The Tank Gods. . .

theDarkeOne

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

A hundred plus DPS increase just for hitting skills in a row does seem worth it. The attack chain reliably applies the Achilles, Fury and Force Feedback proc too.

attack vitals DB toons are awesome 🙂

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

6 hours ago, nihilii said:

Loving that costume on Thurin!!

Thanks! He was originally a Dwarven Shield/Mace, and I kept fiddling with costumes for him, and then at some point in all the fiddling he picked up some cyborg parts, and then I decided to just make him a robot instead. Then I decided I wanted the extra defense of Martial Arts. So that’s how I ended up with a big-bearded Dwarven robot with a horned “helmet” and shield, kicking enemy faces in instead of smashing them in with a mace. Still a level 18 lowbie on live, and still fiddling with and testing endgame builds on beta.

Edited by Werner
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nihilii said:

My own Lore dies 99% of the time too, but I think it does help a lot when it survives. My Longbow had a chunk of time where it helped with Romulus; whereas with my own damage, it took me a long time to make progress what with Rom hitting his own self heals and all.

I think the trick is to never change them from defensive mode, and use one GoTo command at a safe distance. As in, put that circle down a solid 30-40 feet away.

Rom ambushes get tricky, but seeing as they always pop up at specific health % and from that very same door on the right, I would aggressively jump on them and wipe out most minions/lieuts with Judgement + AoEs before they even get to react.

Dual Blades has an advantage here, it can finish the two bosses with Sweeping Strike's AoE as part of my ST attack chain.

Loving that costume on Thurin!!

I summon where I want them to be and use the Stay command as the summon finishes. That tends to keep the Cataphract up spamming it's -regen attack at a distance and never wandering in to get smacked by an AOE.

I'll have y'all know the following is 100% y'all's fault.

I've been gradually working through AV's with my Rad/SS/Soul testing him out solo and seeing how things fair. He's not had many faults or struggles dealing with anything I've thrown at him, and seeing a few others tackling the ITF, I thought "... why not?"

Originally the build was extremely focused on proc utility and damage output (maximum effort), which left a couple of gaps in his stats that were troublesome to fill while trying to be hands-off from the attacks. As such, his Negative Resistances were only 76%, but that 14% gap from cap was apparently a semi's worth of space in the second mission of the ITF and they preceded as such:

1. Plow Coming Through! Figured I'd just try and rush each crystal and bounce as fast as possible through the missions, discovered that a the gap I had was a bit too significant and forced me to slow down, as which the unrelenting ambushes followed me through the map and just swarmed me endlessly and I eventually planted from general inability to just stay standing at -93% Defense and off-cycle heals on a pure Resistance build.
  2. Walked in to the first spawn, a blip went across my combat stats and I was face planted. Happened so quick I couldn't even grab a shot of it, but pretty certain I got nailed with the negative-stats bug (posted in Bugs). I saw a lot of red out of the edge of my focal point in the combat stats box right before I ate dirt. Frustrating, but whatever, restart (again).
  3. Got halfway through the hordes of Nictus, this time leaving Crystals intact to sweep them all in one rush to try and avoid dealing with ambushes at all. I'm pulling a patch of Lobsters and Squids together and I get stuck in the geometry of the cave, can't quite get myself out or get a good angle to Jaunt away and I realize nothing in my second tray (all crowd control and heals) are firing off, I've gotten hit with connection lag to the server (been experiencing it off and on last few days pretty hard core, kinda bummer deal). By the time everything catches back up, I'm vastly in the red and just can't make it out. Face planted again.
  4. Alright, back in action! Halfway through again and I'm up to the room where two crystals can spawn fairly close to each other. Pushing along and before I realize it I've tapped the wrong number on the wrong target and KO BLOW wipes the Crystal, ambush drops on my head, second group of Nictus nearby suddenly gets alerted and I'm pretty tired, not really surprised I wiped.

