Patch Notes for May 30th, 2019

Haven't read all 15 pages yet, so apologies if this is covered in the thread already, but has anyone else had a huge degradation in game stability since the patch was released? I used to crash 0 or 1 time in a 3-5 hour night of CoH gaming. Now I crash every 2nd or 3rd zoning attempt. Ran a Synapse TF tonight. Crashed 9 times or 10 times. Or sometimes I won't crash, but about 30 seconds after I try to zone, the game returns the camera to where I was when I clicked on the mission door or tram to zone, only my character is not there and no GUI is available. The game only crashes on zoning or after logging out and attempting to select and start playing a new character. The only solution I have found is Alt-F4 or right-click the game on the taskbar (so yes, Windows 10, patched to the latest offered by Microsoft) and choose Close Window then relaunch. I've rebooted. I've re-validated the game files multiple time.

I'll look at the rest of the forum and find the right place to get help on this, but I just wondered if anyone else was having big problems since updating.

You don't know me at all LOL. I have 9 level 50's already and roughly 1 billion liquid inf after completely IOing them. Never use AE. I don't have a brute farmer or a fire/kin. I do PL myself (and a few friends). Takes me a day (8 hours) to get to 50 with xp boosts. I am not new to CoX - played from launch until the last second it was Live without any break in between on my 2 paid accounts.

I just think the arguments FOR maintaining the DFB are completely hyperbolic. DFB does not teach you anything after the first few runs. People who run it to 32-50 do not know how to team or play any better than had they stopped at 10. They don't know anything about their powers better. They don't have a FEEL for the character since they are limited to powers up until level 10. What they have discovered is farming...and playing against enemies which frankly have very little chance of doing much damage - which is in no way indicative of the actual game I actually don't care about the DFB changes... I just think if you are going to make an argument against them changing it... they should be actual arguments and not hyperbolic, childish threats, or flat out untruths. I do think people are blowing this WAY out of proportion. I do think people are acting like petulant brats over something so minor. The purpose of DFB was never to get to 32 - it was to get you to DiB level which no one runs because it takes a modicum of actually knowing your character to do.

The "nerfs" in this last patch still have the rewards of both DFB and MSR being WAY above anything that was on live...but people will find anything to complain about and act like ungrateful 6 year olds. 

So you're mad they took the "I win" aspect out of the game. You're upset because they made it still WAY more rewarding than Live ever was. You don't like playing with people who have strategies for playing together and want to do what you want to do when you want to do it regardless of how it affects others... got it. Well have fun on your private server. I have no desire to play in your sandbox seems like it's just an "I win" server which would get old real fast.

Actually, I said exactly what I meant.  I’m highly disappointed.  Mad would mean I’m a bit emotional over a game mechanic.  Which I’m not.

I don’t like playing with anyone who attempts to force me to play “their way or the highway.”  Which is basically what you just outlined here and in a few other posts in this thread.  I have the highway model well within my grasp (as does everyone).  And I get you don’t want an “I win” button, nor do you prefer to level quickly.  That’s fine, I’ve no intention nor desire to prevent you from playing however you wish.  I once leveled a blaster wayyyyyy back in like issue 5 days from 1-50 totally solo and via missions (not street sweeping) just to prove to myself I could when everyone was complaining that blasters were far too squishy to survive.  It was darn annoying at times, and almost all of this was pre-IO, but I did it.  Because I wanted to play my way....not teamed with controllers and defenders as most blasters were told to do.  Your tone indicates a level of superior condemnation that I want to play that way, but its interesting to me how little I care how YOU prefer to play.  In fact, I hope that your preferred play style remains fully available to you.

But regardless of your beliefs, I remain very disappointed in this change.  Not the change itself, but in the precedent that it represents.  Once again, years after being mothballed, the game is available to play.  And once again, there’s a chorus of players who really insist that the game only be played however they believe it must be played.  Forced teaming, forced soloing, I shouldn’t have to go into a PVP zone to earn a PVP badge/drops/whatever, Regen is too strong nerf them, Burn needs to be changed, put a timer on the wolf mission, etc etc etc.  I’d really hoped this mentality was left in mothballs.

