Is it time to buff Hami? How would you?

Greycat

The arguments to buff Hami I feel are similar arguments to buff any supposedly end-game content in the game, since all of it is made trivial by some combination of IOs/Incarnates.

My suggestion to make teeth gnash is to hard cap defence numbers for non-Tanks below 45%, particularly those that should be glass cannons.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 0th Power said:

I don’t think very many people would claim that current rewards are inline with the difficulty of defeat the hamidon. So I’m gonna throw out a (admittedly, false dilemma) question for those are against making changes to the current hamidon meta:

given the choice between keep the same difficulty and lower reward or increasing difficulty and keeping rewards the same, what would you choose?

Neither. I would have an instanced hami raid through LFG or a contact that can allow for difficulty modifiers similar to task forces for the people that want to mess with the difficulty level. 

Players who want harder hami raids can then find like minded players to join their league and they can play how they want to play.  People who enjoy it the way it is can play the normal zone hami raids with no changes. Win win. 

A change should not be forced on the rest of the players that enjoy things the way they are just to make a different subset of players happy. Give the players that want the change an option for harder difficulty and then they can recruit like minded players. No need to change the zone hami. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Greycat said:

So, in the Hami raid I was just in, someone brought up... "Is it time to buff Hami?"

It's kind of a legit question. Hami was "the" endgame raid, for quite a while.

One design pillar of City of Heroes has been character developing around the N-vulnerabilty philosophy of comic book heroes. You can have an all powerful being, but there is at least one gaping hole that can be exploited to defeat said being.  Superman is vulnerable to kryptonite (and has no defense against magic iirc), but otherwise he is invulnerable. If you look at Tank builds, all of the powersets allow you to reach most caps depending on slotting, but you still have a couple deficiencies and probably one giant hole. With teamwork (i.e. buffs), you can shore up most holes to a satisfactory degree. As you said, Hamidon was the endgame for a while and the devs needed a special twist to make it so a zone full of characters couldn't just craft a League setup (buffs), to marginalize risk and roflstomp the endgame. 

Hamidon employs many defenses (mito swarm, mito blooms) and dishes out "special damage" to force a raid to jump through specific hoops to be successful. The implementation of EoE inspirations (60 seconds of 100% resistance to "special damage") makes it so you need to use them or be lucky enough to not get hit. You can still get hit and take damage even if you have an EoE active. Mez protection can also be important (CC teams that take on Mending Mitos often have problems getting Stunned, Terrorized and knocked back). 

This is my solution to your problem.

Step 1: Lock the zone to level 44. 

Under the current set of behaviors, if you are more than five levels above the team/instance level, you have access to powers at that level +5. So under this scenario, the moment you walk into the zone, you have access to powers up to & including your level 49 power. But you won't have access to your Incarnates. Balance/rebalance GMs, Hamidon and Mitos for being level 44 if necessary. 

This should sorta simulate conditions prior to when Incarnates were available. It should still be possible to two-step Hamidon (or three-step) under these conditions.

Step 2: Consider rolling back the zone cap of 50 characters to what it was prior to the change in 2019.

We used to be able to field more than one full League (six teams of eight) in the zone for a Hamidon Raid, but it quickly became a roflstomp blitz that completely ignored the encounter mechanics, especially with Lore pets. If all Incarnate powers are unavailable, consider allowing more than 50 people in the zone again. Depending on how many people you have in zone, you can one/two/three step the Hamidon encounter or maybe Hamikaze. Maybe a League composition emphasis on debuffs could help skew towards a one-step or a kaze style assault. 

Step 3: Implement a Power Pool that helps with "special damage", aka untyped damage attacks. 

The pivot of the EoE inspiration being the player's main decision making point concerning the Hamidon encounter is heavy handed. If you run out before the encounter is done, there is basically nothing you can do except leave the blast zone or hope you are lucky. Plus it is completely random as to how many drops you get from killing GMs and the spawning of Hamidon is totally random as well. 

Step 4: Let the playerbase design their characters around how they want to attack content. 

When a player looks at the after action report of a failed Hamidon assault, all you see is a wall of "special damage" before you eat dirt. Once a bloom occurs there is a very small window where you can either kill Hamidon or get overwhelmed with stacked attacks. Most people do not understand the mechanics of Hamidon and just show up to punch the hit point bag (sometimes using EoE, or not). Their only references for improvement are "do what the raid leader says" or to look at the Info on the EoE inspiration and wonder what went wrong. 

