CoH Modder

Feature request:

Let me change / scale the font size in the mod list/descriptions.

Thing's fine on my main PC - 32" screen after all - but I hopped in COH on my laptop (15" screen,) realized I didn't have vidiotmaps installed there, grabbed COH Modder and... dang, can't read a thing (and ctrl-scroll doesn't affect the size.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Thanks for the program! I've run into an issue that I doubt many would find themselves in,

If I use 125 custom scaling in windows, the program doesn't display text for the mods correctly. Right clicking the program and trying the various scaling options doesn't do anything to help.

https://imgur.com/a/b0Z71se

If I use the basic windows 125 scaling option, I get the text but it causes the text to be bold and blurry

https://imgur.com/a/K8FUT4H

For my particular use case, the custom 125 scaling looks better on my screen than the default 125. It's not mission critical, but if you get a chance can you take a look?

• 3 weeks later

The Modding was great for reclaiming the original 'Ah!' Taunt Sound Fx vs HUR (physically sick) Taunt.

I remember community members hunting out and finding the discarded and no longer used 'Ah.'

It's on all my Tanks and male Taunters.

I also used the Arrow sound fx.  Very Errol FLynn.

Azrael.

On 5/25/2022 at 3:22 PM, superhpman said:

Thanks for the program! I've run into an issue that I doubt many would find themselves in,

If I use 125 custom scaling in windows, the program doesn't display text for the mods correctly. Right clicking the program and trying the various scaling options doesn't do anything to help.

https://imgur.com/a/b0Z71se

If I use the basic windows 125 scaling option, I get the text but it causes the text to be bold and blurry

https://imgur.com/a/K8FUT4H

For my particular use case, the custom 125 scaling looks better on my screen than the default 125. It's not mission critical, but if you get a chance can you take a look?

I think this is a Windows thing TBH as the 125% mark seems to break a lot of UI or at least distort it a bit for many apps.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 1 month later
On 6/11/2022 at 11:20 AM, Golden Azrael said:

The Modding was great for reclaiming the original 'Ah!' Taunt Sound Fx vs HUR (physically sick) Taunt.

I remember community members hunting out and finding the discarded and no longer used 'Ah.'

It's on all my Tanks and male Taunters.

I also used the Arrow sound fx.  Very Errol FLynn.

Azrael.

It just goes to show how good sounds can completely change the feel of the game.

I would like to change the default "boingy" sounds, such as the "no" sound (you know, when you try to do something you can't) to something much more snappy. 

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

• 2 weeks later
On 8/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, The Philotic Knight said:

Heya, @The Philotic Knight, I got word from somebody trying to download my mods that the website is down. I checked it out for myself and it was down for me as well. Just a heads up there.

• 2 weeks later
On 8/10/2021 at 7:50 AM, Zed said:

unknown.png.bf77aa7e60e7594f29fdac5df7a085f8.png

I am getting this same error message except with "VidiotMaps I26" (a standard mod) rather than a custom mod. I also am getting "Error establishing a database connection" when I try to go to cityofplayers.com so perhaps something is just down for a bit.

5 hours ago, Perfect Square said:

I am getting this same error message except with "VidiotMaps I26" (a standard mod) rather than a custom mod. I also am getting "Error establishing a database connection" when I try to go to cityofplayers.com so perhaps something is just down for a bit.

I can't help with the database connection error, but the VidiotMaps error is because the name of the VM mod was changed to just plain 'VidiotMaps'. Here's what you can do to stop the VM error:

1. Go to your <CoH Install Folder>\mods folder
  2. In either that folder, or in the 'installed' sub-folder (likely the latter), you should see a file called 'vidiotmaps_i26_coh_modder.zip'
  3. Move that .zip file out of your CoH directory to a safe place (and retain it for now)

CoH Modder should now run without displaying that VidiotMaps error. I have now updated vidiotmaps for i27p4 so you'll need to search through the uninstalled server mods list for 'VidiotMaps' and install that. It is currently on version 2 (v2) as of the time of this post.

Once you have installed the new 'VidiotMaps' version and verified that the maps are working properly in-game, it should be safe to delete the ''vidiotmaps_i26_coh_modder.zip' file (that was moved in step 3 above) if you wish.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
minor clarification and typos, updated to v2 now that i27p4 is officially out
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

EDIT: I tried one last thing - PERMANENTLY removing - NOT SAVING - any and all files that had anything named "VidiotMaps".  

NUKED the site from orbit. 

THAT did the trick. 

DAMN that was a frustrating bit of nonsense! 

Edited by Dynamo-Joe

11 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

EDIT: I tried one last thing - PERMANENTLY removing - NOT SAVING - any and all files that had anything named "VidiotMaps".  

NUKED the site from orbit. 

THAT did the trick. 

DAMN that was a frustrating bit of nonsense! 

*casts water spray.* 

Serious, that must have been really annoying. Glad you found a way to fix it though! Happy day my dude!

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

On 8/26/2022 at 2:23 PM, CrystalDragon said:

Can confirm, seems whatevers going on seems to be throwing errors left and right.

6 minutes ago, captainstar said:

yup, many errors here too

It would be helpful if you could post screenshots of the errors you are seeing, like what Blood Speaker posted a few posts up.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

It would be helpful if you could post screenshots of the errors you are seeing, like what Blood Speaker posted a few posts up.

I follow that suggestion here, to take that zip file from a folder and it work.  but ty for answer

Looks like some of the db calls in the game were moved or renamed, based on how I read the latest patch notes, and the error I get with Modder when it tries to load. Modder's looking for things that aren't located in the same place, anymore.

Educated guess; I'm no db coder; I just hang out with several. 😛

• Like 1

Yep, having to force quit modder with that dialog (noticed the 503 error with the site, too.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.