Note: Each of the above was a complete restart of the ITF to keep MoITF potential, which means re-running the first mission each occurrence. 😣

It was a strugglesome hour last night, super bummed me out. I logged out of the game and popped open Mid's and stared at it for (admittedly) too long before going to bed and returning to it this morning. I revised it twice in a two-stage reduction of utility trying to see where I could draw the line at "<3 Procs" and "Fill the dang gap." I also knew that I wanted to do one thing before I pulled the trigger, and that was to check the current build's actual performance on a static object, so I jaunted over to the RWZ and started up a good ol' fashioned Pylon Run-Chain and started ripping through them. Collectively I was walking away with times between 3:00 and 4:00 which was truthfully a little disappointing. The impact of cycling two minute-long powers back and forth, along with not having a consistent in-build -Res, nor a damage aura, made it pretty difficult to even marginally approach what I could pull off on Bio/SS.

I had my answer, so I pulled the trigger on the project and went into Mk3 of the Mad Tanker known as Carthage. Kept a couple of personal choices in the build that have his Melee Defense a bit lower than is possible, but I just couldn't give up Speed of Sound, I like the ability to flexibly bounce across the field on a Tank without movement restrictions. 300 million in IO investments and boosters (50!) later, I walked back into Mission 1 of the Imperious Task Force and sailed through it at the same clip I did before, nice! The real test was in Mission 2 however, and I clicked that cave door and faced round five... with flying colors. Putting a solid layer of dry-wall filler on that Negative gap made for a much smoother ride. Also, I've come to really hate ambush mobs solo that are auto-aggro and don't ever disengage.

image.thumb.png.3ca903277d104e9bead7cea669ccfbba.png

For the record, no it didn't take me 8:00 hours to complete! I stepped away for dinner and family for most of that, but I don't have an accurate time for the actual play through. I know I didn't beat anyone else's time either way. Not being able to hop-through and Crystal snipe Mission 2 adds its an unfortunate amount of time. I also did not "buff enemies" as I did this on the live server as Carthage's first run of the ITF, and to achieve the MoITF badge, and given that he's only T3 on Hybrid Assault, and does have a Lore but only T3 Radial of Carnies (Mistress and Support, it's ... kind of a terrible tree, but I'd wanted something "different"). Also no P2W or Base Buffs. Currently other than his Alpha and Interface, the rest of his Incarnate tree is built up for the previous build and without a more supportive Hybrid and Destiny I didn't see doing a enemy-buffed run as being worth attempting

Edited by Sir Myshkin
  • Like 6

One thing I see mentioned a lot  is the desire to have good combat mobility and I feel that people sleep too much on Hover + P2W backpack. Moving at Fly speeds while fight a pack of enemies, to another pack, etc, was a big big change. All praise Bopper!

I use these to alternate them.

jetpack2.txtjetpack.txt

Good show on the ITF! Also, good gracious, but that was a string of rotten luck that you had there.

Three minutes on a Rad was pretty damn good though.

Quite a run of bad luck there @Sir Myshkin

I have done a +4×8 ITF on my Rad/ss/soul also and I didn't find it hard really. My defences would be debuffed but mobs would die quite fast and it was just a few bosses to finish off and didn't really cause me any problems with capped resists. Rad therapy would be up regularly to top my health up and rebirth ready if in real need.  

3 mins is a decent pylon time but I think under 3 would be achievable. It will never beat Bio on a pylon but a pylon doesnt really push Bios survival and you can go full cannon mode. Hard content and that Bio will fail badly though I think. I find Rad is a good balance of survival whilst offering some extra (AoE) damage.

I have recently done one run of 801.4 on my Rad Tanker that went very well in that I finished it anyway. I found a big weakness in fear and confuse effects though that left me standing helpless a lot although I never died once . I can plug this by dropping cross punch that I barely use anyway and it will free up some slots to boost psi resists etc. I found if i balled the mobs up on a corner and dived in most would be dead before they cause me major concern. Still those fears were very annoying.

At one point I was made unable to attack and only affect my self which lasted ages with one boss left alive. When it wore of the boss then became undamageable also, I waited for that to end for the boss to send me back into affecting self only again lol. The boss was 1 hit away from death at the start of all this also. It eventually wore off and I nailed him. 😛

I did see my Psi resists drop to negative numbers for some reason, whether it's the bug you mention or mitigation debuffs.

