Sorcery Pool Updates in Issue 27, Page 2

To be honest I don't see Fire Armor having enough representation (OUTSIDE OF FARMS!) to warrant nerfs.

Also, re-reading the last page(s) makes me ponder how many people are treating CoH as if it was WoW with a competitive race to world first raiding scene. Now having inspirations in mail is an exploit that needs to be squashed? What the heck, 0.1% of the population uses it to overcome a challenge or speedrun (also a challenge). Who does this for regular playing?

I would rather have an hour or two spent increasing AH stacks to 100 so I don't repeat the same gesture 49 times, or 71 times like I did last night, in order to sell 710 Converters. That, at least, affects 100% of the population rather than the 0.1%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, basically Traps had a similar problem, but it was actually much stronger, because it was a much larger area and it was also pre-PPM.  It would have a (probably significantly) lower chance to proc if it was using PPM. I remember people using it to clear out all the minions on the rooftops of the two forward towers on the last map of the ITF. At its best, today's Burn couldn't approach that simply because it's just not that big of an AoE. Plus the proc chance probably isn't as good because of how it works in most pseudopets - it's based on a flat 10s cycle time, reduced by area factor..

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2021 at 5:45 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Want to actually fix most of the problems this game has now, Devs? Stop people from doing exactly this.

How prevalent a problem is this?  Honestly seems like alot of work.  I rarely use inspirations unless im really struggling.  Even then.  Im trying to see how good my build is, and find challenge.  I just dont see this as a 100% of the time thing.  More an outlier.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:02 PM, America's Angel said:

---

Enflame:

Copied my Rad/Fire Brute over to Cryptic, picked up Sorcery, and  ran a bunch of farms on Cryptic with Enflame slotted like this.

unknown.png

I cast it on an NPC ally and had them follow me around. It only shaved off ~15s from my cleartime. So the power doesn't seem unbalanced in regular farms.

It helped out a lot more in an EB farm. But those are an inefficient way to farm anyway, so that doesn't matter IMO.

Is Enflame an Autohit??? How you getting away with procs only?

37 minutes ago, Chance Jackson said:

Is Enflame an Autohit??? How you getting away with procs only?

My global accuracy/tohit bonus from IOs and other powers puts me at the chance to hit cap.

• Like 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

18 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

My global accuracy/tohit bonus from IOs and other powers puts me at the chance to hit cap.

I thought damaging toggles like this worked like damaging Pseudo Pets(like trip mine & voltaic sentinel) which do not inherit ACC or Tohit bonuses from the castor to my knowledge (which may be out of date or just plain wrong)

13 minutes ago, Chance Jackson said:

I thought damaging toggles like this worked like damaging Pseudo Pets(like trip mine & voltaic sentinel) which do not inherit ACC or Tohit bonuses from the castor to my knowledge (which may be out of date or just plain wrong)

Enflame no longer procs from the pseudopets, it procs from an aura that does nothing except trigger procs every 10s. So it should have your accuracy bonuses.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Okay, I just wanted to say I love most of the changes but there's one thing I pretty much hate about it.

Spirt Ward's new gong sound effect. Repeats way too much and is way too loud. 

Suuuuuuuuuuuuper annoying. Has gotten to the point where I tell people straight up to take it off me just because the sound effect drives me nuts.

3 minutes ago, Killobot5000 said:

Okay, I just wanted to say I love most of the changes but there's one thing I pretty much hate about it.

Spirt Ward's new gong sound effect. Repeats way too much and is way too loud. 

Suuuuuuuuuuuuper annoying. Has gotten to the point where I tell people straight up to take it off me just because the sound effect drives me nuts.

I thought they were gonna change that?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wavicle said:

I thought they were gonna change that?

Were they? Didn't hear anything about it, but I'm rarely on the forums so I only really notice stuff once it gets to the normal (non-test) servers.

Would be fantastic if it does go away/get replaced.

• 2 weeks later

I just want to say that I seem to have a ton of characters with Sorcery now so the changes must be pretty damn good 🙂

It seems to be firmly up there now with Flight and Concealment as the best alternatives to the SS/SJ/Fight/Leader meta. 

Any word on revamps of the other origin pools? Experimentation is already pretty damn good but can’t wait to see what you guys do.

Edited by arcane

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Any word on revamps of the other origin pools? Experimentation is already pretty damn good but can’t wait to see what you guys do.

Experimental Injection Adrenal Boost and Unleashed Potential are going to have 180s fixed recharges to match Rune IIRC.

Edited by America's Angel

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

7 minutes ago, America's Angel said:

Experimental Injection and Unleashed Potential are going to have 180s fixed recharges to match Rune IIRC.

Yeah I was planning on that - I’m more wondering what else could come of it. Like how Arcane Bolt is suddenly a pretty good attack. I even have a couple characters that dug into Sorcery but didn’t take Rune because all 5 powers are good for something now.

15 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Experimental Injection or Adrenal Boost?

Oops! Meant Adrenal Boost.

• Like 1