OH MY DAYS HELLO AND THANK YOU

Welcome Home.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

And just as a little bit of principle information, the five Shards:

Torchbearer was the first Shard up to the public for the Homecoming Servers.  It has a moderate population.
 Excelsior is the most populated Shard.
 Indomitable is the officially unofficial PvP Shard, but that doesn't change any of the gameplay.  It just means more players interested PvP tend to call that Shard home.
 Everlasting is the officially unofficial Roleplay Shard, and boasts the largest ratio of Villains-to-Heroes.  Roleplayers are evil, apparently (and I'm saying that as an avid roleplayer!).
 and Reunion is the European Shard.  All other Shards are based out of Montreal, while Reunion is based out of Germany (based on the last update I received on this, I might be wrong if the physical locations have changed).

See you in the City!

• Like 2

Welcome home, WhiteGuardian!

• Just so you know, the vet rewards you used to have can be recovered from the P2W vendor near the Atlas statute in Atlas Park.
  • If you get all of the explore badges in Atlas Park (or any zone really) it unlocks a long range teleporter and a special macro that will let you use all of your teleports (base porter, mission porter, etc.)
  • Base items no longer cost prestige. So feel free to make your own SG and then build yourself a base with all of the things.
  • Travel powers are now accessible at level 4, and there are new power pools.
  • Typing /ah into chat will allow you to access the player market anywhere except in missions or bases.
  • There's a Looking for Group channel that you should use if you want to quickly find a team.
  • There's a Help channel in game if you have questions.

I think I covered pretty much everything. Feel free to ask more questions though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Welcome Home!

5 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:
  • Just so you know, the vet rewards you used to have can be recovered from the P2W vendor near the Atlas statute in Atlas Park.

PF (Flyer?  couldn't resist) is right.  Take the time to sort through the P2W vendors listings and consider taking anything that isn't nailed down by influence.  There's a lot of free stuff there that can help.  Note that the P2W vendor can increase your speed of advancement but at the cost of earning INF (currency).  As this is your first time in Homecoming, I'd not recommend the full double XP boost, as you'll need INF for some of your enhancements.

Note that vendors no longer sell training enhancements.  One starts with Dual Origin (DO) enhancements now, and Single Origin (SO) enhancements begin much much earlier than they used to, so be sure to scroll down to find them in the vendor lists.  Also, you'll now find a big, shiny "UPGRADE" button on your manage enhancements page.  If you have the influence, you can instantly buy an upgrade to all slotted enhancements.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, WhiteGuardian said:

No joke i have been strugglign with life alot the last 2 years and the fact i have come across this is amazing.

Hello all and thank you  - downloading it now!!!!

Welcome home :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

15 hours ago, WhiteGuardian said:

No joke i have been strugglign with life alot the last 2 years and the fact i have come across this is amazing.

Hello all and thank you  - downloading it now!!!!

Welcome back, Hero !

• Thumbs Up 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

Welcome home, glad you finally found us. Quite a bit has changed from the live days so check those patch notes and the guide section. Enjoy being a noob again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

Ohai new friend you bring teh donuts?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

So many more character slots for alts.

Have you decided on a Main?

Hero?/Villain?

Welcome Back!

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

On a related note. This is one of the things about Homecoming that bothers me.

There are so many people out there who love City of Heroes and would love to play again, but who do not know that these servers even exist. I wish that I could figure out a way to get the word out to all of the former CoH players. Not to benefit me, or Homecoming, but so they will at least have the choice to play CoH again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, catsi563 said:

Ohai new friend you bring teh donuts?

Why did I read that in Lo Wang's voice?     Also, welcome back, don't be afraid to start crying once you load into Atlas Park for the first time.  I think it's required for all us old-schoolers...or was that just me?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

Why did I read that in Lo Wang's voice?     Also, welcome back, don't be afraid to start crying once you load into Atlas Park for the first time.  I think it's required for all us old-schoolers...or was that just me?

wasnt just you i did too

See the source image

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

15 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

It didn't hit me until the first time I returned to Scrapyard's Grave in Potter's Field. That was where I was standing when shutdown hit. I wrote an article for it for the old forum newspaper. That's where the heart of home is for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 7/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, gourdhead said:

Welcome home, my friend.  Feel free to global friend me (Gourdhead) and send me an email, i'll set you up with some "operating capital" 🙂

thank you very much i have been  overwhelmed with nostalgia and have a few heroes i have remade from memory. all low level still but will add asap 🙂

On 7/29/2021 at 4:16 AM, TombTyrant said:

It didn't hit me until the first time I returned to Scrapyard's Grave in Potter's Field. That was where I was standing when shutdown hit. I wrote an article for it for the old forum newspaper. That's where the heart of home is for me.

Was amazing to be back in it for the first time! and to see so many players!!! 

• Thumbs Up 1