Could you cut it in the big time?

Pick a toon, your favorite, current, or your main.  Could they cut it in your favorite comic book universe? Hanging out in the Justice League with Superman, Theorycrafting world domination plans with Victor Von Doom, spa day with Spawn.  Would you be a player or played and who would you take to another universe.

I'm not going to lie, my fave is a dark/martial blaster who ain't quite right.  Stops a bank robbery, commits a bank robbery and jailbreaks the bad guy she captured robbing the bank.  So heroes and villains would be after me, but as long as I only had to deal with the Luthors, Jokers, Batmans, and Supermans 1 on 1 I think I could hang.

Sure, I could eat croissants with the Tick and Arthur.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Acrobattle would be dealing with Daredevil a lot, and not always on good terms. I doubt he care much for Batman. He'd only hang with the big boys when they need his infiltration/hacking/demolition skills. He'd be an old school Defender, the non-team of supes.:-)

Major Viktory would fit right in, since he's basically Captain America (without the shield).

Whipsmart would provide the team "fabulous inventions!" in his alter ego (Fletcher Finley), but would be a bit insufferable as Whippie, as he enjoys updating his blog in mission, and saying annoying things like, "Hey, there, buddy-boo!"

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I'm thinking my nomenclature would be considered a very big threat to the supes of any dimension. 

His existence is to eliminate them as they are a threat to the world.

Yes, I am a "villain" eliminating heroes, who's actions have weakened the inherent strength of human spirit and ingenuity by relying on them to "save" the masses when any threat looms on the horizon. There is no evolution of humanity when every issue is manipulated by a supers existence. 

Order must be restored to maintain balance, heroes and all super powered entities are an aberration that threaten existence. 

Edited by The_Warpact
Spell check dammit
  • Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, lemming said:

A decent percentage of my characters are from my tabletop RPG (Champs) days.  Obviously the power levels and construction are a tad different.

Now I need to go full circle and convert everyone back to Prowlers & Paragons UE

I'm a huge champions fan from 1st edition.  Are you saying Prowlers & Paragons is better than Champions for superheroes?

22 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

I'm a huge champions fan from 1st edition.  Are you saying Prowlers & Paragons is better than Champions for superheroes?

Do three minute combats take twelve hours to resolve? 😝

• Haha 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

40 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

Oh, never tried Aberrant? Or Wild Talents/Godlike?  Both, for me, sitting at the top of the Supers RPG mountain.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Some of my guys would be hanging out in Noonan's Bar in the Cauldron, and playing cards with Tommy Monagahan.

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

5 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Oh, never tried Aberrant? Or Wild Talents/Godlike?  Both, for me, sitting at the top of the Supers RPG mountain.

No, my simple Champions replacement was BASH.  I like 4 color heroes with a ton of flexibility in character creation.  The other systems I have found tend to have a list of powers you can have and lack the flexibility of Champions.

• Like 1

Okay.  Found those two very flexible.  Especially when you have a jam session around the table and work out that since you can apparently teleport through anything, then you have a time travel power!  Temporal Teleportation here we come!

57 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Some of my guys would be hanging out in Noonan's Bar in the Cauldron, and playing cards with Tommy Monagahan.

::::holds up a copy of the first several Hitman appearances in one volume, owned since 1996, signed by Garth Ennis and John McRea::::  You win.  Also, someone needs to adapt this  They're 1 for 2 for Garth's stuff live action, this is one I'd want to see done right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JnEricsonx said:

::::holds up a copy of the first several Hitman appearances in one volume, owned since 1996, signed by Garth Ennis and John McRea::::  You win.  Also, someone needs to adapt this  They're 1 for 2 for Garth's stuff live action, this is one I'd want to see done right.

Yeah, THIS over Preacher any day for me.  And we all know GL is a cheapskate, yeah?

I like The Boys, but only saw the first 2 seasons of Preacher.  Maybe because I remember The Boys less is why I like the show more, whereas I've read all of Preacher probably 5 times.  Did meet Graham McTavish after the first season, and did tell him from what little he was in the first season I bought him fully as the Saint of Killers.

Ah, I LOVED Preacher...and then half way through for me it turned to crap - apart from the Saint of Killers!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lusiphur Malache said:

Pick a toon, your favorite, current, or your main.  Could they cut it in your favorite comic book universe? Hanging out in the Justice League with Superman, T

Hey, if the Justice League can handle Plastic Man, Elongated Man, Booster Gold, The Question (first), Creeper, and even occasionally Ambush Bug, then a guy who likes embodying the costume, character, and ideals of old movie serial hero Commander Ray Gunn should have no problems fitting in.    It's not cosplay if you can actually hero.  😉

• Like 1

Hmm, a hero whose shtick is cosplaying other heroes?

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

*give Moon Knight the side-eye*

NO FRENCHIE!  Not the baguette!

(I might be channeling Jean de Baton-Baton there)

Edited by Darmian