Everytime I use Shout I die inside.

Nemu

3 second animation for a single target non-snipe attack that doesn't do snipe level damage, delayed projectile delivery, semi slow projectile. Concentrated Strike users rejoice, there is a power that's even more feel bad than CS, on a power used by squishier ATs no less. Regen nerf herders lament because regen nerfs are nothing compared to what's done to this power. Nerf Regen!

Maybe in the past there are concerns about -RES being OP but OP has moved on and settled on other game metas and it's certainly not the clunky AF sonic blast set. I'm not going to get into the sonic AoEs which are also clunky, let's focus on shout. Is there any reason not to speed up the animation and the damage delivery of shout? What am I not seeing?

• Haha 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

23 minutes ago, Nemu said:

What am I not seeing?

Well you see, there's a curious relationship between Sonic sound fx files and it's encoded damage formula. The more effective its dps, the louder the powers are. 

You can see the dilemma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These are the nerfs I can do without.
Come on, I'm talking to devs, come on

Edited by Rejolt
  • Haha 3

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

1 hour ago, Monos King said:

Well you see, there's a curious relationship between Sonic sound fx files and it's encoded damage formula. The more effective its dps, the louder the powers are. 

You can see the dilemma.

That's why when I play sonic, I crank up the volume to max and play it through my Dolby 7.1 surround sound system via Bluetooth. I literally one shot anything less than Hami.

Hami takes me 2 hits per mito, and 5 for the Hamidon itself.

Definitely endorse cranking the volume to max when playing Sonic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

That's why when I play sonic, I crank up the volume to max and play it through my Dolby 7.1 surround sound system via Bluetooth. I literally one shot anything less than Hami.

You must really enjoy inflicting migraines on everyone in your house.

For the record, as an electrical blaster fan and wanting Tesla Cage, Short Circuit and Voltaic Sentinel to get reworked...., Shout needs it more.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

7 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Lil Jon fully endorses this.

WHAT?

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

These are the things I can do without.

Come on, I'm talking to you.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I'm pretty sure Shout is like the only t3 blast power that's considered skippable and using it in attack chains is almost always a net loss.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

12 hours ago, macskull said:

I'm pretty sure Shout is like the only t3 blast power that's considered skippable and using it in attack chains is almost always a net loss.

Indeed. The sniper change helped Electrical blast, Archery and Assault Rifle's ST attack chain enough. Sonic didn't get that. I'd say Dual Wield is in the same boat but most of my toons skip it unless I want a proc'd ST attack. -Res doesn't allow as many procs because it's side effect doesn't allow you to slot for it.

Shout would need a mag .5 KD or inherent stun chance to justify it's current animation time but we all want the damage as is and the animation cut down (to 1.83 or so?)

Edited by Rejolt

I don't envy the person who has to figure out how to balance Sonic Attack. Even with Shout broken, the set has the issue of being more of a debuff set than an actual blast set. 

Possibly Shout should be a Snipe on Blasters and Corruptors to up their single target damage, but modified in some other way for Defenders to prevent Defender Sonic Attack from elevating even further as a top Defender set.