Anyone interested in a Hardcore(permadeath) SG on Reunion

gronbek

It's not hardcore if you aren't playing a melee blaster. Don't chicken out and play the "safe" ATs.

If you gonna be hardcore, BE hardcore.

Edited by Nemu
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

I have one parked at level 10. been busy with other alts. but lemme know if the SG is up and running 😃
The Hounds of Love had an effort several months back, but kinda fell apart after a while.

@Six-Six on Reunion
REDBack Six, Soldier of Arachnos

Current rules I have for him:
No help from alts (inf/IOs), no XP Boost, no DFB
No buying recipes, no purchases from AH (only selling)

TF/SFs are allowed but only if they're your current level or lower
Temp powers from P2W are allowed if you can afford them (except power/def amp and survival amp)

Level 1-19: +0 x1
Level 20-29: +1 x1-2
Level 30-39: +2 x2-4
Level 40-49: +3 x3-6
Level 50-T4 alpha: +4 x4-8
(it ends when T4 alpha is slotted)

No Reveal in caves 😃

Edited by Six Six

1 hour ago, Hexquisite said:

So, no blasters or scrappers?

None that survive!

Muahahaha!

(You might wanna track down SuperJoe and Spanky. They were doing this a few months ago, I dunno if they still are.)

6 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

But not all types make it to level 20 without at least one defeat.

You mean they are scripted by game to be defeated?

In that case it does not count.

Rules for this SG are quite simple.

No cheating :)

No rez of any kind.

No debt badge if there is one in game.

Otherwise its free to play the way you want really.

And I am the type of player that prefers to read up on stories and contacts lore in game so I am not rushing gameplay in any way :)

I'll get the SG started and post the details here.

8 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

So Elec/Fire/TBD blaster ... lives and errm ... in melee?

I was thinking AR/Ninja. It ticks all the hardcore boxes.

Melee - check

Melee do good damage? - lol

No aim/buildup - check

Redraws galore - check

Synergy - wut?

Hardcore level - Chuck Norris

There should be special badge for people that are hardcore enough to even make this combo.

• Haha 3

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Good luck with that. Could you image the if the SG was doing a group event like a hami raid, it goes south and the whole SG is wiped out. That would be epic.

• Haha 3

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

I have no characters on Reunion, but I'd make one to participate. 

I've actually been successful in getting to level 50 twice on a blaster with no defeats. And when I did get defeated eventually, 1 was during a hami raid, which was my fault for hitting inferno before the tanks jumped in  the GM scrum to get aggro. The other time was on some crazy No inspiration, MoITF for time, challenge. Speed kills. And I could have lived if I'd waited 20 more second for my barrier to come up. Or had the option of munching a luck. Them's the breaks. 

I should add, that I would up the difficulty gradually as I leveled. 

+1 at level 10, +2 at level 20, +3 at level 30, +4 at level 40. 

Edited by Ukase

I'm currently working on combining the old "MAN" project from Live (only powersets that an actual person could have), and my love of "Ironman Mode".  Guy McNormal.  Dev/AR defender on Excelsior.  Currently level 9, but I'm too scared to play him 🙂

Technically, AE farms or any power levelling are not allowed. But I suppose AE story maps are allowed as long as they're not set to control or remove a certain difficulty, like S/L or Fire maps, Lieut Maps, etc.

Edited by Six Six

Hmmm...you're giving me the idea for a character akin to Resurrection Man from DC Comics.  He'll always have the same name and same look, but after a defeat, he gets deleted (including all infl/salvage/enhancements/etc) and rebuilt as a new AT and if I cycle through ATs, I cycle through ATs with different powersets. No TFs, no teaming, purely soloing and anything goes as far as using any resource at my disposal (without being showered with inf from my main). If one makes it to 50, 1. I'll be impressed and 2. I won't delete him. 

To make it interesting, I'll just skip the "role" choice and just start at the top of the AT selections.  No trying for an uber build right out the gate.  Pick an AT and then choose primary and secondary based on the same "from the top of the list and moving down" rule. 

mr_resurgence.jpg

Edited by Skyhawke
  • Like 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later