City of Heroes is Up for Best Classic MMOG

Apparition

4 hours ago, Greycat said:

Looks like it's more "Dethrone SWG."

I didn't even know SWG still had servers that were still going out there... My late husband used to talk about that game all the time, lol.

I threw my vote in for CoH. 🙂

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

4 hours ago, Supertanker said:

That's funny, I bought a nice new computer in anticipation of Star Wars Galaxies but it turned out to be really boring. Luckily City of Heroes came out not long after and made the new system worth it.

Never played SWG past a few min cause my comp was so bad.   I did start playing COH back in 05 after quitting Diablo 2 for having no fun farming and being almost ready to buy stuff 3rd party.   You can guess that at D3 launch, I didn't play THAT for very long.

I played a great many of the games on that list (15 out of 25!), and enjoyed nearly all of them (even the ones that so far have less than 10 votes, and all except for EVE... I tried to like it, I wanted to like it, but good grief NO). Many others on the list I would (and have) happily picked up and played again (most recently DDO). However, CoX is my happy place and my Forever Game, and I will ALWAYS be grateful that I can now return to it whenever needs be.

51 minutes ago, Machariel said:

I voted for CoH and EVE and none of you can stop me 😤

And I voted for CoH and SWG, because SWG was my first MMO.  I bought my first PC specifically for it too. 😜

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

14 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

Never played SWG past a few min cause my comp was so bad.   I did start playing COH back in 05 after quitting Diablo 2 for having no fun farming and being almost ready to buy stuff 3rd party.   You can guess that at D3 launch, I didn't play THAT for very long.

For D2, back in the day I found a mod altered the loot tables. It made specific pieces of gear guaranteed drops from specific bosses, so that you could actually complete the unique sets without endless farming (I'll note that I only started using this mod after beating the game multiple times the "proper" way). But yeah, I lasted about 2 weeks in D3.