Power Pool: Mysterious Power

You ventured into a realm you were not supposed to see and have been forever altered. Or you have been visited by a Greek God and had a special gift bestowed upon you to serve a higher purpose. You don't have a full grasp on what this power means, but it can let you operate outside of normal rules of the universe as Earthlings know them. 

Power 1: Touched by the Abyss (or Gift of the Gods)

This power provides a two pronged vulnerability. Your defensive soft caps are reduced by a small percentage (5% maybe) and your resistance to "special damage" caps at 80%. And your team gets a special foe inserted into mobs you face in instances, sorta like Quantums for Kheldians. It does "special damage" (aka untyped) attacks and generally tries to defeat you. This could be an alien sent to retrieve whatever power you stole or emissary from a competing Greek God to thwart whatever grand plan. 

Now for the good part. You get a Defense against "special damage", like 15% maybe (the number is just there to give you a rough idea as to how effective I envision it to be). 

Power 2: Gift from Beyond

This power is only selectable if Power 1 has been taken. This power operates like the P2W power that generates inspirations. It is on a 3 minute cooldown. It creates a EoE inspiration. You can augment this power with Recharge, Damage, Accuracy, Endurance Modification, Heal, Defense or Resistance enhancements. Doing so will reduce the cooldown (recharge) and/or skew the randomness to favor a particular type of inspiration (dam/acc/end/heal/def/resist) to represent your benefactor's specialty/background. 

Additionally, this power augments what happens when you consume a EoE inspiration. Along with the standard "special damage resistance" you also get the equivalent of a random small inspiration buff that aligns with the randomness percentages as dictated by the enh slotting of this power. For reference, you can only eat one EoE inspiration at a time. 

Power 3: Empowered Strike (or Divine Smite)

This power is only selectable if Power 1 has been taken. This is a special attack that is untyped and has no melee or ranged classification. It has a range/reach of 15ft, single target, long recharge. It is important that the customization of this power be extensive (lots of alternate animations that provide melee and ranged interpretations). Flip whatever switches are required to disallow the slotting of IO sets in this power.

Power 4: Clarity of Purpose

This power is only selectable if Power 1 has been taken. This click power zeroes out your "special damage" defense you got in Power 1, boosts regeneration & recovery and buffs resistance to regen/recovery debuffs. You also get the equivalent of a small mez protection inspiration buff. Using this power locks out the use of Conduit of Power. 

There are times where you have an EoE active and you start taking damage anyways and it just piles on. There is nothing you can do about it. You just keep getting hit and all healing is debuffed into the floor. All you can do (if you aren't also mez'd) is run/jump/fly away and wait out the debuff then heal back up. Hamidon & the Mitos sometimes just decide that damage is gonna leak through on you and there is nothing you can do about it. 

Power 5: Conduit of Power

You can only select this power if you have selected two other powers in this pool prior. 

You channel your special gift to protect your team, but at great cost to you. This click power zeroes out your "special damage" defense you got in Power 1, halves your hit point pool and reduces your resistance to "special damage" to a cap of 50% for the duration. It also provides +X% defense (all damage types including "special") to everyone else on your team within 80ft. Using this power excludes you from benefiting from anyone else on your team that uses Conduit of Power. Using this power locks out the use of Clarity of Purpose. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I would much rather see limits placed on access to incarnate powers in non-incarnate content than see the non-incarnate content buffed to the level where incarnate powers have become a requirement to run it.

In general if faced with one choice or another, I would side with this (and truth be told, I'm not all that concerned about this issue anyway, really), but

• People absolutely start calling for blood if you take something away from them and I have no doubt that'd go any differently here
  • Lots of folk are already complaining about the game being too steamrollery, at all levels

So yes, let's combine two unpopular things, that's sure to work!  😁

Mainly I was just being a bit of a devil's advocate; I do currently like MSRs just the way they are and have died myself plenty of times on those ITFs, Dark Astoria content, etc.  Personally I agree that "if you don't like playing that way, then don't.  Take your ball and go start your own team with your rules, because that does always work out, the game has room for everyone and all play styles."

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

A change should not be forced on the rest of the players that enjoy things the way they are just to make a different subset of players happy. Give the players that want the change an option for harder difficulty and then they can recruit like minded players. No need to change the zone hami. 

