Great to be back

grshoppa

I played COH from day one till the day it shut down. Needless to say I was bummed when it did. I just found out that it was back up. Outstanding job to the ones that brought it back to us.

I used to subscribe to the game. Well worth what the monthly payment was. I would like to donate monthly.. Is that possible ?. I read one post that mentioned that donations were closed for June

• Like 3

Donations open up on the end of the month for as long as it takes for donors to cover the monthly bills.  I've only been able to donate once because the donation system shuts down as soon as the monthly goal is met which happens very fast! I think the longest it's taken was like four days.  June's bills were covered within 30 minutes of the donation window opening 😮

• Like 1

Oh man, if you're just getting back, next time after you exit a mission, just type /ah in the chat window.  That about floored me when I was told about it.

Edited by roleki
  • Like 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

And after seeing the joy of /ah go ahead and add a base code to your base (which costs nothing to build as crazy as you like) and then create a macro button for it using /macro BASE enterbasefrompasscode <whatever your base code is here>

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

17 hours ago, Apparition said:

There is a monthly donation window the last Saturday of every month.  So the next one would be Saturday, June 27th.  It usually opens up around 2 P.M. ET/11 A.M. PT.

I thought that time was off by an hour so I checked to be sure.

Per the donation and finances FAQ post https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/14674-donations-finances-faq/

the donation window typically starts at 19:00 UTC.  That is actually 3PM in the Eastern time zone, noon Pacific time.  Of course, this will shift in November.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:54 PM, Machariel said:

Donations open up on the end of the month for as long as it takes for donors to cover the monthly bills.  I've only been able to donate once because the donation system shuts down as soon as the monthly goal is met which happens very fast! I think the longest it's taken was like four days.  June's bills were covered within 30 minutes of the donation window opening 😮

It actually took 4 days once?  Longest I heard of before they got their month's expenses and shut it off was under an hour.  Their expenses are like $5-6k/month, so it fills pretty fast.  

I didn't know about the donations until a couple of months in, so I missed those.  But, I've been donating pretty much every month since, and I've never seen it take more than a few hours.  Never days.

What was no more, is REBORN!

On 6/11/2020 at 12:28 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

And after seeing the joy of /ah go ahead and add a base code to your base (which costs nothing to build as crazy as you like) and then create a macro button for it using /macro BASE enterbasefrompasscode <whatever your base code is here>

Your free base which does not require prestige.

Welcome to the non-greedy CoH! Lucky you!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)