Judging by your post....it appears its alive and well.  For what reasons I can’t fathom.  Other than a deep seated need to impose one players’ will on that of the entire population in the name of balance of powers, time, effort or just egos. 

Interesting lesson in psychology.

Yep those nerfs weren't needed or wanted.

'Play other stuff or else.'

Terrible logic.

Or else what? I dont get what your saying? You imply a threat I dont see.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I love most of the patch that just came out, and I appreciate your continued commitment to allowing us to enjoy CoX again. However, I'd like to voice my disappointment with the DFB changes. A few days ago when the team said they were looking into DFB spam I wrote that I had confidence in them making the right decision for everyone. Sadly this didn't happen. It seems like they leaned heavily towards the voices of "Everyone should play this way" crowd. I don't feel they really considered how this would affect everyone that plays these servers. And I understand, it's impossible to consider everyone's individual taste. And I understand it's their servers - so their rules.

However, if my voice means anything at all I'd like to express that I don't think this was the best way to handle things. Here are my reasons.

- We are much older now then we were at live, with much more responsibilities. Finding a quick group where you can hop in for a short, rewarding romp gave me a sense of progression. I did run DFB until my mid-30s, and I do understand it wasn't the best way to play the game, but it was the best for me. I work 60 hours a week, with many more hours reserved for family. I also have very odd playing hours btw. I do not have an hour and a half to commit to a task force, so as boring as those sewers were I didn't mind at all. I didn't think I was hurting the game.

- A lot of us have already done the content many times over. I'm sorry to all the groups I didn't join. It's not personal but I just didn't want to. I've done hundreds of radio missions, most of them in the blue caves. I've done the TFs already, there's nothing new there. Nerfing DFB isn't going to make me do those other things I didnt want to do in the first place. I'll just move on to the next activity that i find rewarding for my time. Which brings me to my next point.

- It has started the snowball effect. First it was AE. And sure, that was initially a hardware conflict, but later it was admitted that the team was happy with the results of players doing other things. Today it's DFB. Tomorrow it could be PI Portal farms. Or something else. And then it will circle back for a second round. I just think it should have been left to the players to enjoy their time as they want to. If someone wants to grind away in the sewers all the way to 50 I just think that person should go ahead and be allowed to do it. Playing whack a mole with the player's personal play style is going to affect everyone at some point. All the people who are happy for these changes may find themselves on the wrong side of the next adjustment. 

- This isn't a subscription based game. There isn't a corporation brainstorming ways to keep us engaged enough to continue to shell out 15 bucks a month. What's wrong with a little more Ommph when we're all just having fun pretending to be heroes (or villains).

In conclusion, I want to thank you guys again, and again for everything you've done. Check my post history, I'm a huge supporter, though I don't post a lot. I'm also looking forward to continue to play here in Homecoming, if you'll have me. I'm waiting anxiously for a chance to contribute monetarily in order to keep these servers on. I also think that this is an exceptional community and I'm really impressed at how we have been able to express our individual opinions and pushing forward "our side" while remaining civil with the opposing views. Cheers!

I work more than I did when CoH was LIVE...but don't have an issue with this. I have more responsibilities and less time to play the game.

You have done the content "many times over" and yet you still want to do the DFB many times over.....

There is absolutely no indication that any missions will be nerfed. Suggesting such a thing is nothing but a slippery slope argument made off of a couple changes to bring rewards in line with other content.

There is already WAY more Oomf than LIVE - which was also free at the end of it's time. You can always have double xp... you have every costume piece available..new power sets.. etc etc. There is only so much that can be done to "incentivize" people to play and stay. This "nerf" does not affect your ability to play the way you were...it simply means it may take you 1 or 2 more runs of DFB to get to where you want to get.

