Solo Competent Defender?

TheMoncrief

What are some recommended power set combinations for a solo-competent Defender? I'm not planning to make the character dedicated to solo play, I plan to team most of the time, but sometimes I think I won't be in a good situation to team up and will just want to knock out a few missions or something, and don't really want to have to shelf the character in that situation. I don't have a specific theme picked out other than a Defender that is useful in teams but not entirely dependent on them.

I'd recommend dark miasma or radiation if you want to be useful on teams and effective solo (though I'm a firm believer anything can solo if built for it!) Those two sets can use the same build for both team and solo play though (depending on power pics).

Dark Miasma offers: -regen, -dmg, -to hit, and -resistance, along with aoe heals for the team and a good amount of control powers (aoe fear, aoe stun, ST hold), and a pet that debuffs

Rad offers: -regen, -dmg, -to hit, -def, -resistance, +end recovery, +rech, +dmg, along with heals, and a holding toggle power.

I am probably missing quite a few things in both sets, additional options are Cold Domination, Time Manipulation, & Storm; though I personally found time boring on a defender and think it's more fun on trollers/mms and storm has a good amount of "non-team friendly" powers with the KB but is insanely fun to play. Cold Domination is incredibly powerful and gives lots of -def, -res, slow, and def buffs to teams, just be mindful that the shields layer ice on top of players, so it may be best to recolor them to make them look as invisible as possible to avoid any complaints.

As far as secondaries go, I like dark blast & rad blast since they have a good amount of opportunities to add procs for more dmg in your attacks.

I really don't think you can go wrong though as long as you have fun, hope this helped a bit!

@Dreamkeeper 

Former Triumph Veteran // Current Everlasting Player

Mains:

Silver Solder // Ceralt

Traps as the primary provides some mez protection (holds, stuns, immobilize) and makes it relatively easy to softcap defenses. Mez protection and meeting the defense softcap helps a *lot* when soloing and when on teams. Built for recharge it can have its best toys up and available quite often when teaming, as well. 

For soloing, if you have a debuff heavy primary with little or no buffs / healing, then water or dark blast can be quite helpful. So, for example, trick arrow (almost no buffs, no healing) can be paired with dark blast or water blast to make for a good team build and also for a sturdier soloing build. 

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

I'd echo what EnjoyTheJourney posted for the most part. Except to say that Trick Arrow is even better now. With it's recent buff, it can be paired with any secondary to produce a very good solo or team char.

And Time/ should also be on a list like this. By now, most players know of the Time/Dual Pistol combo and it's wonders. I'd also throw in Time/ice as a pair that can do wonderfully in solo or team situations.

• Like 1

Yep they all can solo but the ones noted in the thread tend to handle it better and or require less adjustment to the build between solo and teaming.  Traps is probably among the best solo but plays/runs quite different in teams whereas Empathy tends to flip that around with everything else falling somewhere in between.

Thank you all for the input. I'm currently thinking Dark/Dark, as I have played neither primary nor secondary before while most of the other recommended options I have played before on another AT. There's something to be said for trying something new.

I may try some of the others when I'm in the mood for another Defender or a Corrupter, though.

• Like 1

While the set has its issues, I found Trick Arrow to be probably the most 'soloable' set available to Defenders. From level 1, you've got Flash Arrow - and that solves 95% of the defensive problems you'll ever experience in game. Long-term, it provides a decent boost to personal damage and a second ultimate.

In contrast, another solo-friendly set would be Storm Summoning. But it's only solo friendly on the back end and generally requires IO sets to really work.

• Like 1

Time/Fire with Power Mastery as your APP is an incredible combo if built right. Softcapped defenses, capped resistance to S/L damage, respectable damage output, and lot's of utility for both solo and group play. It's really one of my favorite Defender combos.

• Like 1

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

9 minutes ago, Nic Mercy said:

Time/Fire with Power Mastery as your APP is an incredible combo if built right. Softcapped defenses, capped resistance to S/L damage, respectable damage output, and lot's of utility for both solo and group play. It's really one of my favorite Defender combos.

Any chance we can see your build?

I’ve been trying to work out a character that can do it all (DPS, Solo, Team, Buff, DeBuff). While keeping it at ranged, because I’m not a fan of melee in teams.

Leaning towards Time/Fire as being the answer (Maybe Time/Ice?). I was also leaning towards Corruptor because more damage is more fun (for me anyways 😛 ). But I haven’t tried a Defender since I had a Empathy/Energy in the days before we had capes... I hear they got a lot better.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:15 AM, Daemon Creed said:

I’ve been trying to work out a character that can do it all (DPS, Solo, Team, Buff, DeBuff). While keeping it at ranged, because I’m not a fan of melee in teams.