I haven't done anymore as I shouldn't have done that one really as I need to rest my arms but I was bored.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

I have done a +4×8 ITF on my Rad/ss/soul also and I didn't find it hard really.

My original build I had been using didn't sport any kind of defense at all and heavily leveraged FF+Rech procs for the core of its global recharge, without it I was only at ~120% (w/ Hasten) so between the gap in resists, and the Nictus sporting recharge debuffs it was enough of a hindrance that they were able to kill me. Honestly for all the trouble it caused purely in the pursuit of the badge, I wasn't otherwise troubled by it, but it did make for a bit of a story!

In the end it got me to refocus the build in a new direction that closes out the gaps (excluding the impossible Cold) and made it a bit stronger overall as a result.

4 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

3 mins is a decent pylon time but I think under 3 would be achievable. It will never beat Bio on a pylon but a pylon doesnt really push Bios survival and you can go full cannon mode. Hard content and that Bio will fail badly though I think. I find Rad is a good balance of survival whilst offering some extra (AoE) damage.

Having done so many repeated tests with Bio/SS and knowing just how sensitive it is to variance, 3:00 with Rad/SS (as I was trying to push it) was disappointing but ultimately not surprising. There were a lot of factors that played into it between the recharge on KO Blow, the added animation times to activate Adrenal Booster and Meltdown (esp with its 3/s) were all eating into the probability. What it ultimately comes down to is actually the damage aura however. The math on it was posted up in another thread a while back and the short end of it is high-yield damage buffing on damage auras has a pretty significant total gain.

Since I'm not out to specifically spike Pylons I've no intention of altering the build towards that direction, but I also don't think it'd end up with much of a significant difference. As it stands I already have access to all three -Res procs, but I stripped down my damage proc count in the process which leaves me some unsavory lapse during the Rage crash. Incidentally the entirety of the Pylon test is (was) to prove ability to take down an AV, and I just did that six times in a row at +4 so I suppose I'm good 😄

5 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

I did see my Psi resists drop to negative numbers for some reason, whether it's the bug you mention or mitigation debuffs.

Was it -300% (or close to it) and specifically that stat? Might be possible if so. Specifically to Psi it looks to be linked to the Psi Resist granting Unique/Singular IO's like in Impervium and Aegis. Other IO's like those are impacting other areas as well.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Was it -300% (or close to it) and specifically that stat? Might be possible if so. Specifically to Psi it looks to be linked to the Psi Resist granting Unique/Singular IO's like in Impervium and Aegis. Other IO's like those are impacting other areas as well.

This happened to me tanking a 4 men Mltf, Ghost Widow destroyed my rad / SS :x

56 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Incidentally the entirety of the Pylon test is (was) to prove ability to take down an AV, and I just did that six times in a row at +4 so I suppose I'm good 😄

Yep. 🙂 I actually do most of my DPS testing on level 54 AVs, caring only about relative times between build options and not calculating DPS. I usually only go to the pylons later to get an “official” DPS of whatever seems best.

14 hours ago, Werner said:

Yep. 🙂 I actually do most of my DPS testing on level 54 AVs, caring only about relative times between build options and not calculating DPS. I usually only go to the pylons later to get an “official” DPS of whatever seems best.

This. And Eva Destruction's Praetorian Invasion AE mission is a lovely place to find some lvl 54 AVs just waitin for a beat down.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

This. And Eva Destruction's Praetorian Invasion AE mission is a lovely place to find some lvl 54 AVs just waitin for a beat down.

For timing I use a custom AV with no resistances so it’s fair across all my characters. Most of the praetorian AVs have some resistances. But I like that mission too. 

12 hours ago, Werner said:

For timing I use a custom AV with no resistances so it’s fair across all my characters. Most of the praetorian AVs have some resistances. But I like that mission too. 

Or like Siege popping his 7,000+ heal every time he hits 20% HP 😑

28 minutes ago, VV said:

Isn't this unfair on characters that spend some power on -Res debuffs?

No, because it doesn't matter if a target starts with 90% resistance, 50% resistance, or 0% resistance - a 20% resistance debuff will result in them taking 20% more damage. That's because damage resistance resists damage resistance debuffs.

