[Beta] Patch Notes for May 24th, 2021

Just now, TemporalVileTerror said:

Sorry, to be clear, I'm reading your concern in regard to Pocket D's access as an issue related to AE Power-levelling @Replacement?

See, I thought it was more about the convenience of access to Null the Gull, the travel hub, and for quality of life of the Everlasting Club-Roleplay crowd.

Honestly- more convenient access to Null really isn't worth it? I know what Replacement is getting at, I think- it's the same thing I'm complaining about, the lack of incentive to not run straight to the AE from level one. Getting to Pocket D from the starting zones is already pretty darn easy- walk just a short ways to the base portal, zone-8888, bam, you're there!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I have to make someone new, so it doesn't matter.  Ill go 35, I guess.

Never mind.  It's not letting me in.

Eesh, I imagine you use Tequila? Yeah, that got me too. Homecoming's launcher updates fine but there's some issues they're aware of and working out for the rest.

2 minutes ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Sorry, to be clear, I'm reading your concern in regard to Pocket D's access as an issue related to AE Power-levelling @Replacement?

See, I thought it was more about the convenience of access to Null the Gull, the travel hub, and for quality of life of the Everlasting Club-Roleplay crowd.

With the exception of the RP crowd, all the rest of what you listed is exactly why I wouldn't want it connected. AP has enough going for it.  The game has enough incentives to stay there.  AE letting you get to 50 isn't my issue -- it's just yet another thing you can do without ever leaving.

Maybe this is just because I'm more of a "small crowd" person. The only thing that makes me more nervous than 200 people is running into just 1 person.

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Folks, this is a beta build - these decisions aren't final. It should go without saying, (but must be said every time a new patch note hits...) that the devs are seeking our input in testing and providing substantive feedback. 

That’s exactly what we’re doing.

1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

Folks, this is a beta build - these decisions aren't final. It should go without saying, (but must be said every time a new patch note hits...) that the devs are seeking our input in testing and providing substantive feedback. 

Absolutely, and I was the first to mention that I'm normally pretty level-headed when it comes to offering feedback, but there's always a problem when changes are pushed out that are... Well, honestly, lacking in any clear rationale.

Add to that the fact that, as previously discussed, some people can't access the beta without going out of their way to download the Homecoming launcher. For whatever reason. (In my case, I'd have to do a reorganization I'm putting off of my downloads and folders and such.)

And... Yeah, it's mostly a case of just blindly guessing the why so that we can offer solutions that would seem more amenable and be less arbitrary in execution. I did point out reasons why I thought this was a pretty bad move, just on paper.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Macchiato said:

Eesh, I imagine you use Tequila? Yeah, that got me too. Homecoming's launcher updates fine but there's some issues they're aware of and working out for the rest.

12 minutes ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Huh.  Weird.  I just got in and bumped myself up to 35 already.
Shut down all instances of the client, and give your Homecoming Launcher a reboot, mayhaps?

Yes, I use Tequila. 

I've closed all instances and revalidated several times.  All I get is: " Wrong game version, run patcher and reconnect, server 20210524_4385, client 20210507_4357"

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Sad 1

Hmm. I'm kind of surprised that they didn't just add manhole entrances to Atlas/Mercy instead of removing the (others)? Or something similar (like this door with the big arrow above it goes to Atlast).

Edited by arthurh35353
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Honestly, if there are going to be entrances added to Mercy Island and Atlas Park, and there must be entrances removed, then I'd rather see the Kings Row and Port Oakes entrances removed.  It makes little sense to have two lowbie entrances and remove the mid-level entrances.

Yeah, and the higher level entrances actually have some nice uses for me.

Founders: Puts you right outside a university, midnighter club, and base portal.

St. Martial: Right there when I finish my patron arc and want to switch my alignment back.

Anyway, really just agree we don’t need to move any more of the game to Atlas Park.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

image.png.6bf8ded55a6820a9960f09f9aa0ddfbd.png

Level 45 on leader.  Was given option to launch the Task Force while solo.  Teamed up with a Level 35 alt, and got this message.

"But I could do it by myself, why won't you let me bring along Helpless Lad and Adequate Lass?!"

I mean, as long as the team leader is over 45 and everyone else gets SK'd up anyway, I don't see why they can't come along. Just make sure it can't be started by anyone under 45.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

I'm pretty sure the reasoning is that Echo Plaza will only be available via LRT until the end of May.  Once June rolls around, the only way to get to Echo Plaza will be via Pocket D.  So they are adding entrances to Atlas and Mercy to make it easier for lowbies to get to Echo Plaza.  But it makes no sense IMO to have two low level entrances and no mid-level entrance.

Also, with travel powers available at level 4 and no other way to turn off the stupid server pop-up tray than Null the Gull, low level access to PD is kind of important.   If you don't have access via an SG base, there's no other way to get a newly created character there easily. 

Getting to PD to turn off the travel power server tray is one of the first things I do when I create a new character now.  It blocks 3 of my other trays simultaneously and is annoying as all hell.  With this change, I don't have to log in an alt to add myself to the SG just to get access to PD to turn off the tray.

That being said, I'm all for them being added as additional entrances instead of removing others, if they can find a way to do it.