The state of warshades.

Calzano

1. Passive power granting mag 4 status prot in human form

2. Raise the damage cap

3. Toggles suppress in forms, balance end issue

4. Orbiting debt carries over to dwarf

5. Make extraction pets much tougher

This would solve most Warshade issues. Warshader do not need more slots, there's plenty. Going forms has always had that opportunity cost, which is one of the rewarding challenges of getting it right.

On 4/3/2021 at 6:03 PM, SwitchFade said:

2. Raise the damage cap

This would solve most Warshade issues. Warshader do not need more slots, there's plenty. Going forms has always had that opportunity cost, which is one of the rewarding challenges of getting it right.

Assuming thats orbital death that can be toggled in dwarf for warshades? what could be equivalent for peace bringers to use whilst in their dwarf form? 

7 hours ago, chi1701 said:

Assuming thats orbital death that can be toggled in dwarf for warshades? what could be equivalent for peace bringers to use whilst in their dwarf form? 

Being able to run Solar Flare along with Dwarf Flare would be pretty sick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

18 minutes ago, Bunmaster said:

Double Mire would be awesome, but i think it might be a bit too OP. I personally don't have room for Pulsar.

Can already have double mire for warshades and pulsar is a peace bringer ability

3 minutes ago, chi1701 said:

Can already have double mire for warshades and pulsar is a peace bringer ability

I meant Double Flare, not Mire. Yeah i don't have room for Pulsar on my PB. I think if you want double Flare, have to work for it.

20 minutes ago, Ohsirus said:

Number one is toggle suppression. I could do without any of the other changes, but this has always seemed a dumb mechanic to me. You design a toon to change forms, but punish them for changing out of form.

Definitely, for both PB and WS.

1 hour ago, chi1701 said:

would be more of a fan of pulsar, nice addition to support defensive stance

Proof that the City has all kinds, and that is a Good ThingTM, because Pulsar didn't even come to mind. Low mag, not great duration, too long to recharge, as well as requires a lot of slots that are already going to be committed to making the forms function, but it could stack with mezzes from other characters to lock-down things as a team. Maybe if the power was adjusted?

Solar Flare does respectable enough damage slotted so most builds that have Human-form powers have it, provides some defensive utility in its knock (and could be converted to Knockdown to keep things close to the Dwarf), and can use a Forced Feedback proc and an Achilles's Heel proc.

1 minute ago, Bunmaster said:

I meant Double Flare, not Mire. Yeah i don't have room for Pulsar on my PB. I think if you want double Flare, have to work for it.

Double Flare came to mind because a previous poster mentioned Orbiting Death for Black Dwarf, so I went with a more offensive choice.

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

47 minutes ago, archgemini24 said:

Proof that the City has all kinds, and that is a Good ThingTM, because Pulsar didn't even come to mind. Low mag, not great duration, too long to recharge, as well as requires a lot of slots that are already going to be committed to making the forms function, but it could stack with mezzes from other characters to lock-down things as a team. Maybe if the power was adjusted?

Solar Flare does respectable enough damage slotted so most builds that have Human-form powers have it, provides some defensive utility in its knock (and could be converted to Knockdown to keep things close to the Dwarf), and can use a Forced Feedback proc and an Achilles's Heel proc.

Double Flare came to mind because a previous poster mentioned Orbiting Death for Black Dwarf, so I went with a more offensive choice.

Pulsar when compared to other ATs like lightening clap offers similar results. Lightening clap has shorter cooldown but disorient is shorter duration, Pulsar has longer cooldown but longer disorient duration. Both fully slotted:

Pulsar 13.26s cooldown mag 2 and 1 - 23.7s duration

Lightening clap 8.05s cooldown mag 2 and 1 15.4s  duration

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chi1701 said:

Pulsar when compared to other ATs like lightening clap offers similar results. Lightening clap has shorter cooldown but disorient is shorter duration, Pulsar has longer cooldown but longer disorient duration. Both fully slotted:

Pulsar 13.26s cooldown mag 2 and 1 - 23.7s duration

Lightening clap 8.05s cooldown mag 2 and 1 15.4s  duration

Thank you for providing the numbers. They make me feel more justified in not taking or recommending Pulsar, but good to see!

• Haha 1

Glitter - Warshade;

30 minutes ago, archgemini24 said:

Thank you for providing the numbers. They make me feel more justified in not taking or recommending Pulsar, but good to see!

not disagreeing its bad, only use it for set bonuses for my build

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chi1701 said:

not disagreeing its bad, only use it for set bonuses for my build

If I could wave a wand at strictly Pulsar, I would change it to mag 3 and 1. Either way, PB's don't get a lot in the way of hard-control effects, so the few they get could afford to stand on their own a little better.

They'll never be Controllers, Dominators, or even Warshades, but at least the power will no longer be "either get it for the set bonuses, or hard skip."

Glitter - Warshade;

23 hours ago, archgemini24 said:

If I could wave a wand at strictly Pulsar, I would change it to mag 3 and 1. Either way, PB's don't get a lot in the way of hard-control effects, so the few they get could afford to stand on their own a little better.

They'll never be Controllers, Dominators, or even Warshades, but at least the power will no longer be "either get it for the set bonuses, or hard skip."

unfortunately as a form only player and the nature of forms and their restrictions, got 9 fillers either to fill or for set bonuses only

edited, page 4 on flight changes, still no update on combat flight for keldians, makes me wonder if anything we suggest would taken seriously.

