never thought this game would depress me, but it does

Carbie48

On 6/11/2021 at 2:25 PM, KauaiJim said:

The OP is coming across like a "stage 5 clinger".  No offense OP but THAT can annoy folks to the point of NOT wanting to group up with you.  Maybe I'm wrong but unless you can provide a bit more of an example of what is happening exactly vs what you expect.

I personally WILL NEVER group with a 'puppy' bouncing around me sending me tells "Let's team up!", "Invite please!", "Can I join?", etc. etc all while spamming me with team invite requests.  Yeah, that would not be my lack of friendliness...  that would be more an issue on your part.  

Homecoming is one of the friendliest and helpful mmo environments I've ever seen, and I have seen a LOT.  I'm sorry you are feeling the way you do.  That isn't good.  But honestly, I think you need to consider your approach perhaps?  Or, and this is an honest question, do you suffer from bi-polar or something that folks may not be aware of?  Even if you do, find a good SG and explain and I think you will find a little more understanding and support.

I guess I can't figure out (by reading not only this post but your others) exactly what is going on with YOU.  I wish you the best my friend.  We really are a good community here who does care.  Maybe you have a specific expectation that is a bit much for some folks...

i have NEVER once sent random messages to players BEGGING them to team up with me... i ask in LFG and there only...  

I initially wasn't going to reply to this post because I cannot tell if the OP is serious or not, but here goes anyway.

I have not experienced the same things the OP seemingly has in that post.  Quite the opposite in fact.  I am wary when people generalize as much as the OP did.  Switch to the help channel and you will see what I mean - there is some actual help going on there.  Sure some of it may be a link to a web site because explaining the incarnate system in /help would be rough.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Carbie48 said:

i have NEVER once sent random messages to players BEGGING them to team up with me... i ask in LFG and there only...  

Why don’t you tell us what actually did happen so we can understand why the world doesn’t care and is rude and abusive and so on. You keep dropping mega mystery posts with no details. Like what on earth could happened to make you want to delete everything, etc. People might help you, or they might not, but you’d have to give them something to work with.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arcane said:

Why don’t you tell us what actually did happen so we can understand why the world doesn’t care and is rude and abusive and so on. You keep dropping mega mystery posts with no details. Like what on earth could happened to make you want to delete everything, etc. People might help you, or they might not, but you’d have to give them something to work with.

Or we could just stop feeding the troll thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Heh.  Was on an ITF last night that was put together by a 35 and he made a level 50, vet level 65, lead.

The vet had little idea what they were doing with leading an ITF,  but we muddled thru.  And I think they learned.

I noted before they started, their setting was -1/x4 and I reminded them to set difficulty.

First mission was +0 which was fine, but they set it for +4 next one.

We had a scrapper, little healing, only two 50s that were incarnate.  (I was on a newly minted 50 fire blaster with generic IOs)

That was a tough mission, but we did it with only one quitting.  (I have no idea how many times I died, but I mostly kept up with my Rise of the Phoenix)

We set it back to +1 for next mission and got thru the rest fairly well.

It was a good learning experience. 😄   Reminded me of some TFs on live where everything was new.  I'd team with them again.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

Or we could just stop feeding the troll thread.

here we have another example of an abusive person who likes to embarrass others to make themselves feel good... why would i want to share anything with low life losers like this hanging around? 

• Thumbs Down 7

8 minutes ago, Carbie48 said:

here we have another example of an abusive person who likes to embarrass others to make themselves feel good... why would i want to share anything with low life losers like this hanging around? 

This thread devolved fast.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

This thread devolved fast.

Not really; it started pretty low to begin with.  OP came in with a bad attitude and bad expectations, assuming the worst of people.  It was easy to see where this was going to go.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Blackbird71 said:

Not really; it started pretty low to begin with.  OP came in with a bad attitude and bad expectations, assuming the worst of people.  It was easy to see where this was going to go.

I find it interesting that through it all with all the people that posted beneficial helpful info it was all ignored and instead the op fixated on what they construed as attacks.

No thank you's, that's great advice, great idea, etc. Some people just love playing the role of the victim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Paragraph after paragraph of people trying to help but only the less then helpful comment was seen.  But that comment was shown to be the most correct.  I'm sorry we can't help you,  but that's because you don't want any help.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1