The Tank Gods. . .

theDarkeOne

Superb going, Nihili!

42 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Nice one @nihilii😉

Impressive, on a Rad Scrapper also with no DDR.

My last attempt i was on mission 3 and killed all the Generals and the last 2 bosses but the mission still said i had one to kill lol. I looked everywhere but could not find one so gave up. No luck lol. I must've been about 45-50 minutes in when completed the last 2 bosses as i spent 10 or so minutes looking for the last general as the 1 hour timer failed whilst looking. <<<< a bit ambitious 😄

Wha tthe game calls 'a general' is usually someone of their retinue that wandered off. Next time check the spots where you killed the generals and you might notice a lone minotaur or cyclops standing there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gobbledegook said:

Nice one @nihilii😉

Impressive, on a Rad Scrapper also with no DDR.

My last attempt i was on mission 3 and killed all the Generals and the last 2 bosses but the mission still said i had one to kill lol. I looked everywhere but could not find one so gave up. No luck lol. I must've been about 45-50 minutes in when completed the last 2 bosses as i spent 10 or so minutes looking for the last general as the 1 hour timer failed whilst looking. <<<< a bit ambitious 😄

when you have 1 general left, it's Requiem 😄

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

3 hours ago, nihilii said:

But the ambushes didn't come.

This could significantly speed things up!

And awesome job! I was still fiddling with builds and wondering if this is even possible, and you just go knock that sucker out of the park! Woot!

I’m relieved in a way. I don’t think I’ll even try now. I’m just happy it was done. 🙂

• Like 2

Right. I'm bowing out of this challenge just because it takes too long. If it wasn't a Master Of I would just hit respawn, but once dead the whole point is gone and I'm not starting from scratch for another two hour slog.

So I took it all the way to the last boss and decided to try aiming for the fluffies. I didn't think they would stun on death (I hardly ever do that approach) but turns out that they do! At the first one dead I was stunned and with all toggles down Romulus one-shoted me.

image.png.b434182aefd55a1c480bd0017d9d88eb.png

I'll just headcannon it as having completed the thing since, welp, after all that was left behind Romulus with the fluffies wasn't hurting me and I just had to kill him four times instead of aiming for the fluffies.

Did it with no insps, no temp powers (RECOVERY SERUM, I MISSED YOU LOTS!), no amplifiers.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sovera said:

So I took it all the way to the last boss and decided to try aiming for the fluffies. I didn't think they would stun on death (I hardly ever do that approach) but turns out that they do! At the first one dead I was stunned and with all toggles down Romulus one-shoted me.

Amplifiers are a significant boost there because the added mez protection protects you from that stun. It feels safe to say if it took the stun to kill you, you would have beat it with amplifiers.

I could swear Tanker mez protection was enough to not get stunned by the fluffy/rommie death stun, though. Am I going crazy? Or maybe they have another stun attack as part of their regular rotation, and it unfortunately happened to hit and stack at that moment too?

For him to crit at that very moment is the epitome of bad luck.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Amplifiers are a significant boost there because the added mez protection protects you from that stun. It feels safe to say if it took the stun to kill you, you would have beat it with amplifiers.

I could swear Tanker mez protection was enough to not get stunned, though. Am I going crazy? Or maybe they have another stun attack as part of their regular rotation, and it unfortunately happened to hit and stack at that moment too?

No, Romulus' ressurection stun takes Clarion at its height to suppress (I think, I rarely tested it due to normal strat avoiding it altogether but once in a while someone pulls the Clarion card).

I'm not sure how much the fluffy death stun has, but it was enough to get through tanker mez defenses so I'm kinda assuming it is on the same magnitude. If I hadn't tried to be smart I would have just followed the regular strat of breaking LoS when Romulus dies in order to avoid the stun.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

Indeed, it is the same stun. It has to be mag <15, because as a stalker/scrapper/sentinel with amplifier (+4 mag) and your basic mez shield (+10 mag), it will not affect you. Clarion ought to be enough at any point, it gives +6 mag for 2 minutes so better than amplifiers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

So I moved to this location, because this is where I think the ambushes pop. The idea being to clear them out ASAP, and/or run away, rather than be caught with my pants down.

Assuming that was the right door (looked like it), being present at the door doesn’t prevent the ambushes as there are some groups that camp the door with Rommy and I’ve tried camping there myself.

Given that, I have no clue how you avoided the ambushes.

5 hours ago, nihilii said:

Defensive Sweep

Oh man, I can’t believe I completely forgot that Titan Weapons has this ability, that massively changes my thought process with my TW/Regen.

Yes, that’s right, I’m considering running the challenge with a Regen. >_>

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Oh man, I can’t believe I completely forgot that Titan Weapons has this ability, that massively changes my thought process with my TW/Regen.

Yes, that’s right, I’m considering running the challenge with a Regen. >_

Do it quickly so you can make a before and after comparison for page 6!