I love most of the patch that just came out, and I appreciate your continued commitment to allowing us to enjoy CoX again. However, I'd like to voice my disappointment with the DFB changes. A few days ago when the team said they were looking into DFB spam I wrote that I had confidence in them making the right decision for everyone. Sadly this didn't happen. It seems like they leaned heavily towards the voices of "Everyone should play this way" crowd. I don't feel they really considered how this would affect everyone that plays these servers. And I understand, it's impossible to consider everyone's individual taste. And I understand it's their servers - so their rules.

However, if my voice means anything at all I'd like to express that I don't think this was the best way to handle things. Here are my reasons.

- We are much older now then we were at live, with much more responsibilities. Finding a quick group where you can hop in for a short, rewarding romp gave me a sense of progression. I did run DFB until my mid-30s, and I do understand it wasn't the best way to play the game, but it was the best for me. I work 60 hours a week, with many more hours reserved for family. I also have very odd playing hours btw. I do not have an hour and a half to commit to a task force, so as boring as those sewers were I didn't mind at all. I didn't think I was hurting the game.

- A lot of us have already done the content many times over. I'm sorry to all the groups I didn't join. It's not personal but I just didn't want to. I've done hundreds of radio missions, most of them in the blue caves. I've done the TFs already, there's nothing new there. Nerfing DFB isn't going to make me do those other things I didnt want to do in the first place. I'll just move on to the next activity that i find rewarding for my time. Which brings me to my next point.

- It has started the snowball effect. First it was AE. And sure, that was initially a hardware conflict, but later it was admitted that the team was happy with the results of players doing other things. Today it's DFB. Tomorrow it could be PI Portal farms. Or something else. And then it will circle back for a second round. I just think it should have been left to the players to enjoy their time as they want to. If someone wants to grind away in the sewers all the way to 50 I just think that person should go ahead and be allowed to do it. Playing whack a mole with the player's personal play style is going to affect everyone at some point. All the people who are happy for these changes may find themselves on the wrong side of the next adjustment. 

- This isn't a subscription based game. There isn't a corporation brainstorming ways to keep us engaged enough to continue to shell out 15 bucks a month. What's wrong with a little more Ommph when we're all just having fun pretending to be heroes (or villains).

In conclusion, I want to thank you guys again, and again for everything you've done. Check my post history, I'm a huge supporter, though I don't post a lot. I'm also looking forward to continue to play here in Homecoming, if you'll have me. I'm waiting anxiously for a chance to contribute monetarily in order to keep these servers on. I also think that this is an exceptional community and I'm really impressed at how we have been able to express our individual opinions and pushing forward "our side" while remaining civil with the opposing views. Cheers!

I can confirm, double XP is not working on DFB at below level 10. The existence of an XP booster has no meaningful effect one way or the other in a >10 DFB run.

2 characters. Both less than 1 full bar above level 4 going in, both ended just short of level 8. One had DXP on, one did not. The one with did a second run and barely made level 10 (the one without did not do a second because I didn't need to verify further).

By comparison, 2 days ago, I did a DFB starting level 3-5 (I forget exactly), 2 runs later with double XP I was level 15.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

I’m happy about DFB. God I hate running as a level 5 for 5-6 runs to get to 22 with every character with every other option just being inefficient in comparison...

you realize nothing else was changed right? so those other options are still just as inefficient, just now DfB is inefficient as well. It's a common tactic, nerf things down to be as bad as everything else instead of buffing things to be as good as other options.

I had a couple of friends that I played with, who have actually quit the game because of this (not this change to dfb, the fact that nothing else really gives any kind of reward equal to the time being put in). To quote one of them

"Idk, while DFB was the reason for me quitting it should also be said that while it was nerfed if nothing else was buffed to fill the void of leveling properly then that will be a very annoying thing for me. If DFB can barely move you past 15, and DIB stops being effective at 30, something needs to pick the pace up. And if all there is left is questing for hours per level I won’t feel the wish to play."