Alright the girl that inspired this thread (and quite a few others thanks to all of you) is finally at home with all tier 4 Incarnates and all slotted up. . . She can farm, she can run missions, and has even started on her AV trek now. . . 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5)
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(7), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A), RgnTss-Regen+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 4: Shadow Maul -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(13), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Arm-Dam%(17)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(21)
Level 8: Radiation Therapy -- Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Erd-%Dam(25)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- SphIns-%ToHit(A), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SphIns-ToHitDeb(27), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(29)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 16: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Dam%(33)
Level 18: Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(33), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Tough -- HO:Ribo(A), HO:Ribo(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), ShlWal-Def(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 24: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39), Rct-Def(50)
Level 28: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(39), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 30: Ground Zero -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(42), Erd-%Dam(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(42)
Level 32: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 35: Dark Consumption -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(A)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(45)
Level 41: Gloom -- Dcm-Build%(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(45), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), CldSns-%Dam(46), Apc-Dam%(46)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 47: Dark Obliteration -- Dtn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1493;743;1486;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB4F13411CC7675F942D452805CAAB40CBA394C2D2AA57312A62049A201|
|8AFCD0646D850DB665B12F566E23B3E004DB8A0E04D3D9878D210FF05AF3EEFC6C4|
|0026BE88AFFADBF9FDA824DD74FB99F9CDCC777E8F994D9C1DF23C3976E120933C4|
|752662E973C69A6E7B8AD25CC196B8A398F0BDE56B42687F8699ECE7163C29CB6CC|
|BC9549270FD96732B69F86133CC5B93164DA73D8F41E4FCF729BA7F3C64EC33D9EC|
|9A48CC92CE7D395A2396CCDCCE6ADF44C95E88D71739ADBB9592BEBD9E96761D07F|
|346B4D1987EDF93C4F4E66E653C98499CB73FB5C03B8D603EFF530FC498EB305957|
|D55188BEB4CFE46DC46AA3F887E981850D9779DD15350D83820A4B2B213C8F209E2|
|24F24504E4515F969665A15336E8E8B8987B041856D936E829A8A7296B2ACC51996|
|705B9E71EF13EB27A95784016BC01FE6BA8AF68E47F0DF95F43FED792FFB7C24E49|
|2411AB2BCFC4FADAF3C8FA770AF22DB2615316B1DE84353AEA333D26099DDB60AB9|
|050A7C203F3033A6BA8C0754D6EEC37B914B1BEA51C1982B350893A526514F76C21|
|FE84F8AB28FEAABB185FEB027191B8846CBF438C62FC32E87AA9165EAA453BD5224|
|8B508522D1498EBA35AF806F17C06891D7BA9C6D0AEA37CD6390DD8A3631463EB18|
|41760E2317200F7E8AC9BF81EB3B3F21BDA0D3483A8DA4D3F905D7756F21E39BC8D|
|F107FB3E416739B1FE119E95EC5F8BAD7B01FA65C2DC29E01D4D502AF707DF835F1|
|0D32F29E48358CBC442D1FF8D446B56C7B88B63FB07708CF040BFDC2DCFE055B17D|
|5A3EB1ADA7AAF12AF102F23FB2E112F22A714BC57CED9E859018475D6B78CEC7FC0|
|442CFD1F657146FAE3185B3DF815A53C46295703B5480E7A06E9194F310703CF881|
|F288FB2867C4E671AF462B886C548AF452DDE59F8C1C3226AF1E6177A4B46632596|
|7889655F89657F8965ACC432AED2B660918445AF2EDEFFC286BBF8BDA0D1ADFF164|
|90AE2E9729F924446374B667FDE3D9BBE379E25E4A80F40FBAC879CB626DA8F77D9|
|FF0193CCFBE4|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 3:20 PM, Werner said:

No, because it doesn't matter if a target starts with 90% resistance, 50% resistance, or 0% resistance - a 20% resistance debuff will result in them taking 20% more damage. That's because damage resistance resists damage resistance debuffs.

Oh crud, I keep forgetting stats can go negative. 

• 2 weeks later
On 8/31/2020 at 10:14 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

I'll have y'all know the following is 100% y'all's fault.