Leaning towards Time/Fire as being the answer (Maybe Time/Ice?). I was also leaning towards Corruptor because more damage is more fun (for me anyways 😛 ). But I haven’t tried a Defender since I had a Empathy/Energy in the days before we had capes... I hear they got a lot better.

Sure here's what I play with:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Kyriani: Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Secondary Power Set: Fire Blast
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Time Crawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Flares -- HO:Nucle(A), Dmg-I(48), GldJvl-Dam%(50)
Level 2: Fire Blast -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(9), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21)
Level 4: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(34), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 6: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(46)
Level 8: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal(37), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39)
Level 10: Rain of Fire -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(13), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(13)
Level 12: Time Stop -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(15), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(15), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(17), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(50), Lck-%Hold(50)
Level 14: Stealth -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 16: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(39), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(39), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(40)
Level 18: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(19), HO:Membr(19)
Level 20: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-ResDam(25)
Level 24: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/Rchg(34)
Level 26: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(27), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(27)
Level 28: Blaze -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(29), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 32: Chrono Shift -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(43)
Level 35: Power Build Up -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(48)
Level 38: Blazing Bolt -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg(42)
Level 41: Inferno -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(5), PrfShf-End%(5), PwrTrns-+Heal(7)
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Phantom Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
------------

Basically it has 41% defense to all positionals and psi without using the Power Buildup + Farsight combo. With the combo, you pick up another 12% defense putting you (and your group) well above the soft cap so you have some slack for defense debuffs. You also give everyone a hefty +to-hit buff too. It has perma-Hasten + perma-Chronoshift (which buffs your group too!), you can pbaoe heal yourself (and others) + self healing procs in health and stamina, Slowed Response debuffs foes and can be kept up permanently on hard targets which benefits you solo as well as your party when grouping, you have hard control with Time Stop and some soft control/debuffing with the way Rain of Fire and Inferno are slotted, and some more debuffing with Time's Juncture lowering enemy to-hit and damage by about 25% each.

Edited by Nic Mercy
  • Thanks 1

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

• 2 weeks later
On 3/2/2021 at 10:15 AM, Daemon Creed said:

I played a Kin/Rad defender to 50, and it seems to fit the bill.  A little slow to kill solo, but gets the job done, and shines in teams.

Another nice primary for soloing, that still leaves you great in groups, is Pain. Unlike Empathy, Pain has a number of high impact powers that benefit the user as well as their companions. I have a Pain/Sonic Defender build that's built to solo and quite sturdy. Soft capped to S/L/E, perma-World of Pain for a heftyto-hit buff, damage buff, and a decent amount of resistance to all damage types (some better than others), lots of -res from attacks, procs, and dedicated debuff powers, self healing from Nullify Pain, Soothing Aura and healing procs in Health & Stamina, soft CC via Siren's Song (great for soloing) and still provides buffs and ally healing for a group!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Pain Domination
Secondary Power Set: Sonic Attack
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Nullify Pain -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(3), Prv-Heal(3), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Shriek -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Scream -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(13), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15)
Level 4: Howl -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(23), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(25), Ann-ResDeb%(42)
Level 6: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 8: Soothe -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(25), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(29)
Level 10: Shockwave -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(29), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(31), OvrFrc-End/Rech(31), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(31), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 12: Stealth -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Shout -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(33), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 18: World of Pain -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(34), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-ToHit(36), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(39)
Level 22: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Rct-Def/Rchg(42)
Level 24: Soothing Aura -- HO:Golgi(A)
Level 26: Anguishing Cry -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(42), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(43)
Level 28: Siren's Song -- FrtHyp-Plct%(A), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(43), FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(43), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(45), FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(45)
Level 30: Amplify -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(45)
Level 32: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 38: Dreadful Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Rchg(48), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 41: Painbringer -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(19), PrfShf-EndMod(19), PwrTrns-+Heal(21)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

Edited by Nic Mercy
  • Like 1

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

I’d go with Time and dark mastery. It molds to every Attack you want to go with. It has everything you’ll ever need. Time is such an OP set. It’s perfect if you want to solo. Just run Farsight with the right side of Clarion. Get that Power boost.

ff you’re  worried about -def Debuffs just run hover. You’ll get hit a lot less. And the -tohit toggle will be nice to have when you go in for soul drains. With that set up you’ll be able to handle 54x8 with No problem.  Oh yeah soul drain last 30 seconds and you can make it just about perma. 