I had friends who were thinking of quitting because they hated doing DFB over and over and instead wanted to do things like Hollows, but finding people to do those things was rough because "lolz I can get to 22 in an hour from DFB." They have decided to stay and said that finding teams for 10-17 is already way easier.

Your friends sound silly - especially with the xp boosters being free. They would have never survived on LIVE where double xp was a rarity limited to a few weekends a year. Maybe as a friend you should have explained to them the various ways to get to 50. As for "leveling properly" uhhh if perma double xp wasn't enough to get them to stay - I doubt they would have stayed no matter what was done.

I’m happy about DFB. God I hate running as a level 5 for 5-6 runs to get to 22 with every character with every other option just being inefficient in comparison...

you realize nothing else was changed right? so those other options are still just as inefficient, just now DfB is inefficient as well. It's a common tactic, nerf things down to be as bad as everything else instead of buffing things to be as good as other options.

I had a couple of friends that I played with, who have actually quit the game because of this (not this change to dfb, the fact that nothing else really gives any kind of reward equal to the time being put in). To quote one of them

"Idk, while DFB was the reason for me quitting it should also be said that while it was nerfed if nothing else was buffed to fill the void of leveling properly then that will be a very annoying thing for me. If DFB can barely move you past 15, and DIB stops being effective at 30, something needs to pick the pace up. And if all there is left is questing for hours per level I won’t feel the wish to play."

I can confirm, double XP is not working on DFB at below level 10. The existence of an XP booster has no meaningful effect one way or the other in a >10 DFB run.

Not WAI. Looks like I need to modify the class definition tables to allow the kExperienceGain attribute to go over +100%, that was the default cap. I missed this because I only tested above level 10, since it was supposed to be unchanged until then. Assuming that's the problem, fix will be on the next patch.

I had friends who were thinking of quitting because they hated doing DFB over and over and instead wanted to do things like Hollows, but finding people to do those things was rough because "lolz I can get to 22 in an hour from DFB." They have decided to stay and said that finding teams for 10-17 is already way easier.

Your friends sound silly - especially with the xp boosters being free. They would have never survived on LIVE where double xp was a rarity limited to a few weekends a year. Maybe as a friend you should have explained to them the various ways to get to 50. As for "leveling properly" uhhh if perma double xp wasn't enough to get them to stay - I doubt they would have stayed no matter what was done.

Let me get this straight. His friends were silly for quitting  due to their play style being restricted, but your friends wanting to quit because they chose to do DFB even though they didn’t have to aren’t? Hypocritical much?

Not WAI. Looks like I need to modify the class definition tables to allow the kExperienceGain attribute to go over +100%, that was the default cap. I missed this because I only tested above level 10, since it was supposed to be unchanged until then. Assuming that's the problem, fix will be on the next patch.

Thanks.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Yep those nerfs weren't needed or wanted.

'Play other stuff or else.'

Terrible logic.

Or else what? I dont get what your saying? You imply a threat I dont see.

...or else the game will be changed to reward you less for the content you enjoy

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Echo this. Jimmy was asking EU players to switch over to Reunion when it launched as Halcyon, but the biggest deterrence for the Defiant group was how lousing it was with DfB groups and no other content being played.

These changes are very, very welcome. Already seeing more variety in higher level stuff being played.

A few of my friends were going to quit because they couldn't find teams to do anything BUT DFB. They wanted to actually play the game and not farm DFB.

I never said these friends weren't silly in their logic. I do think his friends are silly because DFB is still there and apparently they love to farm it ...which they still can. My friends could have gotten xp as well...albeit at a much reduced rate because it would have only been teams of 3-4 fighting actual enemies that required you to use some strategy to gain xp.

Like I ALSO said... I personally don't care. But I mean if he is going to throw out anecdotal "evidence" then some am I. There are two sides to this issue. One side was hurt because a lot of people avoided actual content until their 20's-30s because "lolz DFB." Those people can still mindlessly spam a few powers to their heart's content, but it may take a few more runs of it to achieve the same results. And now my friends who actually enjoyed doing missions, using their powers as they leveled up, etc... have said they have less issues finding teams... everyone wins.