Since this sort of thing has been mentioned, it should be pointed out the Hamidon raid *has* been changed (whether players liked it or not) in the past already. There's no Golden Dawn that can cause a raid to fail. There's no Hold phase any longer (we send controllers to hold the green mitos, but that's about it.) The people that enjoyed those had the raid changed on them and had to adapt. So, to me, this is kind of an invalid counterpoint. The devs can and will change the game no matter how happy or unhappy any group of players is with it. The live devs did it, the devs here have done it - after all, just look at the transportation changes and power changes *this issue.* Those changes were forced on players. Having a level cap raised from 40-50 was forced on players. The Faultline change was forced on players. The RCS turning into the RWZ with missions and a raid was forced on players.  Your options, when it comes to changes, are accept the change, don't and stop playing, or go to another server - the third, of course, forcing its *own* set of changes on its players. That's the nature of a live service game model - you can't choose not to accept a patch and continue playing.

I will stress this does not mean "I like it as is and wouldn't like to see it changed" is not an invalid position to have, though. You're (generic you) perfectly welcome to have and state that opinion. A "why" would be nice, too, just to flesh it out. Even so, we've had 2-3 of those. And I'm *perfectly happy to see people say that, too.* (Just stay polite about it.)

And I kind of feel it has to be mentioned, since some people sound outright offended I brought up anything - I'm not actually advocating for *any* of these changes. I'm taking a player comment and, finding it interesting, running with it here for discussion. I'm not a dev, I have no particular pull, even though I threw out some example ideas does not mean I'm saying "change it this way." You don't have to argue with me or be angry with me, or the original commenter, for bringing it up. It really *was* an offhand comment that, thanks to the followup commentary in the raid, I found interesting enough to start a discussion here. Discussion, folks, not argument - some of the posts started sounding a bit personally-offended here.

And, I should note, the discussion isn't necessarily about making hamidon *harder,* though that can be part of it - yes, even though I mentioned buffing him in the title - but shaking up the experience. (Also mentioned in the top post.) It can be mechanically *changed* without nerfing anyone or taking anything away - but it seems very few people are even noticing that was mentioned. Throw some ideas out there on what you'd maybe find interesting. Whether it's on the primal raid or - as some people have picked up on - the Prae Hami, which honestly is a more powerful hamidon in all its earth-spanning glory, it seems (which is part of why the main hami raid, to me, feels like it may not be living up to its "big raid" potential any more.)

If I were going to define a *problem?* To me it would be this: Right now on a Hami raid, there only has to be at a *max* five people actually paying attention to what's going on, out of a full zone of 50.  The raid leader, Hami taunter, and lead for each mito type - and the raid leader is probably taking on one of those roles. The rest? Follow, target through mito type lead, press attack keys in sequence, occasionally take an EOE.  If I'm on my Mind/Time, for instance, I'm literally going 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 EOE 1-2-3-4. It's pretty much true for any other AT I bring along, with only a minor change for hamikazes. (And this is without me even needing to *use* any Incarnate abilities - Judgement on the buds, maybe, other than that, I'm just getting a single level shift.) And you know what, I'll admit sometimes for me this is *just* fine. Long day at work, it's a no-thought process 'til Hami's down and I need some AOEs for the buds. Repeat twice, 120 merits, or 80 and 4 Emps or what have you.

You tell me, though. Is that good or bad? Should the "end game" raid, the big bad, allow that? Or should it be more engaging and interesting? Thus... "Shake it up."

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 hours ago, 0th Power said:

I’m not aware of any places with no rewards...

also, you didn’t answer the question. 

also, why shouldn’t they spend time on it? Because you don’t want it to change? 

you must not play the game. There are a number of mobs that give zero rewards.

They shouldnt spend time on it because it does the player base zero benefit. New content and new zones/ats/power sets give us new and exciting things to do. nerfing our rewards, not so much.

3 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Neither. I would have an instanced hami raid through LFG or a contact that can allow for difficulty modifiers similar to task forces for the people that want to mess with the difficulty level. 

Players who want harder hami raids can then find like minded players to join their league and they can play how they want to play.  People who enjoy it the way it is can play the normal zone hami raids with no changes. Win win. 

people that want incarnates removed from use can form tfs/raids etc that advertise "no incarnates" everyone can unslot their incarnates at no cost and go to town. If there arent enough people that want that, well that speaks for itself.

