New Powersets? Sentinels revamped yet?

FullEclipse

Latest Power Set was Sonic Manipulation, and upcoming is something rock related (sources suggest a Rock Blast Set . . . which I rather hope isn't the case, because Blasters just seem to be getting all kinds of attention).

Sentinels haven't been revamped yet, but discussions continue to occasionally prompt Dev responses of the nature of "we're looking at it."

I understand our HC overlords are "looking at" a number of things and that like anything, they'll be ready when they're ready.  I have to admit it feels like it's been a long time since "big things" came out, but that could just be me; I'm not passing any judgement on them for that either.  I'm hoping they've got some big update simmering away, juuuust about ready to come out.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Couple new sets are coming

3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I understand our HC overlords are "looking at" a number of things and that like anything, they'll be ready when they're ready.  I have to admit it feels like it's been a long time since "big things" came out, but that could just be me; I'm not passing any judgement on them for that either.  I'm hoping they've got some big update simmering away, juuuust about ready to come out.

It feels that way because very big things are on the brink of announcement 

2 hours ago, arcane said:

It feels that way because very big things are on the brink of announcement 

No! It can't be! Not the Clown melee set! At last!

🤭

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I'm interested in some big changes, but I'm wanting some more Customisation mostly. I really like the direction stances took. Some more customisation in animations and a few bug fixes would be what I want.

Personally didn't know sentinels were getting reworked, I always thought they were a product of their placement in the Class structure. I suppose If they or any other new classes come out they should probably parallel existing classes. As sentinel has Blaster Primary with nowhere near as much damage as a Blaster, and Scrapper secondary with less defence than scrappers and no Crits or defiance (Defiance IMO is weak sauce but eh). so I see why it would need it.

5 minutes ago, Gatling said:

I'm interested in some big changes, but I'm wanting some more Customisation mostly.

I'm still hoping someday for the "move enhancement slots between powers without doing a full PITA respec" function.

I know...it's going to be a bit of a wait.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zhym said:

I'm still hoping someday for the "move enhancement slots between powers without doing a full PITA respec" function.

I know...it's going to be a bit of a wait.

That would be awesome. The structure of that system is probably not great, but a good step in that direction would be some sort of respec where your powers and slots skip right to the end with the enhancements set in the power so you can un-slot and re-slot at will. 

10 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

No! It can't be! Not the Clown melee set! At last!

🤭

Carp melee, at last!!

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

11 hours ago, Gatling said:

The structure of that system is probably not great, but a good step in that direction would be some sort of respec where your powers and slots skip right to the end with the enhancements set in the power so you can un-slot and re-slot at will. 

That would definitely be an improvement—and a "pick the same powers I have now" button in the respec process doesn't seem like it would be too hard to add—but then, I haven't seen the code.

I really don't expect or anticipate any changes. I'd be just fine with no changes at all. Ever. 

There's a line in Guys and Dolls, where ....maybe it was Nathan Detroit or Sky Masterson...I can't recall. He says, "You dames. As soon as you find a guy you like, you try to take him in for alterations." (or something like that). 

I would much prefer they come up with a new zone, a new faction of npcs, new arcs rather than a new powerset - but that is just me, and I'm sure there are many who'd love a new powerset or ten. But, if we do get one, I hope it is something along the lines of Bio armor - which is fairly unique - unlike something like Katana and Broadsword which are just about identical, but with different dps on differently named attacks. 

3 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I really don't expect or anticipate any changes. I'd be just fine with no changes at all. Ever. 

There's a line in Guys and Dolls, where ....maybe it was Nathan Detroit or Sky Masterson...I can't recall. He says, "You dames. As soon as you find a guy you like, you try to take him in for alterations." (or something like that). 

I would much prefer they come up with a new zone, a new faction of npcs, new arcs rather than a new powerset - but that is just me, and I'm sure there are many who'd love a new powerset or ten. But, if we do get one, I hope it is something along the lines of Bio armor - which is fairly unique - unlike something like Katana and Broadsword which are just about identical, but with different dps on differently named attacks. 

Most of us are here because we just wanted COH back. So I don't consider most of us frothing at the mouth for updates. But Having Updates on the horizon has a lot of promise that will reinvigorate the desire to play and check out new updates and changes. 

Plus there are some glaring problems with certain power sets, single powers, etc.  Tons of stuff there that they could work on around the edges without creating new power sets.

On 9/5/2021 at 4:20 PM, DocRadio said:

I don't care of the sentinel inherent, but I hope they don't eff the Archetype up. Having a ranged class with status protection has been a literal dream come true.

Having a combat systems update that overhauls the mez system would be a dream come true

Currently on fire.