Me... couldn't care less. I just get annoyed with the hyperbole and tantrums over something so trivial in a video game. I will continue to avoid DFB and continue PLing my (and my friends) alts to 50 so we can do incarnate stuff, IO our toons, get accolades, and challenge ourselves with duo/trio runs of TFs etc.

So no... nothing hypocritical at all in my statement. I think most people arguing on the internet over a hero video game are silly...especially when it's free and boosted beyond the original in so many ways.

Let me get this straight. His friends were silly for quitting  due to their play style being restricted, but your friends wanting to quit because they chose to do DFB even though they didn’t have to aren’t? Hypocritical much?

The changes to DFB/MSR we’re not improvements in the sight of all. Nor were they supported by the entire community as this thread alone has shown. Several people do indeed support the changes, and several people do not. The community is split on the issue. The devs just happened to agree that change was needed. However, it is wrong to say the community needs and supports it, as only part of the community sees it that way. There are always two sides.

A quick count of people disagreeing with the changes in this 11 page thread is 6 vocal people everyone else seems fine with the Dev's balancing efforts.

Thanks for all your hard work Dev's

There are plenty of thread about it all with differing opinions. The original comment I responded to implied that the community in whole needed and supported this change. That is completely false. There is a part of the community that does not support it. I never said one was bigger than the other. Only that it is wrong to assume the community supports it as a whole. It is better to say, “part of the community supports this”. That is undoubtedly true. Saying the community needs this however is fully subjective and shouldn’t really be said at all. I’m not going to say the community needs DFB nor will I say the community needed it to be nerfed. Either statement is purely based on opinion. I will says that the nerf was definitely wanted by some and very much opposed by others.

Actually, not false, validated by data. 6 people disagree. Out of multiples of 10 agreeing. So, the majority approve, therefor in a community, that is majority support.

Not everyone agrees with mandatory seatbelt laws. However, the majority approve, thus, the community supports it.

You don't know me at all LOL. I have 9 level 50's already and roughly 1 billion liquid inf after completely IOing them. Never use AE. I don't have a brute farmer or a fire/kin. I do PL myself (and a few friends). Takes me a day (8 hours) to get to 50 with xp boosts. I am not new to CoX - played from launch until the last second it was Live without any break in between on my 2 paid accounts.

I just think the arguments FOR maintaining the DFB are completely hyperbolic. DFB does not teach you anything after the first few runs. People who run it to 32-50 do not know how to team or play any better than had they stopped at 10. They don't know anything about their powers better. They don't have a FEEL for the character since they are limited to powers up until level 10. What they have discovered is farming...and playing against enemies which frankly have very little chance of doing much damage - which is in no way indicative of the actual game I actually don't care about the DFB changes... I just think if you are going to make an argument against them changing it... they should be actual arguments and not hyperbolic, childish threats, or flat out untruths. I do think people are blowing this WAY out of proportion. I do think people are acting like petulant brats over something so minor. The purpose of DFB was never to get to 32 - it was to get you to DiB level which no one runs because it takes a modicum of actually knowing your character to do.

The "nerfs" in this last patch still have the rewards of both DFB and MSR being WAY above anything that was on live...but people will find anything to complain about and act like ungrateful 6 year olds. 

So you're mad they took the "I win" aspect out of the game. You're upset because they made it still WAY more rewarding than Live ever was. You don't like playing with people who have strategies for playing together and want to do what you want to do when you want to do it regardless of how it affects others... got it. Well have fun on your private server. I have no desire to play in your sandbox seems like it's just an "I win" server which would get old real fast.

Actually, I said exactly what I meant.  I’m highly disappointed.  Mad would mean I’m a bit emotional over a game mechanic.  Which I’m not.