7 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

This is how games get ruined.

Discussing things? I don't think so.

You've made it clear you don't think there's any need for change. Thanks. Anything else?

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

15 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

you must not play the game. There are a number of mobs that give zero rewards.

They shouldnt spend time on it because it does the player base zero benefit. New content and new zones/ats/power sets give us new and exciting things to do. nerfing our rewards, not so much.

First. The items that give "zero rewards" tend to be pets (gun drones, Sky Raider engineer FF generators)  - or things that the summoner (such as comm officers) had their *own* XP increased to compensate for. If one does not, put in a bug report. If you do not think this is a good design, start a thread of your own in suggestions.

Second, as I've told others, it's not your place to determine what the devs should or should not spend time on. You are not a dev. The devs are big boys and girls. They can determine for themselves whether something is worth spending time on or it gives any benefit. "I do not like it" is not the same as "this gives zero benefit and isn't worth dev time."  That *aside* from the fact that this is not being put in as a suggestion, but as a discussion. I suggest you go and read the initial posts where I explain exactly that, because going over your comments so far it doesn't sound like you have at all.

Third, yes, new content is nice. Revamping old content and power sets *also* gives us new and exciting things to do. The developers, live and here, are aware of this. This is why we've had Positron revamped. Synapse. Yin swapped in. Faultline, the RWZ and DA reworked. Powersets reworked - including in the issue we're currently in.

Fourth, I'd *greatly* appreciate not throwing things out disparaging other players such as "You must not play the game." If you can't do that, please be a jerk elsewhere. Because I'll tell you, I'm seeing it more and more and have hit my *limit* on it today. Start your own thread, call it "Greycat's an asshole" and gripe there if you can't help yourself. (Because, frankly, I am or can be one, and I'm fine with that.)

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Discussing things? I don't think so.

You've made it clear you don't think there's any need for change. Thanks. Anything else?

Not discussing things.  Hello, are you really making a discussion out of this?  You said there wasn't a fix.

Fixing something that isn't broken breaks games.  People complain endlessly about a feature.  They are arrogant in they suggest "making the game better" when it is simply "making it different" but could simply mean "better for that person".

How about making it cogent?  Make a list of bullet points of very specific "issues" YOU HAVE with it.  Then we can have an actual discussion point by point.  That would be better than what we have going in this "discussion".  Or is this "discussion" is your are just bored and need to babble about it.

People need to be honest here.  If you are tired of farming this because you got all you want but now want maybe less payouts say so.  Say you to game the mechanics to get more stuff using "risk reward" gambit.  Say it, own it.

what do I want:

1)  be honest

2)  talk your agenda.  no hidden agendas.

3)  You said it didn't need to fixing.  So tell us something that isn't fixing.

4)  measurable things. 

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

7 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

what do I want:

1)  be honest

2)  talk your agenda.  no hidden agendas.

3)  You said it didn't need to fixing.  So tell us something that isn't fixing.

4)  measurable things. 

Read the first two posts. Everything is laid out there. There is no agenda. I don't play those little BS games.  If you don't want to believe that, or are busy believing everyone else is lying, then there's no point in going further.

Edited by Greycat

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

First. The items that give "zero rewards" tend to be pets (gun drones, Sky Raider engineer FF generators)  - or things that the summoner (such as comm officers) had their *own* XP increased to compensate for. If one does not, put in a bug report. If you do not think this is a good design, start a thread of your own in suggestions.

Second, as I've told others, it's not your place to determine what the devs should or should not spend time on. You are not a dev. The devs are big boys and girls. They can determine for themselves whether something is worth spending time on or it gives any benefit. "I do not like it" is not the same as "this gives zero benefit and isn't worth dev time."  That *aside* from the fact that this is not being put in as a suggestion, but as a discussion. I suggest you go and read the initial posts where I explain exactly that, because going over your comments so far it doesn't sound like you have at all.

Third, yes, new content is nice. Revamping old content and power sets *also* gives us new and exciting things to do. The developers, live and here, are aware of this. This is why we've had Positron revamped. Synapse. Yin swapped in. Faultline, the RWZ and DA reworked. Powersets reworked - including in the issue we're currently in.