Edited by Dahkness

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

Lots of great ideas for Time in here but if you want to enjoy the ride up to fiddy, try Time/Ice. Aoe's and slows and holds all over the place in your blast set to go along with the goodness of Time. Pairs really well and leaves you being able to do everything from tank to defender to semi scrapblaster and even a bit of controller while leveling up.

On 3/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, Nic Mercy said:

Another nice primary for soloing, that still leaves you great in groups, is Pain. Unlike Empathy, Pain has a number of high impact powers that benefit the user as well as their companions

Just to throw another into the mix, Nature can make you into a bit of a powerhouse. Its *big 3* buffs all affect you. So that's 23% resists to everything, a whopping Absorb shield, 82% damage to everything, some regen, a nice End discount and some extra ToHit from those 3 alone. Sprinkle in whichever of the 3 toggles you like from Entangling, Spore Cloud and Lifegiving Spores and you should be pretty well sorted.

You'll still need to build for Def but IOing for defense is standard enough, and then one you do that being able to layer those Resists and Absorb on top makes you very tough. 

• Like 1

Fire/time with

dark mastery.

mellee core

clarion radial

and rune of protection is unkillable.

big dmg from soul drain + aim

200 recharge bonus

its my new main. Solo any mobs at +4x8 so far. 

BP PPD kheldians arachnos clockwork Malta Devouring earth all np

• Like 1

• 4 months later
On 3/18/2021 at 12:48 PM, Nic Mercy said:

Another nice primary for soloing, that still leaves you great in groups, is Pain. Unlike Empathy, Pain has a number of high impact powers that benefit the user as well as their companions. I have a Pain/Sonic Defender build that's built to solo and quite sturdy. Soft capped to S/L/E, perma-World of Pain for a heftyto-hit buff, damage buff, and a decent amount of resistance to all damage types (some better than others), lots of -res from attacks, procs, and dedicated debuff powers, self healing from Nullify Pain, Soothing Aura and healing procs in Health & Stamina, soft CC via Siren's Song (great for soloing) and still provides buffs and ally healing for a group!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Pain Domination
Secondary Power Set: Sonic Attack
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Nullify Pain -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(3), Prv-Heal(3), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Shriek -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Scream -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(13), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15)
Level 4: Howl -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(23), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(25), Ann-ResDeb%(42)
Level 6: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 8: Soothe -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(25), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(29)
Level 10: Shockwave -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(29), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(31), OvrFrc-End/Rech(31), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(31), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 12: Stealth -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Shout -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(33), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 18: World of Pain -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(34), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-ToHit(36), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(39)
Level 22: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Rct-Def(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Rct-Def/Rchg(42)
Level 24: Soothing Aura -- HO:Golgi(A)
Level 26: Anguishing Cry -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(42), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(43)
Level 28: Siren's Song -- FrtHyp-Plct%(A), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(43), FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(43), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(45), FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(45)
Level 30: Amplify -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(45)
Level 32: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 38: Dreadful Wail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Rchg(48), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50)
Level 41: Painbringer -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(17), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(19), PrfShf-EndMod(19), PwrTrns-+Heal(21)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

@Nic Mercy Do you have the data block for this it wont load with the newest mids. So far im using this for my first ever Defender (i mostly solo) and its been pretty amazing at lvl 30.

Thank you for the build.

Edited by txdragoon912

On 3/23/2021 at 1:53 PM, ThrillMill said:

All the replies in here are leaving me with buyers remorse on my Poison/Rad/Dark. 

Nah, that's just the power of IO's + the sheer variety of Defenders available in the game.  There are a LOT of very solo capable Defender sets out there any more.

On 3/22/2021 at 11:56 AM, Carnifax said:

Just to throw another into the mix, Nature can make you into a bit of a powerhouse. Its *big 3* buffs all affect you. So that's 23% resists to everything, a whopping Absorb shield, 82% damage to everything, some regen, a nice End discount and some extra ToHit from those 3 alone. Sprinkle in whichever of the 3 toggles you like from Entangling, Spore Cloud and Lifegiving Spores and you should be pretty well sorted.

You'll still need to build for Def but IOing for defense is standard enough, and then one you do that being able to layer those Resists and Absorb on top makes you very tough. 

You made me think about it Carni and I think you can do pretty well without building for defense with Naff. You will be eating mezprotTM Vitamins till you get to Destiny, but I think a Naff/Rad would be pretty self sufficient.

