So Long, and Thanks for All the GMing!

So, tonight I came across something which caused my heart to sink a little:

image.png.3afe44ff254fa3883ac21fde72ac6470.png

*em salute*

Thank you, @GM Sijin for all the support and assistance that you provided.  I really appreciated your help and your remarkable approachability.  I'm sorry to see you're now retired from GM service.

Likewise, I would like to thank all the other GMs who have been unable to continue in their roles, but who had provided help and assistance to the many players here.  All while being volunteers.

Best wishes to each of you, and I hope you are still able to find the time to enjoy this game and this community in ways which are meaningful and fulfilling to you.

(On a less sombre note, folks; don't forget that https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/16240-give-a-gm-a-little-positivity/ is still a thing if you want to send a current (or past) GM some positivity.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• Retired Lead Game Master

GM Sijin was an amazing GM - thanks to him for everything he did for the community and the countless people he helped! 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

• Retired Game Master

I didn't get a chance to get to know Sijin, but I hope myself, and the other new GMs can help fill the gap left by those that are stepping back.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I didn't know Sijin at all, but I wanted to thank all the GMs and everybody else involved in the project because despite the zillions of other people doing the same, You Always Want a Little More Love. That's the name of my motown smash hit.  😉

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 1

• Retired Game Master

Thanks all. I hope to one day return to helping the wonderful people in our community.

Until then, remember to be excellent to each other, and to yourself!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

Thanks all. I hope to one day return to helping the wonderful people in our community.

Until then, remember to be excellent to each other, and to yourself!

Station!

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 7/6/2020 at 12:16 AM, GM Brax said:

I didn't get a chance to get to know Sijin, but I hope myself, and the other new GMs can help fill the gap left by those that are stepping back.  

I think yall will do great! But part of being a GM is sending me 3 billion influence a month for overhead costs. Now some people may make claims like I'm 'lying' or 'making stuff up' or that I'm an 'idiot' but ignore them. They are unreasonable with their relentless logic and fact based opinions. I'm simply letting the new GMs know about tribute overhead costs of running a functional forums and game servers. You know, to help out or something like that.

• Retired Game Master
1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

I think yall will do great! But part of being a GM is sending me 3 billion influence a month for overhead costs. Now some people may make claims like I'm 'lying' or 'making stuff up' or that I'm an 'idiot' but ignore them. They are unreasonable with their relentless logic and fact based opinions. I'm simply letting the new GMs know about tribute overhead costs of running a functional forums and game servers. You know, to help out or something like that.

Hmmm...I suspect there might be some subterfuge afoot here, which might be an attempt to exploit my "noob" status.  😵😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, GM Brax said:

Hmmm...I suspect there might be some subterfuge afoot here, which might be an attempt to exploit my "noob" status.  😵😉

This isn't the subterfuge you're looking for...<generic hand wave>