Edited by chi1701
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, Ohsirus said:

Number one is toggle suppression. I could do without any of the other changes, but this has always seemed a dumb mechanic to me. You design a toon to change forms, but punish them for changing out of form.

I think having this would make people wan to invest more time into WS/PB’s. As a newbie to WS/PB’s, it hasn’t been fun setting/learning the macros. But the They are such a blast to play when you figure all that out. It would definitely be a welcoming Quality of life change. Maybe at least let you keep passive toggles on

Edited by Dahkness

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

• 2 months later
On 4/3/2021 at 10:03 AM, SwitchFade said:

2. Raise the damage cap

This would solve most Warshade issues. Warshades do not need more slots, there's plenty. Going forms has always had that opportunity cost, which is one of the rewarding challenges of getting it right.

Just dusted off my Triformer, was reminded why I play him so little and came here to quote myself and keep this thread going.

Kheldians need help.

I feel like you should have access to a reasonably slotted basic single target attack chain in a 3 forms. Standard 3 power t1-t2-t3 sort of deal. 

As is, right now, you can kind of do this with 7 powers (the human T1 carries over to dwarf, and the human T2 carries over nova).

But thats a lot of slots. Like a lot. 

Maybe there's a way to have to slot a T1 attack only once? And a T2 only once? And a T3 (or second T1 for dwarf / second T2 for nova) only once? Only 1 power needs slots, and the rest inherit their enhancement values from the power that's slotted? 

I dunno. Details need to be worked out. I've not thought of an elegant solution, hence why I haven't made a thread about it. 

All I can say is I copied the coffin or queen coffin build.. Was a human only WS build.. It was raved about.. Made to sound super uber.. Build was almost a billion to build. 
As it was HORRENDOUS..  ZERO status resistance..  

My common test is the Alpha unlock for incarnates.. I run it on 8/3 and tone it down from there to see. I do this to test out my PETLESS and SEMI PETLESS masterminds.. So you know I am already gimped..  

I can tell you my Petless and semi petless masterminds did 1000x better than this build.. Every group of mobs he was held and slept and just about died..  

Mind you I will admit doing the Tri form would be difficult or pain in the backside for me.  But I thought Human only would be cool.  Further this build had defenses.. 
Right now he is my only ever level 50 stripped just sitting there doing nothing..  I will rework him one day when I get a better grasp around the tricks for slotting WS for mule sets and the game mechanics around them.

17 hours ago, plainguy said:

All I can say is I copied the coffin or queen coffin build.. Was a human only WS build.. It was raved about.. Made to sound super uber.. Build was almost a billion to build. 
As it was HORRENDOUS..  ZERO status resistance..  

My common test is the Alpha unlock for incarnates.. I run it on 8/3 and tone it down from there to see. I do this to test out my PETLESS and SEMI PETLESS masterminds.. So you know I am already gimped..  

I can tell you my Petless and semi petless masterminds did 1000x better than this build.. Every group of mobs he was held and slept and just about died..  

Mind you I will admit doing the Tri form would be difficult or pain in the backside for me.  But I thought Human only would be cool.  Further this build had defenses.. 
Right now he is my only ever level 50 stripped just sitting there doing nothing..  I will rework him one day when I get a better grasp around the tricks for slotting WS for mule sets and the game mechanics around them.

I tried multiple tri-form Warshades back during Live but never enjoyed them at all.  Too wearying for me switching back and forth.  But with the recent changes to Teleportation I thought I would try a Human Only build.   And it is amazing.  One of my favorite toons now.  Run into the middle of a map, hit Shadow Slip/Fold Space, hit Mire, then start blasting away.  Everything is stunned and wandering around.  I love it.  Added Spring Attack to get more AOE and that power with procs is quite excellent now too.  But that all said - it is indeed a pain in the butt to play without using Defensive Amplifiers to provide Status Protection.  And I don't really understand why there isn't some Human Only Status Protection available for a Warshade.  So I would agree, without some way to gain Status Protection I would probably strip the toon down and never play it again as well.  But with Amplifiers - what a blast!

• Like 1

• 3 months later
On 3/18/2021 at 12:25 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Restarted my chaos mage HO warshade for 10th time (or more, no clue,) Loaded her up with amps and double xp, she's run nothing but Shadowstar's arcs and is lvl 20 again. Maybe this time I'll get her right.

I do find that for all the downsides, warshades are still a blast to watch in action.

My chaos mage is now and has been a fire/bio sentinel for a long time now. There's no getting around the facts: Kheldians suck. Human only, tri-form, bi-form, it doesn't matter. Whatever you end up shooting for some other AT can do it better.

I understand WarShades and Peacebringers were supposed to be a very unique class..

I created some death coffin build that was close to a billion in influence and it sucked balls.. 

For me my Litmus test is the Incarnate mission. I run it on 8/3 on my builds and see how they fare and then I kick it down accordingly.. The Warshade was mezzed every dam second.. I literally did not have enough break frees on my tray to handle the mezz..

Mind you this is coming from a player that has petless masterminds running this exact same mission on 8/3 setting..  You can look this up in my signature. The biggest issue I had with petless masterminds is Endurance.. But I expected it. 

Nonetheless I pulled all his IOs and he is shelved until I can figure out what to do with him.