[Beta] Patch Notes for May 24th, 2021

I assume this will also apply to the blueside one too?
(i.e Atlas and Nova being added for blue, and none removed.)

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

22 minutes ago, Faultline said:

I spent a while redoing the lobbies and minimap to add Nova and Mercy without removing existing exits. That will be on the next patch.

Thank you.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

11 hours ago, Jimmy said:

The St. Martial entrance has been redirected to Mercy Island

Please don't remove the St. Martial exit! I like St. Martial and hate Mercy Island! Don't make me go there. 

-EDIT-

Didn't see the notes from Faultline saying that he'd reworked the lobbies so that the old entrances wouldn't be removed. Thanks!

Edited by CraterLabs
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Without going too far off topic, reacting with demands for the developers to explain their decision on a particular change isn't substantive feedback. 

EDIT: NVM, just saw the latest.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Thumbs Up 1

Users of the freebies menu should be advised that attempting to grant full sets of non-attuned Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control enhancements will fail. I have corrected the issue, searched extensively for similar issues in other sets (I found none, although my search was not exhaustive), and submitted the corrected version to Faultline for inclusion in the next patch. Granting individual Gaussian's enhancements still works, as does granting full sets of attuned Gaussian's enhancements, so I recommend either of those options until the corrected menu is patched.

EDIT: Users may also manually grant full sets of non-attuned Gaussian's using the following chat command, where <level> is the desired level of the set:

/boostset Gaussians_Synchronized_Fire-Control <level>

Many thanks to discord user Spector for noticing and reporting the issue!

Edited by AboveTheChemist
added chat command, clarification
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Pocket D

• DJ Zero has redirected some of the less popular entrances to the club
    • The Founder Falls entrance has been redirected to Atlas Park
    • The St. Martial entrance has been redirected to Mercy Island
    • A new entrance has been opened in Nova Praetoria, behind the Civic Center

I know its a minor change, but...

Having St. Martial connected to Pocket D has served me in the past as a villain. At higher levels I have almost no reason to go back to Mercy Isle (unless its for RP or some rare missions), Atlas Park is a different story as its a place that can lead to the Rikti War Zone and Recluse's Victory. Two places that Mercy doesn't connect to at all. Imho this change doesnt need to happen at all, aside from maybe the Nova Praetoria one, that's fine. But having Pocket D connect to three zones at different level ranges is pretty useful. Port Oakes and Mercy are pretty close to level range, honestly. And on top of that, Port Oakes's entrance to Pocket D is right by the ferry anyways, so having a Mercy Island option seems pointless to me. In general though, these options of transportation are less popular due to Long Ranged Teleporter and other forms of getting around, so why change them? Just leave them be and focus on some areas that could use the extra help. I've never heard an outcry for this particular change. If you guys really wanna add these new entrances that's cool, but I'd really appreciate it if you didn't replace the ones we already have (pretty please). 🙂

Edited by Ry

12 minutes ago, Ry said:

I know its a minor change, but...

Having St. Martial connected to Pocket D has served me in the past as a villain. At higher levels I have almost no reason to go back to Mercy Isle (unless its for RP or some rare missions), Atlas Park is a different story as its a place that can lead to the Rikti War Zone and Recluse's Victory. Two places that Mercy doesn't connect to at all. Imho this change doesnt need to happen at all, aside from maybe the Nova Praetoria one, that's fine. But having Pocket D connect to three zones at different level ranges is pretty useful. Port Oakes and Mercy are pretty close to level range, honestly. And on top of that, Port Oakes's entrance to Pocket D is right by the ferry anyways, so having a Mercy Island option seems pointless to me. In general though, these options of transportation are less popular due to Long Ranged Teleporter and other forms of getting around, so why change them? Just leave them be and focus on some areas that could use the extra help. I've never heard an outcry for this particular change. If you guys really wanna add these new entrances that's cool, but I'd really appreciate it if you didn't replace the ones we already have (pretty please). 🙂

EDIT: Only just seen the later responses to this entire thing literally a few minutes after posting this first post, big derp. Thank you so much for listening @Faultline, it means a lot! ❤️

23 hours ago, Monos King said:

How about we not do this one though. There are already enough reasons to congregate at Atlas and Mercy, and some of us like going to those zones. Taking away even something like the pocket d entrance just ensures they'll be dead zones even more. Also I don't see any reason for this one to begin with, not everything needs to be accessible within seconds of making the character. If anything, just adding pocket d to mercy and atlas would be better, although wouldn't really fix the problem aforementioned. 

This. I really don't get why Devs want to add more zones when we have so many 'dead' ones. 

Putting the Pocket D entrances in already busy zones seems counter intuitive to me. I don't mind them as is and we already have the fast teleport system in place + the player SG travel hub...I think we're good.

I would prefer Devs focus more on adding missions and provide things to do. Powers, fixes and QoL are great but how about some new activities, enemies and missions. I will bring up my request to use the AE and have players do the heavy lifting (its a discussion I've held many times back when and can't remember where in the forums I've discussed it). Let's do new stuff 🙂

• City Council
59 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

I would prefer Devs focus more on adding missions and provide things to do.

Once again: different people do different things. I can edit a map, but I'm not a writer nor do I know anything about power balance. The story arc writers are focused in story arcs, the powers people are focused on power changes, the map editors are focused on map editing.

Page 1 had the Freaklok and two new arcs. Page 2 had the Tour Guide missions. Page 3 will have [redacted] and [redacted]. Content is not being neglected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• City Council
3 minutes ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Jimmy is busy, but yes; Pocket D was updated, the Weakened Hamidon Buds spawn at level 45+ and Arcane Power won't charge with toggle powers (for real this time).

• Like 1

• Jimmy locked this topic