• Like 1

Scrapper Titan Weapons / Bio Armor 2 hours 32 Minutes 34 seconds, Solo MO ITF +4x8, enemy buffed, no Amplifiers, no Temporal pw, no inspirations, 

itf15.thumb.PNG.fa2686498a7e1ebba2ddc0a4f4c50624.PNG

I look great, isnt it ?

Dont be fool by this, that was 2 hour 32 minutes and 34 seconds of complete mess. Scrapper's Bio Armor is not made for this : i had to shorcut everything i could to stay alive. The last time i had such level of stress while playing CoX was during our first kill of the RSF the day we could do it : when you feel you're not at your place. At all.

I had to switch between my 13 incarnates T4 to have the job done, even in the middle of a mission.

I had choose the same way than @nihilii : an artificial Def with Ageless Radial + Defensive Sweep + Mélée T4 def on top of a regen / absorb Armor.

My first try was with Willpower : that was not a good idea.

Then i tried with a Bio armor build with no def, Barrier T4, mélée T4 resistance : this was almost the best choice ; the first minute of barrier can carry bio in offensive. But the second minute is like having sex the day you go out of jail and realize you drunk too much and spent the night in a retirement home ... 

With the "def" solution, i had sort of standing power but had to be extremly carefull and dont count the number of time i had to run for my life.

Not to mention that the build is set to need like 5/6 targets to sustain the rotations but cant hold for long (more or less the first minute of ageless and like 30 second more between the def sweep spam and Shadow meld) so i had to pull and always have a haven where i could run out. So i almost clear the whole TF, pack per pack...

This run was the winning one (after 12 others since 1 week...) cause i finally find a way to single pull Romu nictus by using Imperius to draw attention for 2/3 seconds of the nictus and pulling Romu solo with a snipe power. You must clear the way for imperius to stay alive in front of the entrance, then fly to the courtyard. After the cutscene, Fly above the traitors and pull imperius in the nictus pack, then take some height and snipe Romulus : he "should" come alone.

But mission complete, my beloved Main can wait the page 6 quietly now. Hoping she will shine again in the role she s born to : killing AV tanked by someone and / or "tanking" a low notoriety speeruns with friends and not survive such hell.

642995300_itf16.PNG.7788a7cf190a03931824ded29afdf009.PNG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Well done!! Doing it without amplifiers deserves some serious props. I assume as /bio you were pushing maybe 20% energy/negative resistance, if that. Clearing spawn by spawn does seem the logical answer, but then it takes discipline to stick with the plan whenever enemies get lucky and we get so close to death we have to flee. Awesome.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nihilii said:

Well done!! Doing it without amplifiers deserves some serious props. I assume as /bio you were pushing maybe 20% energy/negative resistance, if that. Clearing spawn by spawn does seem the logical answer, but then it takes discipline to stick with the plan whenever enemies get lucky and we get so close to death we have to flee. Awesome.

Yes and no 🙂 

For cimeroran packs,  i pulled in Defensive, take down the boss, switch to efficient to DNA and finish Lieut and minions in offensive with def set up (Ageless radial T4, def mélée T4)

For Cosmic Lobsters (aka mission 2) switch between Offensive and defensive depending on situations + barrier T4 and def mélée T4

For mission 2, i used the old trick of the 1% cristal.

i m not sure how to say that in english but i feeled those runs as climbing the everest : i had to make a haven and know where i was going and where i could flee at each "grip".

Dam, i hate my rusty english 😕

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tsuko said:

Scrapper Titan Weapons / Bio Armor 2 hours 32 Minutes 34 seconds, Solo MO ITF +4x8, enemy buffed, no Amplifiers, no Temporal pw, no inspirations, 

itf15.thumb.PNG.fa2686498a7e1ebba2ddc0a4f4c50624.PNG

I look great, isnt it ?

Dont be fool by this, that was 2 hour 32 minutes and 34 seconds of complete mess. Scrapper's Bio Armor is not made for this : i had to shorcut everything i could to stay alive. The last time i had such level of stress while playing CoX was during our first kill of the RSF the day we could do it : when you feel you're not at your place. At all.

I had to switch between my 13 incarnates T4 to have the job done, even in the middle of a mission.

I had choose the same way than @nihilii : an artificial Def with Ageless Radial + Defensive Sweep + Mélée T4 def on top of a regen / absorb Armor.

My first try was with Willpower : that was not a good idea.

Then i tried with a Bio armor build with no def, Barrier T4, mélée T4 resistance : this was almost the best choice ; the first minute of barrier can carry bio in offensive. But the second minute is like having sex the day you go out of jail and realize you drunk too much and spent the night in a retirement home ... 

With the "def" solution, i had sort of standing power but had to be extremly carefull and dont count the number of time i had to run for my life.

Not to mention that the build is set to need like 5/6 targets to sustain the rotations but cant hold for long (more or less the first minute of ageless and like 30 second more between the def sweep spam and Shadow meld) so i had to pull and always have a haven where i could run out. So i almost clear the whole TF, pack per pack...

