Galaxy City is a starting zone again! (Kind of)

Drakwatch

Just realized that with the new update, you can get an Ouroboros Portal at level 1, and then use it to get to Echo Galaxy City. Granted, there are no missions available there, but I can at least street sweep as a lowbie in the Nebula District just as God intended.

One step closer to having Galaxy City as a starting zone again!

Thank you, devs.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

6 hours ago, Drakwatch said:

Just realized that with the new update, you can get an Ouroboros Portal at level 1, and then use it to get to Echo Galaxy City. Granted, there are no missions available there, but I can at least street sweep as a lowbie in the Nebula District just as God intended.

One step closer to having Galaxy City as a starting zone again!

Thank you, devs.

It was technically possible before.  You could create (or join) a supergroup and set up a teleporter to take you to, among all the other zones, Galaxy City (Echo).  This allowed you to bypass Ouroboros.  I think that teleport beacon has been removed with Issue 27, though.

You can also pick up the exploration badges for a quick and easy 5 merits.

• Like 3

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• 2 weeks later
7 minutes ago, genesistk said:

I would absolutely love to see Galaxy City back as a true starting zone again.  Out of all the zones, that one is the one that tightens my chest with a feeling of Nostalgia.

A little NitroGlycerin under the tongue my help relieve that tight chest issue.

Just sayin.... 

On 12/1/2020 at 8:53 AM, Jeneki said:

Always love that epic fist bump for the Tank badge.

That's one I like trying to get the "old fashioned" way - just sprint, hop up the back of the leg to the hip, shoulder, try to jump on the hand (though if you miss that, getting close enough still gets the badge.)

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I just want to start Redside in the Zig again, breakout and get the Arachnos Flyer ride to Fort Darwin.  That is the epic start to great storylines lol.  Sure, it doesnt fit for every concept.  But it works well for a great number.  And it always felt right.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

I just want to start Redside in the Zig again, breakout and get the Arachnos Flyer ride to Fort Darwin.  That is the epic start to great storylines lol. 

The old tutorial is still available by choosing it when you leave the Character Creator.  (Select "Play The Tutorial" then "Breakout".)

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

11 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

The old tutorial is still available by choosing it when you leave the Character Creator.  (Select "Play The Tutorial" then "Breakout".)

True but you can't start in the old Fort Darwin like the old days.

• Like 2

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

Nostalgia.. yes! Villains starting at the north end of Mercy Island at Fort Darwin was better. (just my opinion)

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

21 hours ago, genesistk said:

I would absolutely love to see Galaxy City back as a true starting zone again.  Out of all the zones, that one is the one that tightens my chest with a feeling of Nostalgia.

Maybe we should see if Veidt Industries can help. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com