Singularity!!!

golstat2003

I never had one Live and have had two on HC; the first was a troller that somehow I never super connected with and never reached past 40, now I have one on a Dom who's hit 50 (and whom I really should get around to adding to my sig).  It really says something about how useful Singularity is that it outshines the fun of a power that allows you to throw forklifts at people's heads (bonus points for throwing them at people's heads after your Singularity has thrown them high into the sky).

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Funny thing is, you really don't realize how wonderful Singularity is until you find it fighting an Elite Boss, alone, and winning.  

Plus, being able to charge forward and know that you will not have to deal with ambushes from behind is wonderful.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, laudwic said:

Funny thing is, you really don't realize how wonderful Singularity is until you find it fighting an Elite Boss, alone, and winning.  

Plus, being able to charge forward and know that you will not have to deal with ambushes from behind is wonderful.

This, so very much this!!!!

Did you know you can stand inside it?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

12 hours ago, Uun said:

Did you know you can stand inside it?

Yes, because I keep finding myself doing that and noticing out of the corner of my eye how mobs run up to wail on me and just go flying without me having to lift a finger, it's wonderful.

• Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Apparently it has a special "repel" mechanical which can't be converted to knockdown, unlike the "Repel" power itself, which looks like a singularity vfx.

Singularity is one of the best pets. One downside is that repel can be annoying to your teammates or leaguemates in certain situations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andreah said:

Apparently it has a special "repel" mechanical which can't be converted to knockdown, unlike the "Repel" power itself, which looks like a singularity vfx.

Singularity is one of the best pets. One downside is that repel can be annoying to your teammates or leaguemates in certain situations.

The power Singy has is Repel. Do KB>KD IOs not work? The pet may not inherit certain enhancements (like recharge).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

36 minutes ago, Uun said:

The power Singy has is Repel. Do KB>KD IOs not work? The pet may not inherit certain enhancements (like recharge).

The KB->KD IO's don't work in it. I've had it explained to me by others that it was because the power looks like Repel, but isn't, or is a special pet-only version of it.

8 hours ago, Uun said:

7 hours ago, Andreah said:

The KB->KD IO's don't work in it. I've had it explained to me by others that it was because the power looks like Repel, but isn't, or is a special pet-only version of it.

KB to KD enhancers do work in Singularity's Repel. You want to make sure you slot Sudden Acceleration and not the Universal Damage set KB to KD. Repel doesn't cause damage so won't inherit from Universal Damage.

An effective trick is to slot KB to KD in Wormhole and Singularity and WH the enemies directly on top of Singularity so they bounce in place. The sound effect might melt your sound card though.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

KB to KD enhancers do work in Singularity's Repel. You want to make sure you slot Sudden Acceleration and not the Universal Damage set KB to KD. Repel doesn't cause damage so won't inherit from Universal Damage.

An effective trick is to slot KB to KD in Wormhole and Singularity and WH the enemies directly on top of Singularity so they bounce in place. The sound effect might melt your sound card though.

I will check this out as soon as I can! 🙂

Confirmed; putting in the Sudden Acceleration KB to KD enhancement makes Singularity's Repel not knock-back, but knock-down instead. #Bestpetevah

Edited by Andreah

9 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

Yup this. It's the same reason you use Sudden Impact in the Kinetics Repel power. Mostly because that's what Singy is running. Soundmelting FX and everything (I dumped Repel on my Kinetics corruptor because the noise was so bad). 

I'd forgotten til yesterday what a stroppy bugger Singy can be. They really like protecting you. Mine was starting all sorts of fights last night. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Soundmelting FX and everything (I dumped Repel on my Kinetics corruptor because the noise was so bad). 

I agree, but I managed to get used to it on my Kin/ defender. I like repel in knockdown mode that much.

That's funny because my cat-themed Dom named hers Cat Toy!

• 2 years later
On 3/9/2021 at 1:43 PM, Andreah said:

does this mean kb-kd proc is useless in singy?

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen
yup singy still needs it lol

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

On 3/7/2021 at 10:53 PM, golstat2003 said:

Good lord this pet is incredible! never knew it was that good. The puffy glow ball has now replaced imps as my favorite pet. LOL

If only they added -KB to Gravity's Crushing Field, that set makes no sense to me without it and because of it, I just can't get in to it no matter how awesome Singularity is.  😞

Edited by Solarverse

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

does this mean kb-kd proc is useless in singy?

KB>KD works fine with Singularity's Repel power, which knocks back anything within a 9 foot radius. It doesn't do anything to its Gravitational Pull (which uses the repel status effect), which sucks any foes between 45 feet and 7 feet towards it.

• Thanks 2

If you have Teleport Target, you can port your Singularity pet into the middle of a pile of foes for extra bonus hilarity. 

Also, if you're /kin and use Repel, there is a sound mod by Solarverse which makes Repel's sound less annoying. It's listed as "Repel Less Annoying SFX Mod" in City Mod Installer.

Edit: Also good if you just team with kins who use Repel often.

Edited by Andreah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1