Tarnished Star Badge Requirements

Glacier Peak

Hey badgers! With Issue 27 now live, a bunch of new badges are available to collect. One badge in particular I think may require some extra effort in acquiring, so I thought I would post some helpful information that a few forum posters and players found from clues left by Piecemeal for this content over the past couple months. That being said, there are spoilers below for this awesome content!

Story Arc: The Freakish Lab of Dr. Vahzilok (Villain, Level 30-39) 

• Listed in Ouroboros under Captain (Level 35-39) > The Freakish Lab of Dr. Vahzilok (27.02)

Special thanks goes to: @Grouchybeast, @Lines, @Ironblade, @LQT, @FoulVileTerror, and @Piecemeal . 

SPOILERS!

305632434_SL6_TStarcopy.png.f3434a36c506af7fdf8aabe5c84a0094.png Tarnished Star

Earned in Doc Buzzsaw's arc (spoilers in the box below):

Spoiler

"Fill every jail cell in The Zig during your life as a hero, before becoming a villain and releasing Bile during "The Freakish Lab of Dr. Vahzilok" story arc."

This will require defeating (or sparring) the following NPCs prior to beginning the arc and/or collecting their story arc souvenirs:

These five are found in the Admiral Sutter Task Force:
1.      Primal Col. Duray
2.      Praetorian Col. Duray
3.      Harbinger
4.      Jane Temblor
5.      Fusion

The next three are found in Striga Island:
6.      Archon Burkholder from Ernesto Hess Task Force
7.      Heracles from Stephanie Peebles story arc "Ring of Peebles" (3.01 Level 25-29)
8.      Arakhn from the Moonfire TF

Steel Canyon Story Arc:
9.      Sun Xiong from Graham Easton's story arc "Last Rites" (NOTE: YOU MUST SPARE HIS LIFE, NOT DEFEAT HIM FOR HIM TO SPAWN IN CELL)

Faultline Story Arcs from Jim Temblor "Rumblings of the Past" Souvenir (8.01 Level 20-24) thru Doc Deliah "The Buried Past" story arc*:
10.    Night Widow Nocturne
11.    Kurse

*NOTE: It appears that in order for these two enemies to spawn in the Zig prison cell in the mission, all four Faultline Story Arcs are required to be completed.

Shauna Stockwell's Souvenir "The Superadine Ring" (24.01 Level 15-19)
12.    Chernobog Petrovic

Kings Row Story Arc from Eagle Eye "Lords of Death" (24.02 Level 15-19)
13.    Veles Petrovic

Hollows Story Arc from Talshak the Mystic "Heart of the Hollows" (2.04 Level 10-14)
14.    Atta

Synapse Task Force (Badge: Synapse Cohort/Betrayer)
15.    Clockwork King from Synapse TF

Positron Task Force Part Two (Badge: Dam Hero, with prerequisite of Rule of Three Badge) and the original Positron Task Force via Ouroborus
16.    Dr. Vahzilok AND Rollister

One Talos Island Story Arc from Marvin Weintraub or Collin Larson (IP) "Freaklympics" (0.20 Level 25-29)

17.    "Mistah Static' from the last mission in the Freaklympics Gold Medal Souvenir Story Arc

Edited by Glacier Peak
Edited for changes per @Piecemeal and clarification from @Lines, plus arc number and level ranges from @Voltor
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• Retired Developer

No you do not get an update from Null.

Also please update this list, you need Shauna Stockwell's souvenir.

Sun Xiong must be spared. 

And the original Posi TF counts as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

10 minutes ago, Piecemeal said:

No you do not get an update from Null.

Also please update this list, you need Shauna Stockwell's souvenir.

Sun Xiong must be spared. 

And the original Posi TF counts as well.

What if you have both badges for killing & sparing Sun Xiong?

33 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Every jail cell was full - no badge upon completion, other than the one for arc completion. And, I had every badge prior to this issue, so I know I've done all those. 

@UkaseI would recommend posting this in the Bug Reports forum section. I haven't ran this on live yet, only when it was on beta. It is the first I have seen it not awarding.

Do you have all the souvenirs mentioned in the post? Did you spare Sun Xiong most recently or did you defeat him? (I know both award a badge, but perhaps it is tied to the most recent decision). If every jail cell is full, that is literally the requirement being fulfilled... hmm...

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

36 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

@UkaseI would recommend posting this in the Bug Reports forum section. I haven't ran this on live yet, only when it was on beta. It is the first I have seen it not awarding.

Do you have all the souvenirs mentioned in the post? Did you spare Sun Xiong most recently or did you defeat him? (I know both award a badge, but perhaps it is tied to the most recent decision). If every jail cell is full, that is literally the requirement being fulfilled... hmm...

I think the issue maybe the order in which we originally dealt with Sun Xiong. It was over a year ago - no recollection on what order. But looking now to see who's missing, if any.

• Retired Developer
1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Every jail cell was full - no badge upon completion, other than the one for arc completion. And, I had every badge prior to this issue, so I know I've done all those. 

I've confirmed this is working, so if you're certain you have all souvenirs, we may have to investigate. 