I don’t like playing with anyone who attempts to force me to play “their way or the highway.”  Which is basically what you just outlined here and in a few other posts in this thread.  I have the highway model well within my grasp (as does everyone).  And I get you don’t want an “I win” button, nor do you prefer to level quickly.  That’s fine, I’ve no intention nor desire to prevent you from playing however you wish.  I once leveled a blaster wayyyyyy back in like issue 5 days from 1-50 totally solo and via missions (not street sweeping) just to prove to myself I could when everyone was complaining that blasters were far too squishy to survive.  It was darn annoying at times, and almost all of this was pre-IO, but I did it.  Because I wanted to play my way....not teamed with controllers and defenders as most blasters were told to do.  Your tone indicates a level of superior condemnation that I want to play that way, but its interesting to me how little I care how YOU prefer to play.  In fact, I hope that your preferred play style remains fully available to you.

But regardless of your beliefs, I remain very disappointed in this change.  Not the change itself, but in the precedent that it represents.  Once again, years after being mothballed, the game is available to play.  And once again, there’s a chorus of players who really insist that the game only be played however they believe it must be played.  Forced teaming, forced soloing, I shouldn’t have to go into a PVP zone to earn a PVP badge/drops/whatever, Regen is too strong nerf them, Burn needs to be changed, put a timer on the wolf mission, etc etc etc.  I’d really hoped this mentality was left in mothballs.

Judging by your post....it appears its alive and well.  For what reasons I can’t fathom.  Other than a deep seated need to impose one players’ will on that of the entire population in the name of balance of powers, time, effort or just egos. 

Interesting lesson in psychology.

Bingo.

Or, guarantee that dfb, AE and pl spam is kept completely out of broadcast for people below lvl 20, and then maybe it won't harm new players.

The issue that people who argue for broken content is, they ignore the negative impact on new players and keep claiming that others are against their fun.

I can say with great certainty that no one cares if you powerlevel, it's the harm that it does to new players when it saturates communication, rendering the game a one trick pony for newbies. Work with us to find a way to guarantee it does not affect newbies, like banned from comm channels under lvl 23, and then you're addressing the REAL issue

I am totally ok with the DFB nerf, especially after last weekend.

My friends and I were going to do some lvl 50 missions and TFs (normal stuff). Seeing as how we were 5 players, we needed 3 more. We get a lvl 50 (i Think he was a controller?) and soon start to realize he's only using the 2 basic powers, no buffs/debuffs from him and he's acting like he's never played the game before. So we ask him what's up? We find out that he doesn't know how to level, how to slot, or what enhancements are. We ask "Well how did you get to 50 without knowing this stuff?" He says that he's been DFB-ing and thought that this was all there was to the game.... SIGH. Rather than just kicking the guy, we then go a head and start teaching him how to play the game. We have to inform him what Contacts are and how to get missions.

The point is that at lvl 50, we shouldn't have to teach you how to play the game. That's what lvl 1-49 are for. Hell, lvl 1-49 ARE the game, we don't have the end content that some other MMOs have. If DFB was't nerfed you'd be hearing A LOT more stories like this and people's morale would go down the toilet; both the power levelers that people wouldn't want to play with or would be bored at end game, or the experienced players who don't want to bother teaching the game you should have been learning since lvl 1.

So as for a huge improvement to quality of life I like this.

I also realize that the current layout of the game was for when it was a private server with a max of maybe 2000 players (I think that was the old SCORE max). That small of a population you need to make things a bit easier. now that there are somewhere like 91,000 people playing the game (Massively's numbers) the balance needs to slide. There's nothing wrong with that.

Some (a vocal minority) wont like it. Some will. That's OK too. Play the game or don't, your call.

To the people who are saying Death from Below was fine as it was.

Do you really think it is fine that you are getting the same experience values for your level doing content that is tuned for characters far below your level that content that is tuned for your level gives? Once you hit the level that the trial begins to exemplar you is when the Experience begins to get reduced, that is because as you level and get more slots you grow more powerful.