Fourth, I'd *greatly* appreciate not throwing things out disparaging other players such as "You must not play the game." If you can't do that, please be a jerk elsewhere. Because I'll tell you, I'm seeing it more and more and have hit my *limit* on it today. Start your own thread, call it "Greycat's an asshole" and gripe there if you can't help yourself. (Because, frankly, I am or can be one, and I'm fine with that.)

If you dont know what doesnt give xp, you dont play the game. communications officers dont give rewards and neither do their summons. As for the devs time, I am just as right to give my 2 cents worth as to what I would like the devs to spend or not spend as you are to be suggesting nerfs to rewards. Commentors do NOT have to make their own threads just so you can claim ownership rights to this part of the forum turf.  Pretty much all of us can claim times we have been asshats, I dont find it appropriate for anyone here to make a thread calling somone one  I know I am that way at times, that is why I quit PVP.

53 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

If you dont know what doesnt give xp, you dont play the game. communications officers dont give rewards and neither do their summons.

Went to RWZ. Pulled one comm officer. Killed just that. Gee, look at that yellow text, right after the green that declares I have defeated the Communications Officer. That is XP, Inf and Incarnate XP. Also known as "rewards."

THis is apparently not XP.png

You were saying?  (Apparently you were saying you don't play the game.)

You are also not reaading the thread, as I did not suggest a nerf to rewards.

So, either read the thread and be constructive, or, quite frankly, stop trolling.

Actually, either one you do, I won't see, as you're no longer worth the time.

My apologies to everyone else. This troll just got on my final nerve and needed dealing with.

Edited by Greycat
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Greycat said:

Since this sort of thing has been mentioned, it should be pointed out the Hamidon raid *has* been changed (whether players liked it or not) in the past already. There's no Golden Dawn that can cause a raid to fail. There's no Hold phase any longer (we send controllers to hold the green mitos, but that's about it.) The people that enjoyed those had the raid changed on them and had to adapt. So, to me, this is kind of an invalid counterpoint. The devs can and will change the game no matter how happy or unhappy any group of players is with it. The live devs did it, the devs here have done it - after all, just look at the transportation changes and power changes *this issue.* Those changes were forced on players. Having a level cap raised from 40-50 was forced on players. The Faultline change was forced on players. The RCS turning into the RWZ with missions and a raid was forced on players.  Your options, when it comes to changes, are accept the change, don't and stop playing, or go to another server - the third, of course, forcing its *own* set of changes on its players. That's the nature of a live service game model - you can't choose not to accept a patch and continue playing.

I will stress this does not mean "I like it as is and wouldn't like to see it changed" is not an invalid position to have, though. You're (generic you) perfectly welcome to have and state that opinion. A "why" would be nice, too, just to flesh it out. Even so, we've had 2-3 of those. And I'm *perfectly happy to see people say that, too.* (Just stay polite about it.)

And I kind of feel it has to be mentioned, since some people sound outright offended I brought up anything - I'm not actually advocating for *any* of these changes. I'm taking a player comment and, finding it interesting, running with it here for discussion. I'm not a dev, I have no particular pull, even though I threw out some example ideas does not mean I'm saying "change it this way." You don't have to argue with me or be angry with me, or the original commenter, for bringing it up. It really *was* an offhand comment that, thanks to the followup commentary in the raid, I found interesting enough to start a discussion here. Discussion, folks, not argument - some of the posts started sounding a bit personally-offended here.

And, I should note, the discussion isn't necessarily about making hamidon *harder,* though that can be part of it - yes, even though I mentioned buffing him in the title - but shaking up the experience. (Also mentioned in the top post.) It can be mechanically *changed* without nerfing anyone or taking anything away - but it seems very few people are even noticing that was mentioned. Throw some ideas out there on what you'd maybe find interesting. Whether it's on the primal raid or - as some people have picked up on - the Prae Hami, which honestly is a more powerful hamidon in all its earth-spanning glory, it seems (which is part of why the main hami raid, to me, feels like it may not be living up to its "big raid" potential any more.)

If I were going to define a *problem?* To me it would be this: Right now on a Hami raid, there only has to be at a *max* five people actually paying attention to what's going on, out of a full zone of 50.  The raid leader, Hami taunter, and lead for each mito type - and the raid leader is probably taking on one of those roles. The rest? Follow, target through mito type lead, press attack keys in sequence, occasionally take an EOE.  If I'm on my Mind/Time, for instance, I'm literally going 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 EOE 1-2-3-4. It's pretty much true for any other AT I bring along, with only a minor change for hamikazes. (And this is without me even needing to *use* any Incarnate abilities - Judgement on the buds, maybe, other than that, I'm just getting a single level shift.) And you know what, I'll admit sometimes for me this is *just* fine. Long day at work, it's a no-thought process 'til Hami's down and I need some AOEs for the buds. Repeat twice, 120 merits, or 80 and 4 Emps or what have you.