I've been gradually working through AV's with my Rad/SS/Soul testing him out solo and seeing how things fair. He's not had many faults or struggles dealing with anything I've thrown at him, and seeing a few others tackling the ITF, I thought "... why not?"

Originally the build was extremely focused on proc utility and damage output (maximum effort), which left a couple of gaps in his stats that were troublesome to fill while trying to be hands-off from the attacks. As such, his Negative Resistances were only 76%, but that 14% gap from cap was apparently a semi's worth of space in the second mission of the ITF and they preceded as such:

1. Plow Coming Through! Figured I'd just try and rush each crystal and bounce as fast as possible through the missions, discovered that a the gap I had was a bit too significant and forced me to slow down, as which the unrelenting ambushes followed me through the map and just swarmed me endlessly and I eventually planted from general inability to just stay standing at -93% Defense and off-cycle heals on a pure Resistance build.
  2. Walked in to the first spawn, a blip went across my combat stats and I was face planted. Happened so quick I couldn't even grab a shot of it, but pretty certain I got nailed with the negative-stats bug (posted in Bugs). I saw a lot of red out of the edge of my focal point in the combat stats box right before I ate dirt. Frustrating, but whatever, restart (again).
  3. Got halfway through the hordes of Nictus, this time leaving Crystals intact to sweep them all in one rush to try and avoid dealing with ambushes at all. I'm pulling a patch of Lobsters and Squids together and I get stuck in the geometry of the cave, can't quite get myself out or get a good angle to Jaunt away and I realize nothing in my second tray (all crowd control and heals) are firing off, I've gotten hit with connection lag to the server (been experiencing it off and on last few days pretty hard core, kinda bummer deal). By the time everything catches back up, I'm vastly in the red and just can't make it out. Face planted again.
  4. Alright, back in action! Halfway through again and I'm up to the room where two crystals can spawn fairly close to each other. Pushing along and before I realize it I've tapped the wrong number on the wrong target and KO BLOW wipes the Crystal, ambush drops on my head, second group of Nictus nearby suddenly gets alerted and I'm pretty tired, not really surprised I wiped.

Note: Each of the above was a complete restart of the ITF to keep MoITF potential, which means re-running the first mission each occurrence. 😣

It was a strugglesome hour last night, super bummed me out. I logged out of the game and popped open Mid's and stared at it for (admittedly) too long before going to bed and returning to it this morning. I revised it twice in a two-stage reduction of utility trying to see where I could draw the line at "<3 Procs" and "Fill the dang gap." I also knew that I wanted to do one thing before I pulled the trigger, and that was to check the current build's actual performance on a static object, so I jaunted over to the RWZ and started up a good ol' fashioned Pylon Run-Chain and started ripping through them. Collectively I was walking away with times between 3:00 and 4:00 which was truthfully a little disappointing. The impact of cycling two minute-long powers back and forth, along with not having a consistent in-build -Res, nor a damage aura, made it pretty difficult to even marginally approach what I could pull off on Bio/SS.

I had my answer, so I pulled the trigger on the project and went into Mk3 of the Mad Tanker known as Carthage. Kept a couple of personal choices in the build that have his Melee Defense a bit lower than is possible, but I just couldn't give up Speed of Sound, I like the ability to flexibly bounce across the field on a Tank without movement restrictions. 300 million in IO investments and boosters (50!) later, I walked back into Mission 1 of the Imperious Task Force and sailed through it at the same clip I did before, nice! The real test was in Mission 2 however, and I clicked that cave door and faced round five... with flying colors. Putting a solid layer of dry-wall filler on that Negative gap made for a much smoother ride. Also, I've come to really hate ambush mobs solo that are auto-aggro and don't ever disengage.

image.thumb.png.3ca903277d104e9bead7cea669ccfbba.png

For the record, no it didn't take me 8:00 hours to complete! I stepped away for dinner and family for most of that, but I don't have an accurate time for the actual play through. I know I didn't beat anyone else's time either way. Not being able to hop-through and Crystal snipe Mission 2 adds its an unfortunate amount of time. I also did not "buff enemies" as I did this on the live server as Carthage's first run of the ITF, and to achieve the MoITF badge, and given that he's only T3 on Hybrid Assault, and does have a Lore but only T3 Radial of Carnies (Mistress and Support, it's ... kind of a terrible tree, but I'd wanted something "different"). Also no P2W or Base Buffs. Currently other than his Alpha and Interface, the rest of his Incarnate tree is built up for the previous build and without a more supportive Hybrid and Destiny I didn't see doing a enemy-buffed run as being worth attempting

Took me 17 days... Seventeen F..king days.