Here's my stab at a build for it without spending much on Defense. Note that air superiority is a hold for air maneuver and tp is the close range tp that were placed recently in game.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Nature Affinity
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Psychic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- Dvs-Hold%(A)
Level 2: Wild Growth -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), NmnCnv-Heal(46), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(50)
Level 4: Irradiate -- TchofLadG-%Dam(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(9), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 6: Spore Cloud -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(13), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(15), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(15)
Level 8: X-Ray Beam -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Dvs-Hold%(13)
Level 10: Lifegiving Spores -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(11)
Level 12: Wild Bastion -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 14: Regrowth -- NmnCnv-Heal(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(40)
Level 16: Proton Volley -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), WntBit-Acc/Dmg(19), WntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 20: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(21)
Level 22: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 24: Fly -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 26: Entangling Aura -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), Lck-%Hold(27), NrnSht-Dam%(27), GldNet-Dam%(29), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(29), UnbCns-Hold(31)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(34), Dvs-Acc/Dmg(34), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Dvs-Hold%(36), Apc-Dam%(36)
Level 30: Air Superiority -- Empty(A), Empty(31), Empty(31)
Level 32: Overgrowth -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-Rchg(33), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(33), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(33), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Neutron Bomb -- TchofLadG-%Dam(A), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(42), ShlBrk-%Dam(43)
Level 38: Atomic Blast -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Dominate -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Dvs-Acc/Dmg(43), Dvs-Hold%(43)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 47: World of Confusion -- Arm-Dam%(A), Erd-%Dam(48), ScrDrv-Dam%(48), Obl-%Dam(48), MlsIll-Dam%(50), Ccp-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Teleport -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon
------------

Nature is really strong.   I have a nat/ice build that I like a lot.   I'm not at my pc atm, or I'd post it.  I'll post it later.  It has proc's and pretty good recharge for the big 3 buffs.   Getting stunned and cc'd is it's weakness.  but that can be remedies with p2w power or clarion.    What's nice about ice is the stacking 2 holds to add onto Nature's entangling aura.  

I'm at the PC now.   Here is the build i have.  I'm sure it can be tweaked a bit.  I don't know mathematically for damage and accuracy if i should put another proc into the two ice holds or not.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.9
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Blizzard Reign: Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Nature Affinity
Secondary Power Set: Ice Blast
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Regrowth

• (A) Panacea - Heal/Endurance
  • (3) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (3) Panacea - Heal
  • (5) Panacea - Endurance/Recharge
  • (5) Panacea - Heal/Recharge

Level 1: Ice Bolt

• (A) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage
  • (7) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (7) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (9) Superior Defender's Bastion - Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal
  • (9) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Recharge
  • (11) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 2: Wild Growth

• (A) Aegis - Resistance
  • (15) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (15) Aegis - Resistance/Recharge
  • (17) Aegis - Endurance/Recharge

Level 4: Corrosive Enzymes

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 6: Spore Cloud

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff
  • (17) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance

Level 8: Boxing

• (A) Empty

Level 10: Hover

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (19) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 12: Wild Bastion

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (19) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (21) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (21) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (23) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (23) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 14: Tough

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (25) Gladiator's Armor - End/Resist
  • (25) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance
  • (27) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 16: Freeze Ray

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (27) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (29) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (31) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (31) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)

Level 18: Weave

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 20: Ice Storm

• (A) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (33) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Vigilant Assault - RechargeTime/PBAoE +Absorb

Level 22: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 24: Maneuvers

• (34) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (34) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (36) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 26: Entangling Aura

• (A) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold
  • (36) Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb
  • (36) Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
  • (37) Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
  • (37) Entomb - Hold/Recharge

Level 28: Bitter Ice Blast

• (A) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage
  • (39) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (39) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (40) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • (40) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 30: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (40) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 32: Overgrowth

• (A) Adjusted Targeting - Recharge
  • (42) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (42) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff
  • (42) Adjusted Targeting - Endurance/Recharge

Level 35: Bitter Freeze Ray

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (43) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (43) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (45) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (45) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)

Level 38: Blizzard

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (45) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (48) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize

Level 41: Scorpion Shield

• (48) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (48) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (50) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (50) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 44: Tactics

• (A) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 47: Lifegiving Spores

• (A) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod

Level 49: Fly

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1370;679;1358;HEX;|
|78DA6593CB6F125114C6EFC020F26EA12F9E8562055BA440EBDAD897414BD3D4C42|
|D9994814E8240A634B1DDB977E5C6959AEAC6B870A12DD51AEDC2D7DA67D4F807D4|
|47D5B51B3CF01DA98913C86FEE77CFE3BBF7CECD5D9CB6DF3D7DE9A4909C5365656|