• Thanks 2

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

This is really the most ridiculous badge requirement I've come across. 

While I don't share your opinion on the requirements, I do enjoy that this badge is so woven in to so many story arcs. It makes sense too, considering you're in the Zig and the jail cells should be full of the enemies you defeated when you were a hero.

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

I like the idea behind this badge, its also nice that some of the requirements are quite obscure so it might make people go and investigate some of the game content rather than just do farms and MSRs all the time!

One thing to note in the original post, Jim Tremblor is the initial contact in Faultline and doesn't need to be introduced by Doc Delilah, in fact he introduces her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

1 hour ago, Piecemeal said:

I've confirmed this is working, so if you're certain you have all souvenirs, we may have to investigate. 

My apologies. On discord, someone said the cells were full...but when we ran a second time, we were missing the freak from Freak-olympics. That arc offers no badge, so I never ran it. So, ran freak-olympics and re-ran the arc and got the badge. 

The requirements for this badge are kind of ridiculous, when you think about the steps we take to get the passive hp/end boosting accolades - which aren't as involved as this one badge. 

That said - the immature PPs are over the top and the best thing about both arcs. 

Edited by Ukase

Thanks for the list!  I have added the arc number and level range of the story arcs as found in the Ouro crystal.  That way everyone can use the crystal as their check list before going for this badge!

These five are found in the Admiral Sutter Task Force:

1.      Primal Col. Duray

2.      Praetorian Col. Duray

3.      Harbinger

4.      Jane Temblor

5.      Fusion

The next three are found in Striga Island:

6.      Archon Burkholder from Ernesto Hess Task Force

7.      Heracles from Stephanie Peebles story arc "Ring of Peebles" 3.01 lvl 25-29

8.      Arakhn from the Moonfire TF

Steel Canyon Story Arc:

9.      Sun Xiong from Graham Easton's story arc "Last Rites" (NOTE: YOU MUST SPARE HIS LIFE, NOT DEFEAT HIM)  22.02 lvl 20-24

Faultline Story Arc from Jim Temblor "Rumblings of the Past" Souvenir: 8.01 lvl 20-24

10.    Night Widow Nocturne

11.    Kurse

Shauna Stockwell's Souvenir "The Superadine Ring"   24.01 lvl 15-19

12.    Chernobog Petrovic

Kings Row Story Arc from Eagle Eye "Lords of Death"  24.02 lvl 15-19

13.    Veles Petrovic

Hollows Story Arc from Talshak the Mystic "Heart of the Hollows" 2.04 lvl 10-14

14.    Atta

Synapse Task Force (Badge: Synapse Cohort/Betrayer)

15.    Clockwork King from Synapse TF

Positron Task Force Part Two (Badge: Dam Hero, with prerequisite of Rule of Three Badge) OR the original Positron Task Force via Ouroborus

16.    Dr. Vahzilok

One Talos Island Story Arc from Marvin Weintraub or Collin Larson (IP) "Freaklympics" 0.20 level 25-29

17.    "Mistah Static' from Freaklympics Gold Medal Souvenir Story Arc

• Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

7 hours ago, Kallisti said:

I also had Rollister in a cell but had one cell empty which I think was Mistah Static

Same here.
And Vandal and Hopkins are in containment devices in the same room as the Clockwork King.
Shouldn’t they be in the list too ?

7 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

While I don't share your opinion on the requirements, I do enjoy that this badge is so woven in to so many story arcs. It makes sense too, considering you're in the Zig and the jail cells should be full of the enemies you defeated when you were a hero.

I agree, it makes sense. It just seems like a lot of things to have accomplished prior to getting a badge. Even folks who get "ALL" the badges may not have done the Freakalympics arc. It's a lot, especially if you look at how involved something like an accolade is - but with the accolade, there's a permanent buff. 

Of course, nobody put a gun to my head and said - "You must get this badge!", but when you're a badger, just having a new badge is pretty much just like that. 🤣

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I agree, it makes sense. It just seems like a lot of things to have accomplished prior to getting a badge. Even folks who get "ALL" the badges may not have done the Freakalympics arc. It's a lot, especially if you look at how involved something like an accolade is - but with the accolade, there's a permanent buff. 

Of course, nobody put a gun to my head and said - "You must get this badge!", but when you're a badger, just having a new badge is pretty much just like that. 🤣

Fair enough. I tend to covet the badges which I think are worth the effort. Defeating a 1,000 citizens in Mayhem Missions is not at the top of my list, but unlocking Justiciar/Blackguard in Recluse's Victory felt good afterwards.

• Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

I can understand that you encounter them in the story arc even if you never met them beforehand.

(Though I was not sure and thought it could have been like the Doc’s scene in his cell ?)

But my question also stood for Rollister.

He’s in a cell like the others and you don’t see him if you didn’t take care of him previously, right ?

Hi, as I saw this stated in chat just now, do we have to redo all those arcs/TF’s again to make them count or does previous stuff count.

I have every badge except a couple of incarnate masters of and have 100% completed the content from Oroborus flame both red and blue sides.

All soloed.

Should I be good to go for the badge?

Thanks