Anyone managed to beat AV Doc. Vaz. solo without...

gronbek

You are going to be much better off soloing that later after you've levelled up.  I don't remember what the max level of that TF is, but let's call it 16.  If you go back and solo it at a higher level (say 30), you get:

-- Access to powers you've picked up at the max level +5.  So you'd have access to your lvl 18 and 20 power.

-- Access to additional slots you've picked up in these powers.  You might have a power 3-slotted at 15, but 6-slotted at 30.  You get enhancements and set bonuses you may not have had before.

-- A greater number of inspiration slots.

I'm generally able to solo him on most characters that try (some may need envenomed daggers) with just a full tray of purples.  But I don't try at 15.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

All the time. Scrappers or Tankers. I think my last one had it set at +0 x6 and went it at level 17 or something.

Your problem is two folded. A) you're really low level so don't have enough slots. And B) Super Strength sucks before Rage (the low level attacks are terribad too). Had you been Claws you probably would have managed it. Had you been Bio/Claws you would have probably walked all over it.

I pretty much only play Fire Armor and Burn is a big help. If you want to try something new try Fire Armor/Claws or Martial arts such as I have in my signature. They both exemplar wonderfully. Super Strength is bad at low levels until Rage, and then only gets an AoE at 38. Even Fire Armor/Super Strength is better because Burn helps with no AoE until 38

The Fire Armor/Martial Arts did Posi 1 and 2 at +0x8 which says enough about the low key synergy of the combo.

Edited by Sovera
  • Thanks 1

Full tray of purple insps (even if your full tray is just 10 at level 15) + eating 1-2 purples at a time will tend to do the trick on any character, in my experience.

Even with a strict no P2W rule. Brawl is your friend. It deals damage and costs no endurance. So by inserting Brawl between every attack, or spamming Brawl when you're low, you can keep going forever.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay; yeah, it did happen, Back In The Day, when one of my mains (MA/SR Scrapper) had the Doc Vahz arc that had become stalled after my guy ended up outleveling the contact.  I kept trying the contact as the levels went on, hoping to be able to finish things off one day.  Things finally did click and the arc restarted, though maxed out at level 15 or thereabouts (been a while, obviously).  My guy basically waltzed through the missions and finally got to the Doc Vahz scrap...and so here it was, a level 45 (again, thereabouts) Scrapper, alone, versus a level 15 AV.

The ensuing scrap was pretty much a war of attrition; there was no way Doc Vahz could hit my guy, but a solo character - even level 45 - was taking yea amount of time to take him out.  Yet finally it did come to fruition, my guy got the story arc completed - at last - and he had the Souvenir in his collection.

I don't anticipate anything like that happening again, but it's a nice "Shake the head, smile, and say 'Remember when...?'" moment.

I've tried it hardcore mode with no insp or temps at level, but I couldn't retard his regen fast enough with my own DPS. If you're looking at it that way, as long as you can mitigate incoming damage effectively, you really just need to be able to overcome the regen. It can take a while though!

I don't know what level I was, but ran both Posi's solo on my Beam Rifle/devices blaster solo while leveling up.  I hovered over him out of melee range.  I don't recall specifics, but I'd imagine I used inspirations.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

9 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I've tried it hardcore mode with no insp or temps at level, but I couldn't retard his regen fast enough with my own DPS. If you're looking at it that way, as long as you can mitigate incoming damage effectively, you really just need to be able to overcome the regen. It can take a while though!

When I solo Posi the only temp I use is  Recovery Serum since our endurance at that level of slotting is ruinous. It's definitely doable on Scrappers and Tankers. But, I also go in IOed to the gills. Not one generic IO in sight, it's all ATOs or events (Avalanche and such). On generics the proposition would be a lot iffier. Also, when I say tanks I mean Fire Armor which has a definite damage boost in Burn other Tankers won't have.

But yes, it's a slow whittling. A full team will probably kill him before he goes into second phase where soloing at level means he'll do all phases.

At the top of my mind I think only Clamor can really hardblock because she distributes like candy the most OP debuff in the game: -defense. No one wants to fight an AV with defense in the negatives while also surrounded by regular mobs. So that one asks for a bit of strategy like kiting and breaking line of sight to kill the adds and only then go at her with scrounged inspirations.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 2:09 PM, gronbek said:

Yeah I suppose the type of powers matter a lot. Going to try it again through the ourboros. Thanks for the tips.

FYI, you don't need to do it through Ouro.  You can always get Posi 1 and Posi 2 from Positron directly.  I think you only need Ouro for the old Positron TF.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?