This run was the winning one (after 12 others since 1 week...) cause i finally find a way to single pull Romu nictus by using Imperius to draw attention for 2/3 seconds of the nictus and pulling Romu solo with a snipe power. You must clear the way for imperius to stay alive in front of the entrance, then fly to the courtyard. After the cutscene, Fly above the traitors and pull imperius in the nictus pack, then take some height and snipe Romulus : he "should" come alone.

But mission complete, my beloved Main can wait the page 6 quietly now. Hoping she will shine again in the role she s born to : killing AV tanked by someone and / or "tanking" a low notoriety speeruns with friends and not survive such hell.

642995300_itf16.PNG.7788a7cf190a03931824ded29afdf009.PNG

This is quite impressive. . . Maybe we swap to the scrapper forums and make a scrapper god's thread also 😛

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I am impressed and proven very wrong. Well done.

got others "contenders" for this that i m sure are 1000% times better for this.

But you know the deal, our main before all. Even if it's painfull as f..k lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theDarkeOne said:

This is quite impressive. . . Maybe we swap to the scrapper forums and make a scrapper god's thread also 😛

imo, "my" run was not a scrapper run, it was an "incarnate" run, this build is a mess almost not self efficient for stamina and so on : you remove the incarnate, i m not even sure this build is playable.

it has all i hate in a build : no movement power, 100% dependant on incarnates 😕

i ll do a build based on @nihilii crazy pylon time and "poluted" by my tastes 😄 and enjoy my scrapper as i loved it lol

Not to mention that, hum, how to say that without being offensive lol 

the scrapper sub forum is less "fair" than the tanker one 😛

Edited by Tsuko
  • Like 1

Amazing.

Guess this kind of answers some of the questions in that difficulty thread though >.<.  

It shouldn't really be possible to do this solo in relatively reasonable time frames. 

And seems like you could fairly easy build a team to steamroll this.

Still awesome job to everyone that pulled it off.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tsuko said:

imo, "my" run was not a scrapper run, it was an "incarnate" run, this build is a mess almost not self efficient for stamina and so on : you remove the incarnate, i m not even sure this build is playable.

it has all i hate in a build : no movement power, 100% dependant on incarnates 😕

i ll do a build based on @nihilii crazy pylon time and "poluted" by my tastes 😄 and enjoy my scrapper as i loved it lol

Not to mention that, hum, how to say that without being offensive lol 

the scrapper sub forum is less "fair" than the tanker one 😛

Same here. Barrier simply pulled me through all the way to the end and it was not uncommon for me to take too much damage and fly up and wait 30-40 seconds for Barrier to finish recharging then dive back in. I might try Ageless with DDR someday. A stupendous buffer of defense or 40% that won't move should be about equal, but for the rest of the game Barrier is still better against psi and toxic and whatever else.

It would have been simply impossible without it. As much as we say that a resistance set can ignore defense debuff the truth is that I don't know how the mechanic works, but once we are at 40+% in the negatives the damage received seems to ignore those 90% resistances.

An honorary mention to Judgement. 1:30 CD was good enough to have at every cyst pack and it was a chunk of HP done that sped things a lot and by that stint made it safer since things dead don't hit back.

That said the bots that animate as we break the computer did not debuff, so I just ignored them and they did not hurt even when my screen was a mess of bots jumping around and shooting.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Same here. Barrier simply pulled me through all the way to the end and it was not uncommon for me to take too much damage and fly up and wait 30-40 seconds for Barrier to finish recharging then dive back in. I might try Ageless with DDR someday. A stupendous buffer of defense or 40% that won't move should be about equal, but for the rest of the game Barrier is still better against psi and toxic and whatever else.

It would have been simply impossible without it. As much as we say that a resistance set can ignore defense debuff the truth is that I don't know how the mechanic works, but once we are at 40+% in the negatives the damage received seems to ignore those 90% resistances.

An honorary mention to Judgement. 1:30 CD was good enough to have at every cyst pack and it was a chunk of HP done that sped things a lot and by that stint made it safer since things dead don't hit back.

That said the bots that animate as we break the computer did not debuff, so I just ignored them and they did not hurt even when my screen was a mess of bots jumping around and shooting.

If the issue is resistance debuffs you can go over the 90% resistance cap and the extra helps to bring down the debuff, as the cap doesn't seem to exist for the debuff resistance, only the resistance amount itself. Much like going over the defence softcap gives a bit of extra wiggle room when getting hit with def debuffs.

Bopper tested it out a wee while ago.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

1 minute ago, CaptainLupis said:

If the issue is resistance debuffs you can go over the 90% resistance cap and the extra helps to bring down the debuff, as the cap doesn't seem to exist for the debuff resistance, only the resistance amount itself. Much like going over the defence softcap gives a bit of extra wiggle room when getting hit with def debuffs.

Bopper tested it out a wee while ago.

No, resistance is at a shiny 90%. Not debuffed. Unless debuffed but not showing in the monitor but I monitor it. It's not a case of cascading failures.