What IOs do you think are too cheap or too expensive for what they do?

Yomo Kimyata

Just curious what people think, and it’s been too long since an ebil post!  I’m not talking about what is temporarily cheap or expensive, but things you feel are out of whack for the value.

I get annoyed at how cheap the Force Feedback +recharge is, and it surprises me every single time.  IMO it’s an IO that should be in just about every KB power, so I always expect it to be 3-5mm.

What’s yours?

Who run Bartertown?

I feel like nearly the entire set of Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control is undervalued. I understand why people 'make do' with fewer pieces, but the set bonuses are just so good for certain ATs.

I'm also always surprised that Thunderstrike is always so cheap. I suppose folks are either leveraging ATO/Purple/Winter sets or cramming %Damage procs into Ranged Damage powers... and I know Thunderstrike is a uncommon set, but this is another set that gives 3.75% to positional Ranged defenses with 6-pieces. On several builds I feel like this set is the only reason to take an Epic/Patron ranged attack power! See also Scirocco's Dervish (even as this is a rare set). I always suspect that it is the %Lethal proc that contributes to suppressing prices of this set because "lethal is the most highly resisted damage type in the game".

I think that many crafters/sellers have seriously over-valued (non-Purple) proc pieces, especially those that don't do %Damage. I find it shocking that some sets have over 700+ pieces (some over 1200+) that are simply not selling.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tidge said:

I'm also always surprised that Thunderstrike is always so cheap. I suppose folks are either leveraging ATO/Purple/Winter sets or cramming %Damage procs into Ranged Damage powers... and I know Thunderstrike is a uncommon set, but this is another set that gives 3.75% to positional Ranged defenses with 6-pieces. On several builds I feel like this set is the only reason to take an Epic/Patron ranged attack power!

Same here.  I still have two full Thunderstrike sets on my main, down from four about a month ago.  (I finally replaced two with the Devastation and Gladiator's Javelin sets.)

Personally, I'm glad that things like Crushing and Thunderstrike are inexpensive. I use them pretty often.... But then, I'm usually on the opposite side of this from you guys. I'm the buyer more often than the seller when it comes to manufactured IOs. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Personally I fell that if your crafting something should sell for at least 1.5 times the cost to make. I see so many items that would sell for more at a seller then ww. on the otherhand I understand why some are listed low. people lowball the cost just for badges regardless of how much it cost to craft and that messes everyone up.

heres my way i price my items.

1- did it require 1 or 2 rare salvage to make. that's averages to 500k a pop in salavge *provided u don't have them on hand*

2- craft cost is average 500k *lil less*

3- add up your common and uncommon salavge. ranges from 100inf to 150k each

4- now times it by 1.5-5x

the most it should now cost any item to craft is 1.6mil alone.

so yellow recipes automatically go from 2m to 5mil

reds are 3m to 10 mil

and purps are 10mil to 30 mil

now to explain why red and purps would be higher is simple.

The rate of drops is far less. The demand has grown thus it goes up.

Yet somehow I see things that cost 1.6mil at most selling for less then 100k...

As both a vet player. a vivid farmer who enjoys the story content just as much and a ww market player This has me baffled.

And now that purple recipes have been decreased in how often they drop the purple prices in a few months will skyrocket to 50 maybe even 100mil.

2 hours ago, Xcillion said:

And now that purple recipes have been decreased in how often they drop the purple prices in a few months will skyrocket to 50 maybe even 100mil.

And yet, purple recipes and IOs have plummeted.  It's almost like there's too much supply!

Who run Bartertown?

23 hours ago, Xcillion said:

As both a vet player. a vivid farmer who enjoys the story content just as much and a ww market player This has me baffled.

Merits should keep a check on anything going over 25 million.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

This is what I don't get: 

Glad Armor 3% Def (all) vs. Steadfast Protection 3% Def(all)/Resist

The glad sells typically 10-11M Sometimes, more, sometimes less. 

The Steadfast sells for 4-5M. Sometimes more, sometimes less. 

