  Here is the detailed power info:

image.thumb.png.abf0d7244a2840fb321d2ce26918a6e2.png

According to the power details, HoB will have a 60% chance for each tick of damage, and deal 70% of the damage in lethal and 30% of the remaining damage in lethal/fire/cold/toxic, depending on what ammunition type is being used.  While running around testing powers and looking at my combat log, I noticed that HoB was only dealing the 30% portion of damage to targets.  For example, I run up to a Possessed Scientist and use HoB while toxic ammunition is toggled on:  the scientist takes 10 ticks of toxic damage, but zero no lethal.  I try again with another target but this time with fire ammunition toggled on:  The Possessed Scientist takes 8 ticks of Fire damage of equal strength to the toxic damage from the last test plus 3 additional ticks of -extra- fire damage due to the ammunition type chosen.  I did one more test using standard ammunition with the same results as the previous two tests except in lethal damage.  As far as I can tell, the combat logs seem to be telling the truth, as the HP loss from my targets are very minimal for the amount of damage that is supposed to be delivered from HoB, and the numbers above each target's head matches what I see in the combat log during HoB's animation.

To run further tests, I made an AE map with nothing but level 50 AVs with no attack nor defensive powers as DPS dummies.  With this method, the full HoB salvo could be logged instead of only the first two ticks before the targets were defeated if I had used low level mobs.  I enabled chat logging, ran four tests of three casts using each ammunition type against a group of five targets, and copied/pasted each test into their own text file without any special formatting.  They are attached below.

For these tests, Hail of Bullets was slotted with 1 Accuracy and 3 Recharge SOs for all tests.  Afterwards, I slotted 2 Damage SOs in the power as well to see if that would make any difference; the only change was how much each tick of damage was being dealt, which was 66% more... I didn't bother with logging this part.

I only have a DP Blaster, so I am not sure if this issue is present with other ATs.

HoB-Cryo.txt HoB-Incendiary.txt HoB-Standard.txt HoB-Toxic.txt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later
On 6/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, Kommon said:

noticed something odd about the damage being dealt by Hail of Bullets on my Blaster yesterday

So I took a look at some of the details of the power and it appears the Blaster version of HoB has its big lethal portion of damage ticks (the ticks that use 0.3178 scale, not the 0.1362 scale) set to 0 percent_chance. The defender and corruptor version has this same effect set to 100%.

So you appear to have found a bug in the Blaster version, certainly. 

@Jimmy, if this truly is the cause of the bug, can we get it fixed? Changing a 0 to a 1 is hopefully all we need.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 minute ago, josh1622 said:

It's bugged on my defender too.

1 hour ago, redshirt said:

Can confirm this on Live for Sentinel as well. Can get combat logs if necessary.

Can you guys provide logs? I just saw a discrepancy in the Blaster version but I wouldn't think it'd affect the other ATs. What exactly are you guys seeing?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

This perhaps is unrelated, but I noticed on Sentinel DP that when you activate the offensive vulnerability using incendiary bullets when your bar is full that it never seems to get damage ticks to go off.  I tried over and over and could never get the damage ticks to activate when doing this

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

@Bopper @Captain Powerhouse

I got on my Sentinel and ran AE Arc ID 9016, fighting single even-level boss (ie orange) Tank Dummy targets for 5 runs of each Incendiary and Standard Ammo.

My Sentinel is Dual Pistols / Super Reflexes. 

Hail of Bullets is 6-slotted with Attuned Obliteration

All powers were toggled off, no temps, no insps, no Opportunity use beyond what was applied by each use of Hail of Bullets.

Results below:

Spoiler

Incendiary Ammo Full Log

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 46.10.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 4.4 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 4.53 points of Fire damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage for 59.31 points of Smashing damage.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 4.4 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 10.99 points of Fire damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 4.53 points of Fire damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 10.99 points of Fire damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 16.79 points of Fire damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 10.69 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 16.79 points of Fire damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 10.69 points of Lethal damage over time.

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 87.92.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage for 59.31 points of Smashing damage.

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 49.70.

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 23.90.

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 58.43.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 4.52 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 10.99 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 4.52 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 10.99 points of Lethal damage over time.

Spoiler

Standard Ammo Full Log

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 71.26.

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 41.30.

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 44.95.

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 23.76.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 4.17 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 10.14 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 4.17 points of Lethal damage over time.
You hit Tank Dummy with your Hail of Bullets for 10.14 points of Lethal damage over time.

HIT Tank Dummy! Your Hail of Bullets power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 52.49.

Incendiary Ammo Test Damages:

(Remember, 59.31 of each except the last is from Obliteration's damage proc)

358.94, 339.67, 370.15, 313.93, 302.46

Standard Ammo Test Damages:

(Obliteration proc'd on all 5 for 59.31)

288.17, 291.95, 279.37, 235.2, 214.61

It's interesting how highly variable the damage output of the power is compared to other T9 PBAoE nukes. When I get more time I want to do testing with multiple targets and get some regex's in there for easier parsing of the spam.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xanatos said:

Have any of the devs commented on this bug yet?

I rarely see the devs comment on bugs like this. Posted something about Frigid Shield and Focused Accuracy on Sentinels being bugged (toggled off during mez) without a word from the devs. Same with a Martial Assault bug months ago. No word, but that one was fixed. So, good luck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Waypoint said:

I rarely see the devs comment on bugs like this. Posted something about Frigid Shield and Focused Accuracy on Sentinels being bugged (toggled off during mez) without a word from the devs. Same with a Martial Assault bug months ago. No word, but that one was fixed. So, good luck.

Sup Voltium. Long time!

Ah okay. Fingers crossed they get to it, then.

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

This has been fixed internally, but the next batch of powers fixes might not be out for a little while.

Ah glad to see you folks got to it. Cheers for the update. :)

City of Heroes Class of 2001.