4 respecs, like 30+ try runs and 11 classic ITF to test builds and incarnates, and 40+ Heather's Run in DA by Ouro / Tinpex and tons of Transcendant Empyreans.

I met every single possible bugs from internet down, negative resistance bug to stucked in map and bad choices.

But i had to do it for the pride of the Rad / SS / Soul tankers 😄

I used

• Musculature Core T4 (Cardiac T4 was fine but seems i cannot kill Romu ans his Nictus Pompom girls with)
  • Rebirth Radial T4 (first tried Barrier T4, not a good idea, at all...)
  • Longbow Core T3 (first tried Banished Radial T4 but those idiots kept going inside the nictus area damage VS Romulus last fight)
  • Reactive Radial T4
  • Void Radial T4
  • Assaut Radial T4 (only for Romulus last fight, Mélée Core T4 for the rest of the TF)

All the TF is speedrunned and shortcuted as much as i can :

• Mission 1 : Rushin' oracles only, avoiding cosmic lobsters (Assaut used here)
  • Mission 2 : Only cristals, by playing with the cave, using jaunt to avoid the whole map + ambushes (Hand clap/foot stomp are life saver here, i used to hit Darkest night on cristals but that was not enough to tank the last cristals, 12 sec stun ftw) (Melee used here)
  • Mission 3 : Void / Ground Z / Dark Obliteration / Foot stomp (and Hand clap to CC) to burst down healers, letting invunerable Powers of Mino and cyclops fade away while begining the next general (hand clap and foot stomp are lifesaver here too), Pulling both AV on the CPU and aoe everything (Usual PC down with romu 90%, Requiem 60% when CPU down, Requiem 30% when Romulus down not possible) (Mélée for the generals, Assaut / lore for the CPU and AV)
  • Mission 4 : Rushing to Romulus and single pull him, thank to Jaunt (had to respec for this after like 15 runs...) Finishing the 300 mobs with the courtyard and the 2 towers. (assaut T4 here).

Imperious Task Force +4x8, Enemy Buffed, No temp Powers, no death, no inspirations : 1 hour 29 minutes and 55 seconds.

itf10.thumb.png.d255a3c2bf1b536bb824e6539dffd6af.png

That was a very fun and challenging journey but it's 6:40am here in france, i m tired and i dont want to see this dam TF for the next DECADE :x

radfs11.PNG.fc4421f6d3ede74a08e56b50ef6161b0.PNG

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Tsuko said:

Imperious Task Force +4x8, Enemy Buffed, No temp Powers, no death, no inspirations : 1 hour 29 minutes and 55 seconds.

Congratulations! It makes me so happy seeing people do this. I need to finish leveling and IOing and incarnating my Shield/MA and get back to this on live instead of beta. I know I can’t beat your time, but I know I can at least beat my own time, which will still put a big smile on my face.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 4:46 PM, Werner said:

Congratulations! It makes me so happy seeing people do this. I need to finish leveling and IOing and incarnating my Shield/MA and get back to this on live instead of beta. I know I can’t beat your time, but I know I can at least beat my own time, which will still put a big smile on my face.

To be honnest, i had no smile on my face...

More this :

Edited by Tsuko
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Yall are killin me. I have yet to accomplish a no insp max diff ITF... much less one with buffed enemies. 😞

Yeah but not many of us can say we have 666 Vet levels accrued on one character either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ok, time to respec tank BZB. Tried out Werner rules with my brute BZB, 1st mish, no issues, 2nd mish, touch and go but got it done with some kiting, 3rd mish, the monster squad turned me into a fine red paste. To the mids-mobile! Side note: buffed enemies aren't quite as buffed as I was expecting, which was nice.

• Like 2