Both are slottable at level 7. While it's true the Steadfast caps at level 30, so the strength of the resist portion is capped at that level (unless you boosted, but it still wouldn't be a level 50 resist level protection), but the Glad Armor's extra only protects against tp in a pvp zone. Other than Chimera, I don't think any NPCs we face use a tp-foe. (And Despite all my characters having a Shield Wall and a Glad Armor, I still get ported in the Magisterium) So why should the glad armor be worth twice as much? Both drop in pve. 

Granted the set bonuses of the Glad armor are better, but still...

On 7/21/2020 at 9:33 AM, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

It was decreased the same day as the global player accuracy nerf.

I believe this statement to be false. Show me the patch notes, because I think I'd remember this. 

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 8:31 AM, Xcillion said:

Personally I fell that if your crafting something should sell for at least 1.5 times the cost to make. I see so many items that would sell for more at a seller then ww. on the otherhand I understand why some are listed low. people lowball the cost just for badges regardless of how much it cost to craft and that messes everyone up.

heres my way i price my items.

1- did it require 1 or 2 rare salvage to make. that's averages to 500k a pop in salavge *provided u don't have them on hand*

2- craft cost is average 500k *lil less*

3- add up your common and uncommon salavge. ranges from 100inf to 150k each

4- now times it by 1.5-5x

the most it should now cost any item to craft is 1.6mil alone.

so yellow recipes automatically go from 2m to 5mil

reds are 3m to 10 mil

and purps are 10mil to 30 mil

now to explain why red and purps would be higher is simple.

The rate of drops is far less. The demand has grown thus it goes up.

Yet somehow I see things that cost 1.6mil at most selling for less then 100k...

What you have to understand is that when folks go shopping for Widgets, they never take into account the cost of manufacturing that Widget, nor the payroll required to keep the Widget workers housed and fed with enough to save for a future. All they care about is if the Widget is useful to them. 

So...you can craft as many rare stun recipes as you like, but (these are orange, not red on my computer) they are only useful to a small fraction of the community. Supply and Demand is what is influencing the prices, not the cost of crafting to some unknown person or people.  (We're all unknown people. Nobody has a clue what we crafted or put for sale. All they know is we're greedy for not listing them for 1 inf. 

Purple recipes may have dropped for you - but they have not dropped for me. I get them...pretty much every other day now that I've stopped farming. When I was farming, 3-4 a day was not a surprise. 1-2 a day was closer to average. If you search the forums - somewhere here I made a note of getting 4 purples within 11 minutes. Thought I broke something. Was just lucky. 

So, please, don't look at what dropped and assume that there was a stealth nerf. I promise you - you're just not that lucky. I, however, am that lucky. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ukase said:

This is what I don't get: 

Glad Armor 3% Def (all) vs. Steadfast Protection 3% Def(all)/Resist

The glad sells typically 10-11M Sometimes, more, sometimes less. 

The Steadfast sells for 4-5M. Sometimes more, sometimes less. 

Both are slottable at level 7. While it's true the Steadfast caps at level 30, so the strength of the resist portion is capped at that level (unless you boosted, but it still wouldn't be a level 50 resist level protection), but the Glad Armor's extra only protects against tp in a pvp zone. Other than Chimera, I don't think any NPCs we face use a tp-foe. (And Despite all my characters having a Shield Wall and a Glad Armor, I still get ported in the Magisterium) So why should the glad armor be worth twice as much? Both drop in pve. 

Granted the set bonuses of the Glad armor are better, but still...

Identical demand, but it is way easier to get the Steadfast.  Supply!

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 minute ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Identical demand, but it is way easier to get the Steadfast.  Supply!

Why do you think this is way easier to get? Both are for sale at the AH. It's only easier to get because it's cheaper - if they were the same price, would it be easier? 

Or do you think it's easier because it's an uncommon recipe vs pvp? 

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

Why do you think this is way easier to get? Both are for sale at the AH. It's only easier to get because it's cheaper - if they were the same price, would it be easier? 

Or do you think it's easier because it's an uncommon recipe vs pvp? 

The latter.  Also, if you are buying in merits one is significantly cheaper and occasionally gives converters a run for its money in terms of monetizing merits.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?