Give a GM a Little Positivity!

After a dumpster fire of a thread showed up earlier today, I thought now would be a good time to express a little appreciation for specific stuff that the Homecoming Team does that you feel sets them above and beyond the (emphasis here:  Volunteer) call of duty!

Remember:  Let's keep this purely positive.  Encourage the Team to do the things you love them for.  

Any criticisms or concerns can be directed in private, where they'll probably go over more smoothly.

Thanks to all of the GMs and members of the Homecoming Team for their dedication to monthly costume contests, with special thanks to GM Miss for being so involved with those events!

• Like 26
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Retired Lead Game Master

Our GM team is full of amazing volunteers that I am grateful to call friends. I am happy to be a part of the team every single day. 🙂 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

I will say this specifically toward @Jimmy

Thank you for putting up with me being kind of an asshat about things. It took someone else being in the exact same position I was to go "huh...so that's what that looks like from the outside...wow...I was kind of a douchebag about it..." unable to see past my own personal wants and desires (I mean who doesn't want more costumes, everyone wants more costume options, we want to be showered in them like some kind of creepy clothes shop based showering session...or something...).

So yeah...sorry about all that...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MetaVileTerror said:

After a dumpster fire of a thread showed up earlier today, I thought now would be a good time to express a little appreciation for specific stuff that the Homecoming Team does that you feel sets them above and beyond the (emphasis here:  Volunteer) call of duty!

Remember:  Let's keep this purely positive.  Encourage the Team to do the things you love them for.  

Any criticisms or concerns can be directed in private, where they'll probably go over more smoothly.

Thanks to all of the GMs and members of the Homecoming Team for their dedication to monthly costume contests, with special thanks to GM Miss for being so involved with those events!

I don't particularly much like you, but from time to time you do make some pretty impressive and heart felt posts. Thanks. You get a +1.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Devs, your time spent working on this game so that EVERYONE can play is very appreciated. Most of us don't expect any of you to be perfect, we are all human and we are all subject to have imperfections, but it's what is in your heart that counts. And your heart is in this game just like the rest of us. So for this, thank you very very much, from the bottom of my heart.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, DR_Mechano said:

I will say this specifically toward @Jimmy

Thank you for putting up with me being kind of an asshat about things. It took someone else being in the exact same position I was to go "huh...so that's what that looks like from the outside...wow...I was kind of a douchebag about it..." unable to see past my own personal wants and desires (I mean who doesn't want more costumes, everyone wants more costume options, we want to be showered in them like some kind of creepy clothes shop based showering session...or something...).

So yeah...sorry about all that...

I like costume options. Go. Make. Make Costumes.

• Like 3

As Snarky as I am (I got called out in game for "I saw what you posted on the boards and almost did not invite you" - to which I am still scratching my head over.  I am grouchy but not recruiting (openly) for minions in my world domination schemes) I sincerely want to thank the GM team and all the 1337 geeks who have made this possible.

For whatever reason you choose to devote your time and talents to dragging this half dead game back to life, fighting those who threw away the corpse but still want it, and putting up with the cacophonous roar of the living dead gamers who want ….EVERYTHING.  I salute you.  For whatever that is worth.  THANKS!

• Like 5

I've said this a lot in other threads, but I am incredibly appreciative for everything the current devs do.  I know you are volunteering and not making a penny out of it.  I didn't realize how much I missed CoH until it came back.  I was a little sore about the whole secret server thing for seven years, but meh, what's seven years amongst friends?  Thanks to all the GMs and all the players.  You complete me.

• Like 10

Who run Bartertown?

I have said on many occasions that getting to play this game again is a very rare second chance that life seldom grants to anyone.  I feel fortunate every time I successfully log in, and play the only game I've ever wanted to play since the very first time in 2004.  None of this would be possible without you guys keeping it going every day, and continuing to actually make it better!

So here's to ya boys (and girls) of the Homecoming Dev team!  May Paragon City live forever, and the wings of justice never lose a feather!

• Like 10

What was no more, is REBORN!

After Years trying to find something to fill the Hole left behind by the CoX sunset, Titan Network launched Titan Icon. If you have never seen it, It was basically a single player Paragon city with no powers, no badges, no people, that you could spawn and place Characters in. It was great to see the City but also very sad. Paragon Chat was much better with it's XMPP Server setup and multiple players and complete world badge hunting, finally something to DO, ( Thanks Codewalker ).

And now here we are.

Homecoming is the answer to the prayers of an entire community. As a result of the hard work of the Homecoming Team we have our City back, we have a 64 Bit Client, we have a new Archetype, we have new content, we have new power choices, all from a Volunteer Team who found a way to make this all not only possible but viable.

I appreciate everything they have done and will do in the future. Thanks folks, If you ever need something, just ask.

Salute.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Mhm, I've had good vibes from GM interations too, mostly from Missy and Tempest. Not saying I have always agreed 100% with the decisions made, but honestly we are lucky to have such an active support team for such an aged game, not all games are so lucky that it has both an active team and host, as well as such an active community too.

• Like 5

Yay!  Can you guys post a video conference of GMs discussing future plans?  Or anything, really.  I would just *love* to hear you guys "talk shop" about CoX!!!!!

Thanks, guys!

• Haha 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

• City Council

What a lovely thread!

I’m incredibly grateful for every member of our volunteer team and love working with them every day! The hard work they put in behind the scenes is often unknown but highly appreciated!

In reverse, thanks to all of the incredible players in this community. Your excitement and commitment to being a part of this game brings our team such joy! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I have some perspective on this, as I spent quite a few years as an administrator for a gaming community with its own forums and passworded online games with scores of players active every night.  The number of evenings I spent quietly working on forum postings, community policies, and chasing troublemakers out of the passworded games while everyone else got to play wore heavily on my determination to do my best in the role, but I stuck to my principles.

There were always a few individuals espousing conspiracy theories about the admins and griping about policy and whatnot, but by and large I think people appreciated a safe, moderated community.

It's a LOT of work, and it does take play time away from the people who love the game the most (so much so that they volunteer their time so others can play!), so I will always support and appreciate what they do!  Especially from my comfortable position outside the volunteers this time.  🙂

• Like 8