A natural level 6 Character and a level 20+ character scaled down to level 6 are not the same levels of power and should not be gaining the same XP for fighting the same mob.

Yes, I do think that's fine. That's exactly how RSK has worked since the day it was introduced. And its one of the best features of CoX, because I can play with friends or they can play with me -- either way.

You're right, though that they shouldn't be gaining the same XP. And they aren't. They're both gaining xp as if it conned whatever it does to the rsk-to-6 as their native 6/20+ character level. Which is the way it should be. If the 20+ is gaining xp at the rate of a 6, you may as well not give the 20+ xp at all, which would completely destroy the point of RSK'in.

My friends and I were going to do some lvl 50 missions and TFs (normal stuff). Seeing as how we were 5 players, we needed 3 more. We get a lvl 50 (i Think he was a controller?) and soon start to realize he's only using the 2 basic powers, no buffs/debuffs from him and he's acting like he's never played the game before. So we ask him what's up? We find out that he doesn't know how to level, how to slot, or what enhancements are. We ask "Well how did you get to 50 without knowing this stuff?" He says that he's been DFB-ing and thought that this was all there was to the game.... SIGH. Rather than just kicking the guy, we then go a head and start teaching him how to play the game. We have to inform him what Contacts are and how to get missions.

bpiuZI4.gif

I'm out.

You act like this would be different if they PI door piked to 50. It wouldn't. But that's somehow okay, I guess, because reasons? Where's the calls to nerf that?

• City Council

Yes, I do think that's fine. That's exactly how RSK has worked since the day it was introduced. And its one of the best features of CoX, because I can play with friends or they can play with me -- either way.

Before Issue 16 you got no experience if you exemplared below your native level. It was mostly a tool for level 50s. I don't remember when they added the extra 5 levels worth of powers -- pretty sure it was around the same time as the F2P transition but I could be wrong on that note.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Sidekick#Exemplar.2FMalefactor

I'm not arguing that we should go back to that -- I think the current system is better. However it's not correct to say it was always like that.

Before Issue 16 you got no experience if you exemplared below your native level. It was mostly a tool for level 50s. I don't remember when they added the extra 5 levels worth of powers -- pretty sure it was around the same time as the F2P transition but I could be wrong on that note.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Sidekick#Exemplar.2FMalefactor

I'm not arguing that we should go back to that -- I think the current system is better. However it's not correct to say it was always like that.

God, does anyone remember the days where to sidekick you had to have one high level for each lowbie?

Used to be a nightmare:

a. setting it up

b. if someone dropped

3. if you levelled to within 3 levels and were then suddenly less effective than prior to levelling

You act like this would be different if they PI door piked to 50. It wouldn't. But that's somehow okay, I guess, because reasons? Where's the calls to nerf that?

Please, let's avoid straw man arguments. He didn't say that.

Which completely misses all and addresses none of the points made. No, we no longer have the option of getting to level 22 as quickly as we could yesterday via DFB, which makes doing it beyond lvl 15 or so pointless. We tolerated the monotony because it was fast and efficient. Now that it's no longer efficient we are forced to slog to 22 via the other ways we CHOSE NOT to use but now have no other option. Doing DFB was always a choice. No one was ever forced into the speedy lane. But we have certainly been forced out of it.

You can pretend you chose to do it all you want, but this post shows exactly why it was needed: people were tolerating doing something they found tedious or boring or annoying only because it was the most efficient way to earn XP.

That is an issue!!!

You can argue leveling in this game is too slow, that it should somehow be sped up across all content, but doing the same tedious content over and over (anything becomes tedious once it’s repeated to no end) hurts the game, as people that can’t endure it but feel that’s the way to do things just quit.

Personally, I would like to see some other ways that are more varied to earn xp. Bigger mission and arc complete bonuses, maybe PvP match experience, TF xp, badge XP, monster hunter XP. But having just one content be ridiculously better than the rest is bad for everyone in the long run.