The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Best and worst Primary/Secondary T9s for an AT

KaizenSoze

I am sure this will be an fun opinionated topic.

What do you think are the best and worse T9s for a given AT. I will start with VEATs.

Primary T9 rating:

1. Psychic Wail - Who doesn't love a nuke that stuns
  2. Crowd Control - High damage 180 arc melee with knockdown
  3. Omega Maneuver - Some people like it
  4. Psychic Scream - this really should number 10. A 30 arc cone with a 2.6 cast time that only does moderate damage 😞

Secondary T9 rating

1. Summon spiderlings - can't be a crabbermind w/o it
  2. Aura of confusion - More situational, but still very good
  3. Elude - useful in PvP, good place for unique enhancements, but very optional
  4. Web Cocoon - Slow firing, no inherit damage, only barely useful with procs
Edited by KaizenSoze

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

1. Omega Maneuver - Some people like it

Personally I consider Omega Maneuver one of the worst T9's in the entire game. It has a very long cooldown, a laughable taunt effect, and only does Superior Damage. I am curious as to how it is intended to be used?

On teams, the "fuse" on it is too long, between the cooldown, and the delay in its activation, it is unwieldly to use on fast moving teams.

The damage on it is pitiful, you are better off sticking with your Venom Grenade > Suppression > X attack chain.

The taunt on it has such a low cap, that it won't be saving your fragile spider pets. And even if that were the case, it lasts mere moments before disappearing, freeing all those mobs to go right back to your pets, and you have to wait over a minute to use it again.

It is a power with multiple effects that is good at neither. Its terrible at damage, and terrible at taunting, so I am genuinely curious as to the thoughts that went into it. If it had a more realistic cooldown, or it was a taunt dummy that actually stayed up a bit of time, or even did actual meaningful damage, then it might be worth using. But the last time I checked most crabbers don't take it. 

I had to re-read the thread title and contents on account the first (and subsequent) replies weren't just the words "Time Bomb is the worst T9 in human history and those responsible for its conception, development, testing, and release should have their genitals exposed to 1000W microwave radiation for 9s (in deference to its cast time) followed by molten salt for 1000s (in a nod to its unenhanceable recharge)."

As for best... whatever I would speculate in earnest to be the best T9 would suffer instant diminishment just by being placed in the same reply as a mention of Time Bomb, so I am inclined to say something like "Fulcrum Shift" not because I believe it to be the best T9 but because I believe it is an overrated T9 and could use a little defamation.  

Edited by roleki
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

Agreed Time Bomb is entirely not good.  Elude is functionally quite good it just suffer from being almost entirely redundant rather than mechanically awful.

*too tired to try and figure it out (my brain is currently almost as useless as Time Bomb) but just how many t9 powers are there?*

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Agreed Time Bomb is entirely not good.  Elude is functionally quite good it just suffer from being almost entirely redundant rather than mechanically awful.

*too tired to try and figure it out (my brain is currently almost as useless as Time Bomb) but just how many t9 powers are there?*

Elude is definitely not bad. As you said just kind of useless at the moment.

Time Bomb... it's not the bottom of the T9 barrel.. it's what you find under the barrel.

Not as bad as Time Bomb, but Explosive Shuriken is decidedly anti-climactic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

52 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Why?  Why do you raise the pain (and aching realization of no fix EVER) of Invulnerability's Tier 9, laughing called "Unstoppable"  Gauranteed Stop.  Mike Drop.

Well played you evil person.

You're unstoppable!  Until you're very much not.  Unstop 'til you drop.

At least Unstoppable is completely unnecessary to a good /Invuln build.  It makes room for other powers.  I wonder which T9 power has the worst combination of being both an awful power and necessary for a complete build.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zhym said:

I wonder which T9 power has the worst combination of being both an awful power and necessary for a complete build.

Every Mastermind primary T9.

I don't say this to trigger discussion about 'auto upgraded' henchmen; I actually like the role the second upgrade plays in Mastermind play... I just despise that:

• There are TWO upgrade powers, one of which comes before the Mastermind can even summon the T2 and T3
  • The slotting choices for both upgrades are pathetic. At the very least, some of the Global Enhancement pieces that increase performance of Henchmen (e.g., the auras) should be able to be slotted in these essentially mandatory upgrade powers.
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Uun said:

Not as bad as Time Bomb, but Explosive Shuriken is decidedly anti-climactic.

Eh, it could do with actually exploding for sure, but I give it points for being a fire attack in a set that's mostly smashing/lethal.  A little damage variety isn't too bad and the power still hits the main target decently hard even if the so-called explosion is more like a party popper than a bomb like the Scrapper/Stalker power.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.