This is why we can't have nice things!

Vinxnotha

Look around. See that game you are playing? You know the one that was gone for years. Ya, it came back.

And now that it is back, in come the people who are not happy. Never happy, with how things are. Have to look a git horse in the mouth, and spit on it. This game was gone..... forever, as most of us thought. It comes back, and people have to cry about experience gain. DFB. MSR. Incarnate. Leveling too fast. Too slow. Not enough people to group with because they are all doing MSR. ( insert bad word here that comes from a bull). All costumes are not unlocked. Jonny is playing a way that I don't like. Mary wont team with me.

Holy (insert bad word here). You self centered, ungrateful, entitled, little ( insert bad word here ).

Get off your high horse. Stop dictating how people should play. Stop trying to change this. We are lucky to have it. And now all you are going to do, is turn this into another lame mmo. That is going to cater to the crying masses. What the hell is wrong with you. This was lost to us forever, and now you can't be bothered to just enjoy that it is back.

Seriously. My old age, ( get off my lawn) must have made me appreciate what is given to me, more then others. Because the crying I have seen both in game and on this forum is pathetic. This is not the live version of the game. Things don't need to be like the live version. Just be (insert bad word here) happy you have this game, and play it as is. STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE GIFT THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU. Ya I know... caps.

TLDR: Grow up. Be happy you get to play this at all. Stop trying to change it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

this what happened in the last game i played gripers ruined it for everyone plainin bout fast lvling and P2W and just anything to troll there no extened maintenance there trying to hug de server and we don't pay for it so unless people don't let mods know of mean spirit'z on the forumz it we ruin it and there we not be a COH IT WELL BE GONE TO THE REDDITERZ!!!!!!!

I'm out.

this what happened in the last game i played gripers ruined it for everyone plainin bout fast lvling and P2W and just anything to troll there no extened maintenance there trying to hug de server and we don't pay for it so unless people don't let mods know of mean spirit'z on the forumz it we ruin it and there we not be a COH IT WELL BE GONE TO THE REDDITERZ!!!!!!!

Classic.  I love a good satire.  This made laugh for quite a while.

Mary won't team with me either  :-[

+1 Inf for making me spit out my tea on the keyboard.

+1 Inf to OP for speaking truth

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I'll second that :)

And I'll third it. Motion carried, grow up people!

Hey I got thirds!

But in the spirit of the thread, I'll share. :)

Only I should be able to be third. Devs please nerf other people who claimed third before I did. It’s not fair that they get to it so fast. They should take it slower and really enjoy reading past first and second before rushing to claiming third.

In all honesty though, I fully agree with OP.

Only I should be able to be third. Devs please nerf other people who claimed third before I did. It’s not fair that they get to it so fast. They should take it slower and really enjoy reading past first and second before rushing to claiming third.

Dammit!  Have to mop more tea off my keyboard. 

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Hey I got thirds!

Oh No. We are thirds already! Firsts and seconds need to be nerfed, thirds need to be buffed!

IMO, this community is simply now going through what many have before, just with a really long lag and an odd path.

Not the first game to land in this area and now this community has to deal with it ... some deal well and others not so much.

The next year will be a roller-coaster!

Hey I got thirds!

Oh No. We are thirds already! Firsts and seconds need to be nerfed, thirds need to be buffed!

IMO, this community is simply now going through what many have before, just with a really long lag and an odd path.

Not the first game to land in this area and now this community has to deal with it ... some deal well and others not so much.

The next year will be a roller-coaster!

But we'd already dealt it when CoH originally went F2P. And when the various expansions hit as well, now that I think of it. Thus why we're joking about stuff right now.

The irony is you're complaining about someone else complaining about the game so technically you're complaining about the game too (its community).

I will say it put a smile on my face because i know where you're coming from and I am not guiltily of any of the offenses you described. I haven't even done DFB yet on any of my characters. Most of my early levels is just solo until about 12.

Of course people are going to point out flaws or defend strengths in a game they like very much. People have different opinions and interests, which will inevitably mean that there are people who have opposing interests. There's no need to panic over it. Just meet people's arguments for whatever it is they're arguing for or about. If it's a dull and boring thing, don't bother replying. If it's a decent point but you can think of multiple things that weigh equally in the other direction or that otherwise need consideration, just say so.

• Like 1

Thus why we're joking about stuff right now.

I am all about the joking.

I think it is _hilarious_, the level of indignation and moral high roads some of the 'community' are saying they are taking ... while running 'non-commercial' servers.

Watching the reactions to the inevitable changes that will occur with rogue servers in proliferation, I think I will have plenty to joke about for a while.

I am grateful to have it back, and free at that, and things that are the way they used to be should remain that way.

Where I start getting annoyed is at all the things that have been tweaked in the here-and-now.  I don't want the game to get easier than it used to be, and it kinda feels like we're edging in that direction.  Some things were unfinished or unreleased and should have probably stayed that way.  And now I'm hearing that T9's like Thunderous Blast have no crash anymore, and...Yeah, that just feels a bit wrong.

I dunno.  This isn't the first time I've played an MMO on a private server, I've been on countless Ragnarok servers with varying levels of broken tweaks, I just don't really want CoX to change too much because it was damned near perfect as-is.

My point is that I don't want buffs or nerfs.  I don't want anything but the game preserved as-is.  Maybe some things can be completed later on, if the team is up to it and if it can be balanced (God knows I want Wind Control), but if push comes to shove I would prefer to just have CoH frozen in time, the way I remember it.  Nothing more or less.

And now I'm hearing that T9's like Thunderous Blast have no crash anymore, and...Yeah, that just feels a bit wrong.

That change was coming out on live before the game was shutdown. It was a part of the I24 Blaster changes along with fast-snipe and sustain.

Defender Smash!