You tell me, though. Is that good or bad? Should the "end game" raid, the big bad, allow that? Or should it be more engaging and interesting? Thus... "Shake it up."

None of this is a reason to not have a separate instanced hami raid with difficulty modifiers for the people that want them. Those that don’t can do the zone event without changes. 

There is no reason to not do it this way other than to force those who don’t want changes to deal with the changes anyway.  

Having an instanced hami raid with difficulty modifiers allows those that want to change it up to do so without infringing on those that like it the way it is. 

14 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

None of this is a reason to not have a separate instanced hami raid with difficulty modifiers for the people that want them. Those that don’t can do the zone event without changes. 

There is no reason to not do it this way other than to force those who don’t want changes to deal with the changes anyway.  

Having an instanced hami raid with difficulty modifiers allows those that want to change it up to do so without infringing on those that like it the way it is. 

*points at the suggestion of a Prae Hami raid as well, which is an idea kind of along those same lines.*

However, this somewhat indicates you're fine with the current raid as is. Which, as I've mentioned, is fine. What about it do you like strongly enough to not want any sort of change? I'd think *that* information would be valuable as well. Is it just familiarity, something in the mechanics? What, exactly? (Or approximately.)

Edit: Also, just to get a feel for it, how frequently do you raid? Nightly? Maybe once a month? (This does not make your answer any more or less valid. Asking this primarily because a thought popped into mind - and I think I'd like to have those that have ideas for change answer, too - to see if there's a degree of "hami fatigue" in people that do it frequently... or, conversely, familiarity with it driving a desire for the status quo. For me... *probably* 2-3 days a week at average, sometimes once, sometimes twice in those days... and I'm calling both runs on those "a raid," to be completely clear.)

Edited by Greycat
Fixed wording

I haven't been a part of a Hami raid on HC for a bunch of reasons.

The main one is that it doesn't seem like fun.  Back in the day, it was a real time commitment, and a social one as well.  Now, I don't tend to have large fixed blocks of time to commit to this game at this point, so blocking out 60 minutes for 55 minutes of organization and 5 minutes of action seems like a bad tradeoff for me.

I'm not a badger, so the only relevant rewards are HOs, and I can buy all I want on the AH.

It also sounds like (based purely on reading other people's posts) a trivial accomplishment.  I'd much rather do something slow and challenging than fast and (IMO) cheesy.  But I'm kind of post-reward at this point in HC.

I think it would be cool to solo Hami, and I do not doubt that it will happen at some point.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

6 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

II think it would be cool to solo Hami, and I do not doubt that it will happen at some point.

Well, someone did once, but that was a bug. 🙂  (Bug in slot placement for someone's Peacebringer back on live. If I remember right, they one-shot Hami. Sadly, this wasn't me.)

On 1/1/2021 at 11:27 PM, Greycat said:

So, in the Hami raid I was just in, someone brought up... "Is it time to buff Hami?"

No.

At least for the current Hami in the Hive and the Abyss.  I wouldn't mind seeing another zone created with a buffed Hami, but wouldn't want to see the current Hami impacted.

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I haven't been a part of a Hami raid on HC for a bunch of reasons.

The main one is that it doesn't seem like fun.  Back in the day, it was a real time commitment, and a social one as well.  Now, I don't tend to have large fixed blocks of time to commit to this game at this point, so blocking out 60 minutes for 55 minutes of organization and 5 minutes of action seems like a bad tradeoff for me.

I'm not a badger, so the only relevant rewards are HOs, and I can buy all I want on the AH.

It also sounds like (based purely on reading other people's posts) a trivial accomplishment.  I'd much rather do something slow and challenging than fast and (IMO) cheesy.  But I'm kind of post-reward at this point in HC.

I think it would be cool to solo Hami, and I do not doubt that it will happen at some point.

You can usually show up 5 to 10 minutes prior and get a slot and the first Hami defeat is usually done in 10 to 15 minutes.